- Category: Uncategorised
- Created on Wednesday, 11 October 2017 15:24
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 80889
FOX Network broadcasts two audio channels. One designated "ENGLISH" and one designed "SPANISH" on viewers digital TV's. On selected FOX network programming, such as Major League Baseball, NASCAR, NFL On FOX, COPS, America's Most Wanted specials, and certain movies, on the Spanish channel FOX will replace the English audio that is heard on the ENGLISH main channel with either Spanish language or a new thing the FCC calls "Audio Description" where a narrators voice will describe in short phrases what is happening on the screen for those viewers who are visually impaired.
Homer: YOU LITTLE ….!!!!!
Bart: (Choking sound)
Narrator: Homer chokes Bart.
This sometimes confuses viewers who mistakenly think the TV station has gone crazy or has been taken over. In reality there is no issue with the broadcast. You may only experience this on WFVX or it just started with the current program or it is only during the race (ballgame, movie, etc.) and all the commercials are fine. This confirms there is nothing wrong with the broadcast.
The problem is the viewer has accidentally or maybe on purpose, changed the audio channel from ENGLISH to SPANISH and doesn't realize it. Most of the time, English will be broadcast on the SPANISH channel when there is no programming providing Spanish audio so most viewers never realize they are on the incorrect audio channel until a program with Spanish or Audio Description is broadcast. It is very easy to correct. Only the viewer can fix this. The TV station has no way to correct the issue.
And here is how you do it.
On a viewer's remote control there may be wording something like MTS or SAP or AUDIO or SPANISH. By pushing the appropriate button will normally cycle through the choices until the correct setting is found. For viewers who do not have a remote control or their remote control does not list any audio settings, the viewer will need to go into the digital TV or converter box MENU and look for AUDIO. In those settings will list the audio channels available and can be changed there. The settings can be changed when English is being broadcast. Watch for the current setting displayed on your TV screen to see which audio channel is active.
Performing this task will change the audio setting from the SPANISH audio channel back to the ENGLISH audio channel.
- Bernie Sanders’ campaign workers complaining, fleeing over ‘poverty wages’: report
- Brooklyn man dies after sucker punch, NYPD searches for suspect
- Dem socialist Julia Salazar allegedly dipped into trust fund during state senate campaign: report
- SEE IT: Man in suit piggy-backs woman to escape flooded New Jersey train station
- Fatal stabbings of mom, 3 kids leave relatives, friends devastated; suspect in custody, authorities say
- Jerry Seinfeld lands 'dream guest' for new season of 'Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee'
- 'Firebird' roller coaster jams at Six Flags park near DC; all passengers escorted to safety
- Biscuits start baking inside hot car in Nebraska as part of weather experiment
- Jim Hanson: US downing of Iranian drone is a warning to stop aggression and support for terrorism
- Arkansas sheriff's deputy killed in shooting after responding to domestic call, police say
- Gigi Hadid beats copyright lawsuit over Instagram picture
- Kim Kardashian thanks Trump, Pompeo and Kushner for efforts to get A$AP Rocky released from Sweden jail
- Capitol police meet with members of political 'squad' about safety concerns
- Tlaib, AOC grill McAleenan over treatment of migrants detained at US-Mexico border
- Chicago woman, daughter charged with killing baby cut from teenager's womb with butcher knife
- Jay Sekulow and Mark Goldfeder: Ilhan Omar’s outrageous anti-Israel resolution should be defeated in House
- Trump to nominate Gene Scalia, son of late Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia, for secretary of labor
- Senators reach deal to vote on 9/11 victims fund as Dems blast proposed Lee amendment
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Man who allegedly stole Super Bowl champion's rings stopped with help from 'Pawn Stars' shop
- Oklahoma City Thunder officials receive threatening voicemail after Paul George trade, police say
- US Open plans to bend rules to make sure they get Coco Gauff
- Ex-UFC fighter Abel 'Killa' Trujillo charged with sexual exploitation of child: reports
- Baker Mayfield's annoying Instagram habit courted future wife
- Baker Mayfield trashes New York Giants fans in defense of Odell Beckham Jr
- Dwight Howard opens up about Kobe Bryant calling him 'soft': 'I hated him for that moment'
- MLB players call on Puerto Rico governor to resign over leaked text messages
- Golden State Warriors coach Steve Kerr says 'GOP has sold its soul to Trump'
- Los Angeles Galaxy star Zlatan Ibrahimovic knows exactly what's not at Area 51
- David Price, Dennis Eckersley feud reignites after plane incident resurfaces
- Angels pitcher Noe Ramirez suspended for 3 games