Alex Bobbyn joined the ABC 7 and FOX 22 news team in July of 2018.
He is a graduate of Penn State University, where he studied broadcast journalism and economics. While at Penn State, Alex served as the general manager of the schools web-based radio station CommRadio. He also was a reporter and anchor on the "Centre County Report", Penn State's Emmy award-winning student-run newscast.
In the spring of 2018, Alex spent time in Israel through an international reporting class. In addition to his work at Penn State, he gained professional experience at Westwood One Sports Radio, Open Road Films and Eclipse Advertising.
A native of New Tripoli, Pennsylvania, Alex is a Philadelphia Eagles and Penn State football fan. Outside of the newsroom, he enjoys hiking, exercising or doing anything outdoors.
He can be reached at [email protected] or on Twitter @AlexBobbyn.
HERMON - Lewis "Billy" Hogan Jr. went missing 46 years ago while flying a yellow Citabria airplane from Connecticut to Houlton. During that time, Jerome Hogan has made it his mission to find the airplane and his brother.
ORONO - More than 6,500 Mainers have served as AmeriCorps members since the program began in 1993. On Tuesday, people from across the country took the pledge of service.
SOUTHWEST HARBOR - Acadia's Oktoberfest returns to Southwest Harbor this weekend. The beer festival kicks off an entire week of festivities in that region.
BLUE HILL - Students from the Blue Hill Consolidated School spent Wednesday afternoon outside and working.
BLUE HILL - Two organized community searches have been scheduled for a missing Blue Hill woman. Jessica Grindle was last seen in late July, and her family continues to search for answers regarding her disappearance.
BANGOR - A new collection of model airplanes were put on display at the Maine Air Museum today. The man who donated the planes spent nearly 30 years of his life working on them.
BRADFORD - The cold air is starting to creep in and homeowners are getting their heat sources ready for the winter.
ROCKLAND - One boy has been traveling all over the country to say thanks to police officers. Today he made his stop in Maine, bringing with him the tasty treat he's known for.
WATERVILLE - Students will no longer need to submit standardized test scores when applying to Colby College.
- Environmental protesters glue themselves to tunnels under Capitol
- Doug Schoen: Mueller testimony won’t lead to Trump’s impeachment
- Georgia police dog shot and killed by deputy during pursuit, sheriff says
- DOJ opens sweeping antitrust review of big tech giants, saying they may work against consumers
- Brooklyn man accused of immigration fraud, submitting hundreds of faked applications: DOJ
- Prince Harry dances with Dr. Jane Goodall at Windsor Castle
- New York City police union urges tougher punishments for harassers after viral videos surface
- Von Spakovsky and Stimson: Crisis in immigration courts demands urgent action – here’s what to do
- Houston day care bus driver charged over death of 3-year-old in 113-degree vehicle
- Most Americans say low trust in federal government makes it difficult to solve problems
- McCain clashes with Beto over 'extreme' comparison between Nuremberg and Trump rally
- Russia confirms joint air patrol with China after South Korea claims airspace violation
- Hebrew inscriptions exposed for the first time since historic synagogue was destroyed in the Holocaust
- PolitiFact stands by AOC 'parking lot' fact-check after online mockery
- Charlotte lawmakers float backing out of hosting Republican convention
- 9/11 victims' fund bill passes Senate, ending months of doubts for 'ecstatic' first responders
- Giant panda electrocuted at Scottish zoo as horrified families watch
- Surveillance footage offers more clues in Savannah Spurlock case
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Ex-Mets, Yankees pitcher Dwight Gooden arrested for second time in six weeks, says he'll enter rehab
- Cleveland Indians’ Lindor calls on MLB to extend protective netting after his foul ball hospitalizes toddler
- Russian boxer Maxim Dadashev, 28, dead after suffering brain injuries in first loss, reports say
- Women’s soccer champ Rose Lavelle meets Rose Lavelle: 'Hopefully everyone will forget about old Rose Lavelle'
- Soccer superstar Lionel Messi stuns English boy, 11, play pickup game during beach vacation
- Zion Williamson is latest to drop off Team USA roster, amid minor injury, conditioning concerns
- Spurs great Tim Duncan returns to team as assistant coach under Popovich
- Cowboys, Yankees tops as Forbes releases list of most valuable sports franchises
- Soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo won't face criminal charges over rape claims, prosecutors say
- Many online condemn Tom Brady for viral post diving with daughter
- Shaquille O’Neal gets rowdy in mosh pit at Tomorrowland music festival
- Michigan's Harbaugh comes up with new idea after taking fire for saying players could lie about mental health