Alex Bobbyn joined the ABC 7 and FOX 22 news team in July of 2018.
He is a graduate of Penn State University, where he studied broadcast journalism and economics. While at Penn State, Alex served as the general manager of the schools web-based radio station CommRadio. He also was a reporter and anchor on the "Centre County Report", Penn State's Emmy award-winning student-run newscast.
In the spring of 2018, Alex spent time in Israel through an international reporting class. In addition to his work at Penn State, he gained professional experience at Westwood One Sports Radio, Open Road Films and Eclipse Advertising.
A native of New Tripoli, Pennsylvania, Alex is a Philadelphia Eagles and Penn State football fan. Outside of the newsroom, he enjoys hiking, exercising or doing anything outdoors.
He can be reached at [email protected] or on Twitter @AlexBobbyn.
ORONO - The Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention is continuing to investigate the six Legionella cases in our area. Officials from the Maine CDC say that number is higher than usual and have even found levels of the bacteria in the Orono-Veazie Water District.
MILLINOCKET - Millinocket residents are in disagreement over an open letter written in the town's local paper last week. In it, the town's code enforcement officer cracked down on property owners with overgrown and unkept lawns.
BANGOR - The Bangor Waterfront is a busy summer spot for runners, bikers and walkers. Over the past few years, it's also become the go-to place for a quick bite of food.
BANGOR - Two people were injured after shots were fired on Union Street in Bangor Tuesday morning, leaving neighbors and witnesses wondering what unfolded.
BANGOR - Thursday morning, students at All Saints Catholic School in Bangor made a generous donation to Catholic Charities Maine.
GLENBURN - A passing storm sent Glenburn firefighters to Pushaw Lake Monday for a quick and successful rescue. The two pedal boaters said they were thankful for the quick response.
BANGOR - We're less than a week away from the start of Bangor's summer concert series and local businesses are gearing up for what they expect to be a busy weekend and summer.
BANGOR - For the last 167 years Bangor Savings Bank has called Bangor its home. President & CEO of the bank, Robert Montgomery-Rice, says that's not going to change. The new waterfront campus solidifies the banks place in the city.
BANGOR - The man charged with attempted murder in connection with the downtown Bangor shooting appeared in a Penobscot County courtroom Monday. The incident took place Saturday evening, leaving one man in the hospital recovering from injuries.
- Environmental protesters glue themselves to tunnels under Capitol
- Doug Schoen: Mueller testimony won’t lead to Trump’s impeachment
- Georgia police dog shot and killed by deputy during pursuit, sheriff says
- DOJ opens sweeping antitrust review of big tech giants, saying they may work against consumers
- Brooklyn man accused of immigration fraud, submitting hundreds of faked applications: DOJ
- Prince Harry dances with Dr. Jane Goodall at Windsor Castle
- New York City police union urges tougher punishments for harassers after viral videos surface
- Von Spakovsky and Stimson: Crisis in immigration courts demands urgent action – here’s what to do
- Houston day care bus driver charged over death of 3-year-old in 113-degree vehicle
- Most Americans say low trust in federal government makes it difficult to solve problems
- McCain clashes with Beto over 'extreme' comparison between Nuremberg and Trump rally
- Russia confirms joint air patrol with China after South Korea claims airspace violation
- Hebrew inscriptions exposed for the first time since historic synagogue was destroyed in the Holocaust
- PolitiFact stands by AOC 'parking lot' fact-check after online mockery
- Charlotte lawmakers float backing out of hosting Republican convention
- 9/11 victims' fund bill passes Senate, ending months of doubts for 'ecstatic' first responders
- Giant panda electrocuted at Scottish zoo as horrified families watch
- Surveillance footage offers more clues in Savannah Spurlock case
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Ex-Mets, Yankees pitcher Dwight Gooden arrested for second time in six weeks, says he'll enter rehab
- Cleveland Indians’ Lindor calls on MLB to extend protective netting after his foul ball hospitalizes toddler
- Russian boxer Maxim Dadashev, 28, dead after suffering brain injuries in first loss, reports say
- Women’s soccer champ Rose Lavelle meets Rose Lavelle: 'Hopefully everyone will forget about old Rose Lavelle'
- Soccer superstar Lionel Messi stuns English boy, 11, play pickup game during beach vacation
- Zion Williamson is latest to drop off Team USA roster, amid minor injury, conditioning concerns
- Spurs great Tim Duncan returns to team as assistant coach under Popovich
- Cowboys, Yankees tops as Forbes releases list of most valuable sports franchises
- Soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo won't face criminal charges over rape claims, prosecutors say
- Many online condemn Tom Brady for viral post diving with daughter
- Shaquille O’Neal gets rowdy in mosh pit at Tomorrowland music festival
- Michigan's Harbaugh comes up with new idea after taking fire for saying players could lie about mental health