New London, CT – Husson baseball fell to the U.S. Coast Guard Academy Wednesday afternoon, 3-1 in the first round of ECAC Tournament.
The Eagles turned a 1-2-3 inning in the top of the 1st to suppress the Bears, however in the next two innings Coast Guard Academy built up a 2-0 lead. In the top of 2nd inning Coast Guard got on the board when Tyler Babkiewich (Golden, CO) singled, stole second, and advanced to third on an Eagle error. Mike Massaro (Sewell, NJ) grounded out to 1st base, batting in the first run of the day.
In the top of the 3rd Joe Petry (Worcester, MA) singled to shortstop, advancing to third on an Eric Gerken (Tampa, FL) single to center field, and was batted in by Mark Behne (Clifton, VA) who grounded out to earn the RBI making it 2-0 Bears.
Husson held the Bears until the top of the 8th when Gerken doubled to left field, and Nolan Gallagher (New Milford, CT) singled, bringing in the third run of the game for the Coast Guard.
The Eagles mustered a little late game offense in the bottom of the 8th when Cody McInnis (Bangor, ME) reached on a single to center field, advancing to second on a wild pitch. Pat Thibodeau (Caribou, ME) singled to the shortstop, advancing McInnis to third base, and Dylan Foster (Oakland, ME) had a sacrifice fly to left field, batting in McInnis.
Unfortunately for the Eagles that was the only run they would score, falling 3-1.
Derek Petty (Parker, CO) earned the win for the Bears throwing 7 innings, allowing 5 hits and striking out 5 batters. Tyler Vieira (Dumfries, VA) earned the save, pitching 1 inning of relief, giving up 2 hits with 2 strikeouts.
- Bill would give pot retailers access to banks
- Trailer, soda destroyed in turnpike fire
- Child porn, robbery top indictments list
- Brewers release Earth Day-inspired beers
- CMP to increase workforce
- Kennebec County preparing for flooding
- Buck Street sewer repairs affecting traffic
- Man killed by Amtrak train in Biddeford
- Bangor church bells ring for Notre Dame
- "Hot Stove" event connects locals and lawmakers
- Jackson Lab to hire 300 new employees
- Officials warn of scammers posing as Emera workers
- Ellsworth PD investigating spread of counterfeit cash
- Bar Harbor murder trial to begin in May
- School food sharing table bill presented
- Criterion Theatre gets grant funding
- Event showcases research by Husson students, faculty
- Snake devours huge frogmouth outside woman's window, disturbing video shows
- Patrick Schwarzenegger says dad Arnold convinced him to stop smoking marijuana
- Majority of illegal immigrants in US receive government benefits, costing taxpayers billions: experts
- Rep. Cicilline: Congress has a responsibility to conduct oversight, even if it makes Trump supporters uncomfortable
- Texas killer dies, questions still remain about girls' death
- Pelosi faces mounting Trump impeachment pressure from Dem ranks after Mueller report
- Report: Over 4,300 vacate Syria displaced camp
- Jerusalem says it will "fix" bigoted fliers found in schools
- Sri Lanka Easter bombing culprits remain elusive as no militant groups step up to claim responsibilty
- Video released of suspect in 2017 killings of Indiana girls
- Delphi murder investigation features new sketch, background on 'heartless' killer of 2 Indiana girls
- Hailey Baldwin fires back at critics: 'Am I not allowed to be grateful?'
- John Sununu on pushing for Trump impeachment: “Democrats are going to make a serious, serious mistake”
- Sanders tops Biden in New Hampshire poll, as Buttigieg surges
- Cathay Pacific Airlines catches crew stealing booze, cutlery during spot checks
- Border security should be left up to the experts, vigilantes need to follow the law: Border Patrol Council official
- Joseph diGenova and Victoria Toensing: Trump was vindicated by Mueller report – here's what needs to happen next
- Florida man accused of building pipe bomb, posting video of it to Facebook
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Philadelphia Eagles players fire back at former QB Donovan McNabb over Carson Wentz criticism
- Dallas Cowboys laid a trap for a leaker and an executive just revealed how the operation went down
- DISH Network subcontractor accused of putting customer in 'bear hug' after finishing repairs
- Oakland Athletics turn wild double play starting with home run robbery
- Philadelphia Flyers remove Kate Smith statue, New York Yankees halt her 'God Bless America' amid controversy
- Golden State Warriors guard Klay Thompson reveals what sparked clutch 32-point performance in Game 4 win
- Ex-college football coach Tommy Tuberville reveals why he will run for Alabama Senate against Doug Jones
- Warriors beat LA 113-105, take 3-1 series lead to Bay Area
- Hertl lifts Sharks past Vegas 2-1 in 20T to force Game 7
- Marchand helps Bruins beat Maple Leafs 4-2 to force Game 7
- Matthew Stafford’s wife recovering from brain surgery, learning her ‘new normal’
- Yankees star Aaron Judge sidelined with 'pretty significant strain' - same injury that ended season in 2016