- Category: Uncategorised
- Created on Wednesday, 11 October 2017 15:24
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 44809
FOX Network broadcasts two audio channels. One designated "ENGLISH" and one designed "SPANISH" on viewers digital TV's. On selected FOX network programming, such as Major League Baseball, NASCAR, NFL On FOX, COPS, America's Most Wanted specials, and certain movies, on the Spanish channel FOX will replace the English audio that is heard on the ENGLISH main channel with either Spanish language or a new thing the FCC calls "Audio Description" where a narrators voice will describe in short phrases what is happening on the screen for those viewers who are visually impaired.
Homer: YOU LITTLE ….!!!!!
Bart: (Choking sound)
Narrator: Homer chokes Bart.
This sometimes confuses viewers who mistakenly think the TV station has gone crazy or has been taken over. In reality there is no issue with the broadcast. You may only experience this on WFVX or it just started with the current program or it is only during the race (ballgame, movie, etc.) and all the commercials are fine. This confirms there is nothing wrong with the broadcast.
The problem is the viewer has accidentally or maybe on purpose, changed the audio channel from ENGLISH to SPANISH and doesn't realize it. Most of the time, English will be broadcast on the SPANISH channel when there is no programming providing Spanish audio so most viewers never realize they are on the incorrect audio channel until a program with Spanish or Audio Description is broadcast. It is very easy to correct. Only the viewer can fix this. The TV station has no way to correct the issue.
And here is how you do it.
On a viewer's remote control there may be wording something like MTS or SAP or AUDIO or SPANISH. By pushing the appropriate button will normally cycle through the choices until the correct setting is found. For viewers who do not have a remote control or their remote control does not list any audio settings, the viewer will need to go into the digital TV or converter box MENU and look for AUDIO. In those settings will list the audio channels available and can be changed there. The settings can be changed when English is being broadcast. Watch for the current setting displayed on your TV screen to see which audio channel is active.
Performing this task will change the audio setting from the SPANISH audio channel back to the ENGLISH audio channel.
- ESPN warning its outspoken broadcasters following 'Roseanne' controversy at ABC
- McCaul optimistic immigration bill will pass House despite Trump's lament about 'wasting time'
- Woman dubbed '#PermitPatty' appears to call cops on 8-year-old girl selling water in viral video
- Crude oil spills into Iowa river after freight train derailment
- Michelle Obama says her memoir is a 're-humanization' effort
- The Greg Gutfeld Show - Saturday, Jun 23
- Justice With Judge Jeanine - Saturday, Jun 23
- Watters World - Saturday, Jun 18
- 'Free like a bird': Saudi women start driving as longstanding ban ends
- A new extinct species of gibbon found in China
- Cop killer who murdered New York police officer in 1973 granted parole
- Idle lawmakers' chair game outrages mother who lost her son in 2013
- Man disguised as delivery driver stole from Vegas hotels, police say
- Gunman dead after 2 cops shot in San Diego standoff; 1 officer reported clinging to life
- Virginia city votes to remove Jefferson Davis' name from highway
- Immigration policy gives Trump-hating media a new reason to go overboard demonizing him and his team
- US Navy IDs pilot killed in crash at New Mexico Air Force base
- Bernie Sanders' income tops $1M for second year in row, reports say
- Brigitte Nielsen Welcomes Baby No. 5 at 54 Years Old: Meet Frida!
- Actress & NY Gubernatorial Candidate Cynthia Nixon Announced That Her Child Has Come Out As Transgender
- Vinnie Paul, Co-Founder & Drummer Of Metal Band Pantera, Has Died At 54
- Nick Jonas Takes A Romantic Video Of Priyanka Chopra On Trip To India
- Jenna Ortega Makes Anti-Melania Trump Fashion Statement At Radio Disney Music Awards
- J. Cole Is Set To Perform At Sunday's 2018 BET Awards
- Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood Have An 'American Idol' Reunion At 2018 Radio Disney Music Awards
- Cat Deeley Welcomes Second Child
- Seth Rogen Is Over Ariana Grande & Pete Davidson’s Social Media PDA
- Alyson Stoner Drops Trippy New Music Video For 'Who Do You Love' – Watch!
- Sarah Hyland Shows Shocking Photo Of Her Swollen Face & Reveals 'Painful' Hospitalization
- Iggy Azalea Reacts To Demi Lovato's 'Sober': 'I'm Proud Of You For Having The Guts To Reveal Your Truth'
- US Open to change how it seeds players after Serena Williams pregnancy row
- Picture of NBA draft pick Lonnie Walker IV's 'floating' hat becomes hilarious meme
- FIFA backs American soccer ref who denies asking for Portugal player's jersey
- Sports betting rules OK'd for Mississippi casinos
- NFL to suspend Jameis Winston for allegedly grabbing female Uber driver's crotch, report says
- NBA star Nick Young jokes cocaine should be legalized after Canada's marijuana decision
- Phillies fan injured when Phanatic shoots hot dog into stands
- Wife of former NFL quarterback 'terrified' he will kill her after domestic violence arrest
- Japan and Senegal fans impress at World Cup after helping to clean up stadiums
- World Cup fans reportedly causing beer shortage in Russia
- North Carolina girls' softball teams banned from events after parents caught brawling at tournament
- African country denies they granted former tennis champ diplomatic immunity