- Category: Uncategorised
- Created on Wednesday, 11 October 2017 15:24
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 67007
FOX Network broadcasts two audio channels. One designated "ENGLISH" and one designed "SPANISH" on viewers digital TV's. On selected FOX network programming, such as Major League Baseball, NASCAR, NFL On FOX, COPS, America's Most Wanted specials, and certain movies, on the Spanish channel FOX will replace the English audio that is heard on the ENGLISH main channel with either Spanish language or a new thing the FCC calls "Audio Description" where a narrators voice will describe in short phrases what is happening on the screen for those viewers who are visually impaired.
Homer: YOU LITTLE ….!!!!!
Bart: (Choking sound)
Narrator: Homer chokes Bart.
This sometimes confuses viewers who mistakenly think the TV station has gone crazy or has been taken over. In reality there is no issue with the broadcast. You may only experience this on WFVX or it just started with the current program or it is only during the race (ballgame, movie, etc.) and all the commercials are fine. This confirms there is nothing wrong with the broadcast.
The problem is the viewer has accidentally or maybe on purpose, changed the audio channel from ENGLISH to SPANISH and doesn't realize it. Most of the time, English will be broadcast on the SPANISH channel when there is no programming providing Spanish audio so most viewers never realize they are on the incorrect audio channel until a program with Spanish or Audio Description is broadcast. It is very easy to correct. Only the viewer can fix this. The TV station has no way to correct the issue.
And here is how you do it.
On a viewer's remote control there may be wording something like MTS or SAP or AUDIO or SPANISH. By pushing the appropriate button will normally cycle through the choices until the correct setting is found. For viewers who do not have a remote control or their remote control does not list any audio settings, the viewer will need to go into the digital TV or converter box MENU and look for AUDIO. In those settings will list the audio channels available and can be changed there. The settings can be changed when English is being broadcast. Watch for the current setting displayed on your TV screen to see which audio channel is active.
Performing this task will change the audio setting from the SPANISH audio channel back to the ENGLISH audio channel.
- Two dueling Women’s March rallies drew thousands of supporters in Manhattan
- Trump cancels Pelosi’s trip abroad after telling him to delay the State of the Union
- Can Democrats afford to turn down a border security proposal that includes a DACA deal?
- Dr. Marc Siegel: Diabetes and America – We can't afford more deaths because of rising insulin prices
- Trump offers immigration compromise to end partial shutdown; Dems cool to offer
- Missouri woman arrested after son, 2, falls out of her car and is fatally struck
- Trump expected to propose deal linking wall funding and DACA to end partial shutdown
- President Trump set to make major announcement on border security funding and partial government shutdown
- Trump at presidential halfway mark: Where he stands on campaign promises
- What is the economic impact of the partial government shutdown?
- Marine vet with PTSD held by ICE for 3 days before agency realized he was citizen
- Trump says he appreciates Mueller’s statement disputing BuzzFeed report
- How long would a wall along the southern border take to build?
- Opinion writer for BuzzFeed disagrees with their decision to publish an article about the Mueller probe
- How much grace will Trump get from his base for DACA if he gets funding for the border wall?
- Students at elite prep school filmed in blackface, making monkey gestures
- Bill Barr confirmation hearing recap: What we learned about how he would run the Department of Justice
- Police offer to get locals drunk to train officers in field sobriety tests
- What Is A Puja Ceremony? Inside Priyanka Chopra & Nick Jonas' Pre-Wedding Ritual
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- John Coughlin, two-time US pairs skating champion, dies by suicide day after being suspended
- Patriots, Chiefs will face frigid temperatures in AFC title game in Kansas City
- Los Angeles Lakers' Michael Beasley attempts to enter game with wrong shorts
- Bull that killed professional rider Mason Lowe will remain on PBR circuit, CEO says
- Eagles receiver surprises schoolkids who wrote to him after crushing NFL playoff loss
- Enes Kanter's concerns about potential assassination over political views taken 'very seriously' by NBA
- Kyrie Irving called LeBron James to apologize: ‘I wanted to be the guy who led us to a championship’
- Connecticut, Tulsa men's basketball coaches ejected after handshake at midcourt
- Carolina Panthers' Christian McCaffrey sending two Army veterans to Super Bowl
- Former NFL lineman must stand trial for threats against ex-teammate accused of bullying him, report says
- Ex-NFLer Richie Incognito went into hiding after online 'threat' by teammate he allegedly bullied, report says
- NFL, NBA and MLB come around to sports betting as leagues could win big