The Bangor Rotary Club is getting ready for its annual "Music Off Broadway" fundraiser. On Friday, Craig Colson spoke with the Rotary Club's Susan Jonason and John Grover to hear what is in store for those who turn up.
Bangor Rotary's 'Music Off Broadway' to benefit area nonprofitsWritten by Craig Colson
BANGOR - It promises to be an evening of great entertainment featuring some talented performers from our own community.
Craig Colson became news director and anchor at WVII ABC 7 and WFVX Fox Bangor in December of 2012. He began his career in broadcasting in 1985 while working as a news photographer at another Bangor television station. Craig worked his way up through the ranks and became the main anchor for the nightly newscasts before leaving in 2009. At that point, he became news director for four local radio stations and delivered the morning news before taking on his current position.
Craig grew up in a "news family" and followed in the footsteps of his father who was also a news director and anchor. His brother is also a news photographer at a Boston television station.
Craig's career has brought him all over-reporting from everywhere from Washington D.C. to Red Square in Moscow, Russia. When he isn't reporting the news, Craig can be found taking on new adventures with his two daughters or exploring the coast of Maine in his kayak. His other passion is making furniture in his shop or just about anything involving the outdoors.
- ESPN warning its outspoken broadcasters following 'Roseanne' controversy at ABC
- Boy's 'suspicious' death prompts removal of 7 other children from home: police
- McDonald's patron arrested for using disabling chemical spray during attack on other patrons
- Brooke Astor collection heads to research room at library
- Gas thief drilling into fuel tanks
- Trump says 'red wave' needed to pass immigration bill over 'obstructing' Democrats
- Rival Koreas agree to August reunions of war-split families
- German chancellor says migration meeting a 'first exchange'
- Incredible talent helps 'Bao' director make Pixar breakthrough
- Apollo Moon rock rediscovered in Cambodia debuts on display
- Joshua Kushner's girlfriend Karlie Kloss blasted for urging fans to contact politicians
- Gun owner saves pregnant pizza driver from beating, robbery: police
- Saransk swells from building boom of World Cup proportions
- 92-year-old WWII veteran surprised with high school diploma
- Virginia Dems press White House for answers on alleged abuse of immigrant children in their state
- 'First date' robbery in park was a set-up, police say
- Turkey heads to landmark presidential, parliamentary vote
- Pat Boone recalls shocking the Christian community with heavy metal album: 'It was a big overreaction'
- Iggy Azalea Reacts To Demi Lovato's 'Sober': 'I'm Proud Of You For Having The Guts To Reveal Your Truth'
- Kesha Shows Off Her Busted Lip After An Accident With Her Mic
- Bryce Dallas Howard's Dad Ron Howard Totally Spoiled Chris Pratt Being In The New 'Jurassic' Films
- Jimmy Kimmel Comes To Nick Kroll's Rescue After He Splits His Pants On His Show
- Chrissy Teigen Uses Baby Luna To Expertly Troll John Legend & It's The Best
- Blake Lively Teams Up With Anna Kendrick To Hilariously Troll Ryan Reynolds
- Suspect Arrested In Shooting Of XXXTentacion
- Halle Berry Shares Rare Photos Of Her Kids On Vacation In Bora Bora
- Paul McCartney Announces 'Egypt Station' Will Be Released Sept. 7
- Pete Davidson Confirms His Engagement To Ariana Grande: 'It's Lit'
- This Is How Jack-Jack Became The Breakout Star Of 'The Incredibles 2'
- The Jonas Brothers Hilariously Celebrate The 10-Year Anniversary Of 'Camp Rock' With Nostalgic Tweets
- FIFA backs American soccer ref who denies asking for Portugal player's jersey
- Sports betting rules OK'd for Mississippi casinos
- NFL to suspend Jameis Winston for allegedly grabbing female Uber driver's crotch, report says
- NBA star Nick Young jokes cocaine should be legalized after Canada's marijuana decision
- Phillies fan injured when Phanatic shoots hot dog into stands
- Wife of former NFL quarterback 'terrified' he will kill her after domestic violence arrest
- Japan and Senegal fans impress at World Cup after helping to clean up stadiums
- World Cup fans reportedly causing beer shortage in Russia
- North Carolina girls' softball teams banned from events after parents caught brawling at tournament
- African country denies they granted former tennis champ diplomatic immunity
- Reporter's shock over Washington Capitals coach resignation captured during IG hearing
- Panthers quarterback Cam Newton snaps at kid who mocked him for Super Bowl loss