Alex Bobbyn joined the ABC 7 and FOX 22 news team in July of 2018.
He is a graduate of Penn State University, where he studied broadcast journalism and economics. While at Penn State, Alex served as the general manager of the schools web-based radio station CommRadio. He also was a reporter and anchor on the "Centre County Report", Penn State's Emmy award-winning student-run newscast.
In the spring of 2018, Alex spent time in Israel through an international reporting class. In addition to his work at Penn State, he gained professional experience at Westwood One Sports Radio, Open Road Films and Eclipse Advertising.
A native of New Tripoli, Pennsylvania, Alex is a Philadelphia Eagles and Penn State football fan. Outside of the newsroom, he enjoys hiking, exercising or doing anything outdoors.
He can be reached at [email protected] or on Twitter @AlexBobbyn.
BANGOR - Last week, more than a dozen homeless people living in a campsite on Bangor city property were asked to move. Today crews cleared the areas and officials offered help.
ORONO - Nearly a quarter of all Maine residents in the University of Maine System are going to school for free this spring semester. That's according to an announcement Tuesday by UMaine chancellor James Page and the Presidents of Maine's public universities.
BANGOR - According to the American Transplant Foundation, on average 20 people a day die in the US from a lack of available organs for transplant.
Healthy ME - Emily Doody is the Emergency Department and Critical Care Services Administrative Assistant at Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center. She joined our morning team to discuss common misconceptions associated with organ, eye and tissue donations.
BANGOR - On Tuesday morning, members of an advisory committee for the Penobscot County Jail sat in front of county commissioners for a second time. They again recommended building a new jail.
Healthy ME - Sohonnel Thompson is the nurse manager at the Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center Intensive Care Unit. Wednesday morning she joined our morning team to kick off National Donate Life Month.
HAMPDEN - A Hampden road project could cause major traffic delays for local drivers, but according to Hampden's town manager, it'll be well worth it.
ORONO - The Universities of Maine in Orono and Machias officially passed the torch to its newest president during Friday morning's inauguration ceremony. Students, staff and honorable guests were at the Collins Center for the Arts to welcome President Joan Ferrini-Mundy.
BANGOR - Members of the Bangor Region Chamber of Commerce were talking trash at their early bird breakfast Wednesday morning.
BANGOR - Several schools in the Bangor and Orono areas are on lockdown Wednesday morning after alleged social media threats.
Bangor Superintendent Betsy Webb sent out a message via Twitter saying: "All Bangor schools are currently in lockdown due to an alleged social media threat to the Doughty School and Bangor High. Students are safe in the schools. We are working with the Bangor Police who are on site at all schools. We will keep parents informed."
- Rep. Andy Biggs: Border crisis -- Congress must provide funds to respond to the emergency, not perpetuate it
- Heatwave to scorch Europe, France amid Women's World Cup as hot weather alerts triggered
- John Stamos breaks silence on Lori Loughlin being written out of 'Fuller House' Season 5
- Puppy abandoned on side of Mississippi road in armchair, animal control says
- 7-year fight for Lake Washington shoreline ends with Seattle paying $800G to property owners, turning lot into public park
- White House threatens veto on House border bill
- White House threatens veto on current House emergency aid bill
- Trump accuser says most people think of rape as being 'sexy' in interview
- ‘Cursed’ wedding ring found zip-tied to steelhead’s tail during fishing tournament
- Liberal site rips Holocaust Museum for its 'dreadful' intervention in 'concentration camps' debate
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson is the ultimate family man and here are the quotes that prove it
- Meghan Markle, Prince Harry spend $3M of taxpayers’ cash on Frogmore Cottage refurb: report
- Miss Hooters Tennessee contestant arrested for allegedly thrashing boyfriend’s house: report
- Emergency aid bill challenges Pelosi’s grip on Democrats
- Prosecution expert witness admits no evidence of stab wound in Navy SEAL war crimes trial
- New Jersey woman charged in the fatal stabbing of her identical twin
- Man allegedly shoots infant in head after mom spurns his advances: report
- Chicago 6-month-old on life support after cops say mom slammed him into furniture: report
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Florida Panthers draft pick had driver's test same day he was selected
- Christine Sinclair tributes pour in after Canada eliminated from Women's World Cup
- US women's soccer star Megan Rapinoe hypes match against France: 'I hope it's a total s--t show circus'
- Trump says US soccer star Megan Rapinoe's protest during national anthem is wrong
- Warriors GM to meet soon with Kevin Durant, Klay Thompson
- Tiger Woods no longer target of wrongful-death suit
- Sweden eases past Canada to reach Women's World Cup quarterfinals
- Mets manager Callaway, pitcher Vargas fined after fiery confrontation with reporter
- Megan Rapinoe's goals from the spot give US women 2-1 win over Spain, setup France meeting
- Phoenix Suns' Josh Jackson accused of getting 5-month-old daughter high with marijuana use: report
- New York Knicks rookie RJ Barrett reveals where his NFL allegiances lay
- Los Angeles Rams coach Sean McVay engaged to longtime model girlfriend Veronika Khomyn