STATEWIDE - One of the highest honors a football player in Maine can achieve is to be named to USA Today's All-USA Maine team, and several North stars were recognized by the publication Thursday.
Skowhegan quarterback Marcus Christopher was honored as the offensive player of the year, on the heels of helping lead his team to a Class B North championship. He also was named to the offensive first team.
Among other honorees are MCI's Adam Bertrand, Christopher's teammate Jon Bell, Foxcroft's Nick Calwson, MDI's Colby Lee, and several others. The entire list can be found here.
STATEWIDE - With the high school football season officially coming to a close Thursday, it's time to reflect.
- Man to skydive for good cause
- Bangor Police investigating "suspicious" incident
- Man seriously hurt in motorcycle crash
- Bangor Drive-In opens for the season
- Warden offers water safety tips ahead of holiday weekend
- Jury sides with Augusta officer in excessive force lawsuit
- Teens safe after early morning crash on I95
- Fire leaves Lincoln family homeless
- Grand jury indicts man for allegedly beating infant son
- BREAKING: Jalique Keene found guilty of murder, rape of Bar Harbor teen
- Fire officials give grilling safety pointers
- 8th annual Miles for Mills 5K set for Monday
- Bangor Savings gives humane society $25K boost
- DAV's Forget-Me-Not fundraiser
- Former camper creates Bangor YMCA camp scholarships
- Hospital offering Stop the Bleed classes
- UMS board OKs $6.5 million hike in student aid
- Maine fine-tuning recreational marijuana retail rules
- Trump, in Japan, meets Emperor Naruhito ahead of news conference with Abe
- Baby girl found in Michigan motel room with her dead parents, investigators say
- NYU political science professor blasted for tweeting fake Trump quote, calling it 'plausible'
- French police hunt man who planted explosive device in Lyon, release surveillance photos
- Arkansas community braces for flooding impact on Memorial Day weekend: 'Keep everybody in your prayers'
- Brazil: Prison riot in Amazonas state leaves at least 8 dead
- Marine Le Pen's National Rally party wins France elections for European Parliament, Greens surge in Germany: polls
- Christen Limbaugh Bloom: How being vulnerable can actually be fun (no, really)
- 'Game of Thrones' critics petition Benioff and Weiss not to ruin 'Star Wars' franchise
- 'Aladdin' soars at the box office, 'Booksmart' flops for Memorial Day weekend
- Flour recalled after 17 people in 8 states sickened with E. coli, CDC says
- VP Pence tells West Point grads it's a 'virtual certainty' they will fight on a battlefield for America
- Belgium's national election split along linguistic lines
- Liz Cheney: Strzok-Page texts sound ‘like a coup,’ could be ‘treason’
- Hawaii woman found alive after missing for 2 weeks says time in forest was 'toughest,' but 'I chose life'
- State prosecutors struggle with human trafficking cases
- Germany's Social Democrats head for a pasting in Bremen vote
- Mel B slams fellow Spice Girls Geri Horner and Victoria Beckham, talks Eddie Murphy split and Zac Efron hookup
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Retired soccer star Abby Wambach to be inducted into Hall of Fame: 'It means that I'm officially a has-been'
- US women's soccer team caps off send-off series with 3-0 win over Mexico
- Leonard scores 27, Raptors advance to first NBA Finals
- NBA's Jeremy Lin stopped from boarding team bus by Bucks security guard demanding pass
- Former Baylor head coach Art Briles hired by Texas high school
- Texas softball pitcher ‘doing well’ after ball hits her in face: reports
- Obama surprises kids at Washington Nationals academy: 'You're going to make a real difference'
- Lance Armstrong says he 'wouldn't change a thing' about doping scandal that cost him 7 Tour de France titles
- Olympian soccer player found dead in Colombia days after being reported missing
- Mallory Edens, daughter of Milwaukee Bucks co-owner, trolls Drake with shirt; rapper fires back
- Lillard, Kemba, LeBron among noteworthy All-NBA picks
- Arbitrator upholds Voynov suspension but says he served half