- Category: Uncategorised
- Created on Wednesday, 11 October 2017 15:24
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 60428
FOX Network broadcasts two audio channels. One designated "ENGLISH" and one designed "SPANISH" on viewers digital TV's. On selected FOX network programming, such as Major League Baseball, NASCAR, NFL On FOX, COPS, America's Most Wanted specials, and certain movies, on the Spanish channel FOX will replace the English audio that is heard on the ENGLISH main channel with either Spanish language or a new thing the FCC calls "Audio Description" where a narrators voice will describe in short phrases what is happening on the screen for those viewers who are visually impaired.
Homer: YOU LITTLE ….!!!!!
Bart: (Choking sound)
Narrator: Homer chokes Bart.
This sometimes confuses viewers who mistakenly think the TV station has gone crazy or has been taken over. In reality there is no issue with the broadcast. You may only experience this on WFVX or it just started with the current program or it is only during the race (ballgame, movie, etc.) and all the commercials are fine. This confirms there is nothing wrong with the broadcast.
The problem is the viewer has accidentally or maybe on purpose, changed the audio channel from ENGLISH to SPANISH and doesn't realize it. Most of the time, English will be broadcast on the SPANISH channel when there is no programming providing Spanish audio so most viewers never realize they are on the incorrect audio channel until a program with Spanish or Audio Description is broadcast. It is very easy to correct. Only the viewer can fix this. The TV station has no way to correct the issue.
And here is how you do it.
On a viewer's remote control there may be wording something like MTS or SAP or AUDIO or SPANISH. By pushing the appropriate button will normally cycle through the choices until the correct setting is found. For viewers who do not have a remote control or their remote control does not list any audio settings, the viewer will need to go into the digital TV or converter box MENU and look for AUDIO. In those settings will list the audio channels available and can be changed there. The settings can be changed when English is being broadcast. Watch for the current setting displayed on your TV screen to see which audio channel is active.
Performing this task will change the audio setting from the SPANISH audio channel back to the ENGLISH audio channel.
- Are we reaching the end of the Mueller probe?
- Officials try to account for hundreds missing in fire's wake
- As border wall goes up in Texas, some local landowners put up a fight, others welcome it
- Finding strength when faced with life's disappointments
- NYC lawsuit: Immigration detainees denied day in court
- Indiana college cancels 2019 football season after 53 losses
- Abortion debate intensifies after amendments pass removing abortion protections in 2 states
- Gambino crime family associates charged in 2015 vehicle fire
- NYPD ousts sex crimes chief who led Weinstein investigation
- Tense week in Gaza could impact Trump's Mideast peace plan
- Newt Gingrich: The left may be winning the war of words – but here’s how the GOP can win in 2020
- Sen. James Inhofe: A border wall can be built for $25 billion – here’s how to get the money
- Tyrus on the shooting death of security guard Jemel Roberson
- 'Last Man Standing' star Nancy Travis talks returning to comedy
- Construction worker suicide rates are highest in the US, CDC study says
- ‘The View’ host Joy Behar slams CMAs for not being politically charged: ‘The democracy is at risk’
- Gaming studio grants dying fan's wish, helps grieving family
- US hardens pro-Israel stance at UN, votes down resolution on Golan Heights
- Khloe Kardashian Flashes Her Flat Belly Just Months After Giving Birth
- Tori Spelling Pens Love-Filled Post For Hubby Dean McDermott on His Birthday
- Adam Levine Addresses Super Bowl Performance Rumors
- Cardi B. Says She Is 'Depressed’ Because She 'Cannot Stop Losing Weight' Post-Baby
- Kevin Hart, Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, 50 Cent, Tina Lawson & More Stars Share 'Heartbroken' Messages About Kim Porter's Sudden Death
- Kevin Hart, Rihanna, Nicki Minah, 50 Cent, Tina Lawson & More Stars Share 'Heartbroken' Messages About Kim Porter's Sudden Death
- Will Smith, Marc Anthony & Bad Bunny Kick Off 2018 Latin Grammys With Explosive Performance
- Jimmy Fallon Debuts The New 'Tonight Show' Challenge The #SharpieChallenge
- Zayn Malik Drops Anticipated New Single With Nicki Minaj: Is It About Gigi Hadid?
- Armie Hammer Apologizes Amid Stan Lee Flak, Thanks Jeffrey Dean Morgan For Calling Him An 'A**hat'
- Hayden Panettiere's Boyfriend Brian Hickerson Blasts Rumors That Her Friends Are Worried About Their Relationship (EXCLUSIVE)
- The Netflix Original Movie 'A Christmas Prince' Is Getting A Royal Sequel!
- University of Houston football star gets into heated argument with coach over coat
- Indiana college cancels 2019 football season after 70-6 defeat and 53 straight losses
- Chiefs-Rams fans get change fees waived by major air carriers after Mexico City game cancelled
- GRAPHIC VIDEO: College basketball player booted from campus after cheap shot
- Oklahoma State football coach rants about 'liberalism,' being a 'snowflake'
- Chiefs fans frustrated after NFL moves game vs. Rams from Mexico City to Los Angeles
- Rutgers women's basketball coach C. Vivian Stringer wins 1,000th game
- NFL moves Rams-Chiefs showdown from Mexico City due to field conditions
- Mike Francesa, sports radio legend, eulogizes Marvel's Stan Lee: 'Oh, who cares?'
- New York Giants, San Francisco 49ers played in 'very unhealthy' conditions due to California wildfires
- Serena Williams GQ cover sparks outcry
- Ex-Seattle Mariners official accuses team's top brass of making racist comments