Alex Bobbyn joined the ABC 7 and FOX 22 news team in July of 2018.
He is a graduate of Penn State University, where he studied broadcast journalism and economics. While at Penn State, Alex served as the general manager of the schools web-based radio station CommRadio. He also was a reporter and anchor on the "Centre County Report", Penn State's Emmy award-winning student-run newscast.
In the spring of 2018, Alex spent time in Israel through an international reporting class. In addition to his work at Penn State, he gained professional experience at Westwood One Sports Radio, Open Road Films and Eclipse Advertising.
A native of New Tripoli, Pennsylvania, Alex is a Philadelphia Eagles and Penn State football fan. Outside of the newsroom, he enjoys hiking, exercising or doing anything outdoors.
He can be reached at [email protected] or on Twitter @AlexBobbyn.
BANGOR - For the last 167 years Bangor Savings Bank has called Bangor its home. President & CEO of the bank, Robert Montgomery-Rice, says that's not going to change. The new waterfront campus solidifies the banks place in the city.
BANGOR - The man charged with attempted murder in connection with the downtown Bangor shooting appeared in a Penobscot County courtroom Monday. The incident took place Saturday evening, leaving one man in the hospital recovering from injuries.
BANGOR - In February Peter Kelleher, known as the Soupman, stopped at the Bangor Homeless Shelter to drop off backpacks and other items to those in need. Tuesday he was back, but with something different.
MILLINOCKET - Two women who were reported missing Monday afternoon in Millinocket have been found. Game wardens spotted the two in a car Tuesday morning stuck near the Caucomgomoc Lake region.
BANGOR - With the rain moving out of our area and the sun shining, it was a great day to spend outside. Many people gathered at the Bangor waterfront Sunday for the annual Erin's Run.
BANGOR - Last week, more than a dozen homeless people living in a campsite on Bangor city property were asked to move. Today crews cleared the areas and officials offered help.
ORONO - Nearly a quarter of all Maine residents in the University of Maine System are going to school for free this spring semester. That's according to an announcement Tuesday by UMaine chancellor James Page and the Presidents of Maine's public universities.
BANGOR - According to the American Transplant Foundation, on average 20 people a day die in the US from a lack of available organs for transplant.
Healthy ME - Emily Doody is the Emergency Department and Critical Care Services Administrative Assistant at Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center. She joined our morning team to discuss common misconceptions associated with organ, eye and tissue donations.
BANGOR - On Tuesday morning, members of an advisory committee for the Penobscot County Jail sat in front of county commissioners for a second time. They again recommended building a new jail.
- Trump, in Japan, meets Emperor Naruhito ahead of news conference with Abe
- Baby girl found in Michigan motel room with her dead parents, investigators say
- NYU political science professor blasted for tweeting fake Trump quote, calling it 'plausible'
- French police hunt man who planted explosive device in Lyon, release surveillance photos
- Arkansas community braces for flooding impact on Memorial Day weekend: 'Keep everybody in your prayers'
- Brazil: Prison riot in Amazonas state leaves at least 8 dead
- Marine Le Pen's National Rally party wins France elections for European Parliament, Greens surge in Germany: polls
- Christen Limbaugh Bloom: How being vulnerable can actually be fun (no, really)
- 'Game of Thrones' critics petition Benioff and Weiss not to ruin 'Star Wars' franchise
- 'Aladdin' soars at the box office, 'Booksmart' flops for Memorial Day weekend
- Flour recalled after 17 people in 8 states sickened with E. coli, CDC says
- VP Pence tells West Point grads it's a 'virtual certainty' they will fight on a battlefield for America
- Belgium's national election split along linguistic lines
- Liz Cheney: Strzok-Page texts sound ‘like a coup,’ could be ‘treason’
- Hawaii woman found alive after missing for 2 weeks says time in forest was 'toughest,' but 'I chose life'
- State prosecutors struggle with human trafficking cases
- Germany's Social Democrats head for a pasting in Bremen vote
- Mel B slams fellow Spice Girls Geri Horner and Victoria Beckham, talks Eddie Murphy split and Zac Efron hookup
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Retired soccer star Abby Wambach to be inducted into Hall of Fame: 'It means that I'm officially a has-been'
- US women's soccer team caps off send-off series with 3-0 win over Mexico
- Leonard scores 27, Raptors advance to first NBA Finals
- NBA's Jeremy Lin stopped from boarding team bus by Bucks security guard demanding pass
- Former Baylor head coach Art Briles hired by Texas high school
- Texas softball pitcher ‘doing well’ after ball hits her in face: reports
- Obama surprises kids at Washington Nationals academy: 'You're going to make a real difference'
- Lance Armstrong says he 'wouldn't change a thing' about doping scandal that cost him 7 Tour de France titles
- Olympian soccer player found dead in Colombia days after being reported missing
- Mallory Edens, daughter of Milwaukee Bucks co-owner, trolls Drake with shirt; rapper fires back
- Lillard, Kemba, LeBron among noteworthy All-NBA picks
- Arbitrator upholds Voynov suspension but says he served half