It's time for yet another edition of "Jon's 3-Point Play!"
This week, Jon salutes a baseball Hall of Famer for getting his number retired. Find out which Red Sox great will get the honors this upcoming May.
Then, take a look at one of the hottest teams in Class B boys basketball, as the Orono Red Riots try to prove why they deserve to be talked about going forward.
And who will take home the 3-Point Play? Find out!
ORONO - University of Maine football defensive coordinator Joe Harasymiak has been named the next head coach of the program, the school announced via a press release Wednesday afternoon. He will resume the position of the retiring Jack Cosgrove, who announced his decision to step down as coach last month.
Harasymiak will become the 35th head coach in Black Bear football history. The school announced he has signed a new contract, a four-year deal valued at $150,000 per season. He had been named interim coach when Cosgrove decided to move into the associate athletic director role in November.
"I am pleased to introduce Joe Harasymiak as our next football coach at the University of Maine," Director of Athletics Karlton Creech said via the release. "We are delighted for his ability to continue the excellence of Black Bear football and are excited for the opportunity for him to make a lasting impact on the program."
The 29-year-old has been credited as the mastermind behind the "Black Hole" defense, one that ranked inside the Top 20 nationally. He served as defensive coordinator and linebackers coach for the past two seasons.
"I am extremely excited and honored to be chosen as the next head football coach here at the University of Maine," Harasymiak said in a separate release. "To think of all of the great head coaches who have come through here, and to be selected to be part of that group, is humbling. I can't wait to get started."
The Black Bears finished 3-8 this season, with all three wins coming in conference play. They struggled on the road however, picking up just one victory away from Alfond Stadium.
Creech told ABC 7 and FOX 22 last week he had hoped to have a new coach named before the holiday break next week. Harasymiak will officially take the position Jan. 1, 2016. Harasymiak was unavailable for direct comment, as he was on a recruiting trip.
- Lincoln Loon Festival returns
- Robbery suspect accused of witness tampering
- Lane closure on Main Street due to construction
- Hudson teen dies in crash
- Alleged credit union robber accused of tampering with witness
- Police suspect body found to be that of Augusta transient
- Maine's blueberry industry may get federal help
- Independence Day celebration stretches Acadia thin
- Stillwater Academy moving into former roller rink
- Grill fire spreads, destroys Parkman home
- Police investigating after body found in Augusta apartment
- Elderly woman killed in parking lot accident
- Attorney for accused murderer to ask state to drop charges
- Avenatti: Every 2020 candidate should go on record over indictments in hush-money case
- House chaplain prays to exorcise 'all spirits of darkness ... at play in the people’s House'
- Woman who wore contact lenses while showering, swimming nearly blinded in one eye from rare infection
- Cash-strapped Illinois counties using collection agency to badger drivers over unpaid traffic tickets
- Stephen Colbert mocks Eric Trump's physical appearance in harsh monologue
- DHS chief decries 'child recycling' at border, recalls migrant who ‘bought’ infant for $80 to exploit loopholes
- President of flight attendants union likens cramped airplane seating to a 'torture chamber'
- Meghan McCain tells Ivanka and Jared to speak up after Trump rally: 'Where are you?'
- Cambodia to return 1,600 tons of waste back to the US, Canada
- AOC, Ilhan Omar accuse Trump of 'spewing fascist ideology' after rally
- 12 Israeli teenagers held in Cyprus over alleged rape of British woman
- Video game cheaters get a taste of their own medicine
- Tom Del Beccaro: How health care can make Republicans winners in 2020
- YouTube star's death prompts Amazon to push for e-scooter safety warnings in UK
- Origins of Michael Cohen probe unsealed: Court files reveal what led to FBI raids
- Chef fired for pouring 'boiling' butter down coworker's pants 'for a crack and a laugh'
- 'Fox & Friends' hosts on Trump's North Carolina rally: 2020 race is becoming Trump vs. The Squad
- Retired NYC firefighter becomes 199th to die from 9/11-related illness
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Man who allegedly stole Super Bowl champion's rings stopped with help from 'Pawn Stars' shop
- Oklahoma City Thunder officials receive threatening voicemail after Paul George trade, police say
- US Open plans to bend rules to make sure they get Coco Gauff
- Ex-UFC fighter Abel 'Killa' Trujillo charged with sexual exploitation of child: reports
- Baker Mayfield's annoying Instagram habit courted future wife
- Baker Mayfield trashes New York Giants fans in defense of Odell Beckham Jr
- Dwight Howard opens up about Kobe Bryant calling him 'soft': 'I hated him for that moment'
- MLB players call on Puerto Rico governor to resign over leaked text messages
- Golden State Warriors coach Steve Kerr says 'GOP has sold its soul to Trump'
- Los Angeles Galaxy star Zlatan Ibrahimovic knows exactly what's not at Area 51
- David Price, Dennis Eckersley feud reignites after plane incident resurfaces
- Angels pitcher Noe Ramirez suspended for 3 games