STATEWIDE - One of the highest honors a football player in Maine can achieve is to be named to USA Today's All-USA Maine team, and several North stars were recognized by the publication Thursday.
Skowhegan quarterback Marcus Christopher was honored as the offensive player of the year, on the heels of helping lead his team to a Class B North championship. He also was named to the offensive first team.
Among other honorees are MCI's Adam Bertrand, Christopher's teammate Jon Bell, Foxcroft's Nick Calwson, MDI's Colby Lee, and several others. The entire list can be found here.
STATEWIDE- The state's best senior football player is set to be named Jan. 14, and the semifinalists for the prestigious honor were named Wednesday night.
- Hampden man admits to Bangor credit union robbery
- Arrest made in Union Street shooting
- Couple in Maine to encourage animal adoptions
- Maine child to share diabetes experience with Congress
- Woman dies in weekend motorcycle crash
- Gideon to take on Collins in 2020
- GE Power marks 50 years in business
- New Middle Eastern restaurant opens
- Bangor church closes after 165 years
- Bangor Pride Week draws to a close
- Alzheimer's Association holds Longest Day fundraiser
- Tractor-trailer gets stuck on bridge
- UPDATE: Victim of fatal crash identified
- UPDATE: Stranded hikers rescued
- Homeowners displaced after fire
- Efforts to rescue two stranded hikers
- Trump to give Medal of Honor to former Army staff sergeant who rescued entire squad in Iraq
- South Bend police union slams Buttigieg over response to police shooting of black man
- Fred Fleitz: Trump knows his Iran strategy is working – Now the ball is in Tehran's court
- Dean McDermott recalls the time his son walked in on him and Tori Spelling having sex
- LongHorn Steakhouse's new Steak and Bourbon Ice Cream is worth trying, but it's pretty weird
- Congress scrambles to agree on emergency border bill as White House, liberal Dems clash
- New Jersey cold case includes ransom phone call that said 'your daughter's life is the buttered topping'
- Bangladeshi 'Tree Man' begs for hands to be amputated to relieve pain, report says
- How Martian microbes could survive in the salty puddles of the Red Planet
- Rep. Andy Biggs: Border crisis -- Congress must provide funds to respond to the emergency, not perpetuate it
- Heatwave to scorch Europe, France amid Women's World Cup as hot weather alerts triggered
- John Stamos breaks silence on Lori Loughlin being written out of 'Fuller House' Season 5
- Puppy abandoned on side of Mississippi road in armchair, animal control says
- 7-year fight for Lake Washington shoreline ends with Seattle paying $800G to property owners, turning lot into public park
- White House threatens veto on House border bill
- White House threatens veto on current House emergency aid bill
- Trump accuser says most people think of rape as being 'sexy' in interview
- ‘Cursed’ wedding ring found zip-tied to steelhead’s tail during fishing tournament
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- St. Louis Cardinals' Jordan Hicks, who has thrown some of the fastest pitches in MLB this season, tears UCL
- Warriors' Andre Iguodala on one team's free agency hopes: 'Nobody’s gonna sign with the Knicks, sorry'
- Brett Favre spikes any chance of football comeback: 'The last thing I want to do is come back and play'
- ‘Make it crappy’: Adam Eaton supports minor-league exploitation
- Why Cam Newton offered passenger $1,500 to switch seat on flight from Paris
- Florida Panthers draft pick had driver's test same day he was selected
- Christine Sinclair tributes pour in after Canada eliminated from Women's World Cup
- US women's soccer star Megan Rapinoe hypes match against France: 'I hope it's a total s--t show circus'
- Trump says US soccer star Megan Rapinoe's protest during national anthem is wrong
- Warriors GM to meet soon with Kevin Durant, Klay Thompson
- Tiger Woods no longer target of wrongful-death suit
- Sweden eases past Canada to reach Women's World Cup quarterfinals