- Category: Uncategorised
- Created on Wednesday, 11 October 2017 15:24
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 76357
FOX Network broadcasts two audio channels. One designated "ENGLISH" and one designed "SPANISH" on viewers digital TV's. On selected FOX network programming, such as Major League Baseball, NASCAR, NFL On FOX, COPS, America's Most Wanted specials, and certain movies, on the Spanish channel FOX will replace the English audio that is heard on the ENGLISH main channel with either Spanish language or a new thing the FCC calls "Audio Description" where a narrators voice will describe in short phrases what is happening on the screen for those viewers who are visually impaired.
Homer: YOU LITTLE ….!!!!!
Bart: (Choking sound)
Narrator: Homer chokes Bart.
This sometimes confuses viewers who mistakenly think the TV station has gone crazy or has been taken over. In reality there is no issue with the broadcast. You may only experience this on WFVX or it just started with the current program or it is only during the race (ballgame, movie, etc.) and all the commercials are fine. This confirms there is nothing wrong with the broadcast.
The problem is the viewer has accidentally or maybe on purpose, changed the audio channel from ENGLISH to SPANISH and doesn't realize it. Most of the time, English will be broadcast on the SPANISH channel when there is no programming providing Spanish audio so most viewers never realize they are on the incorrect audio channel until a program with Spanish or Audio Description is broadcast. It is very easy to correct. Only the viewer can fix this. The TV station has no way to correct the issue.
And here is how you do it.
On a viewer's remote control there may be wording something like MTS or SAP or AUDIO or SPANISH. By pushing the appropriate button will normally cycle through the choices until the correct setting is found. For viewers who do not have a remote control or their remote control does not list any audio settings, the viewer will need to go into the digital TV or converter box MENU and look for AUDIO. In those settings will list the audio channels available and can be changed there. The settings can be changed when English is being broadcast. Watch for the current setting displayed on your TV screen to see which audio channel is active.
Performing this task will change the audio setting from the SPANISH audio channel back to the ENGLISH audio channel.
- Instagram user calls out Oprah for not paying off students’ debt after speech, Queen of Talk responds
- After raid, San Francisco reporter seeks return of property
- Judge says parents can use frozen sperm of their deceased West Point cadet son
- Migrants dropped off at bus stations in Southern California amid swelling border detentions: report
- Gaetz says 'most compelling' evidence in the Trump-Russia probe could be days away
- Ohio middle school students under investigation for allegedly putting bodily fluids in teacher’s crepes
- Trump jokes that he'll serve 5 terms at Pennsylvania rally
- Japan wrestling with Trump going to sumo during state visit
- Hannity: Secret FBI transcripts from Russia probe 'must be made available'
- Justin Amash GOP primary challenger: 'Completely ridiculous' to consider Trump's impeachment
- San Francisco homeless, drug problems won't be 'solved by government', Larry Elder says
- Former acting ICE director slams Gillibrand over immigration stance
- The Latest: Tornadoes give way to heavy rain in Oklahoma
- House Judiciary Chairman Nadler: Trump is making it 'more difficult' not to consider impeachment
- Chicago-area hospital's role in baby-cutting case questioned
- Robert De Niro's Trump insults making him 'more insane' than 'Taxi Driver' character: Mark Steyn
- F1 champion and aviation entrepreneur Niki Lauda dies at 70
- UN chief: Somalia making progress but must tackle extremism
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Warriors defeat Blazers 119-117 in OT, heading to fifth straight NBA finals
- Niki Lauda, F1 champion, aviation entrepreneur, dead at 70
- New York Mets already-injured slugger Yoenis Céspedes breaks ankle after fall at ranch
- Ex-Pro Bowler Kellen Winslow Jr. 'took what he wanted,' says prosecutor in rape case
- Two-time Indy 500 winner Al Unser Jr. arrested on OWI charge
- Dallas Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott detained at Las Vegas music festival after altercation: report
- Soccer referee dies after collapsing at match in Bolivia
- Magic Johnson accuses Los Angeles Lakers GM Rob Pelinka of betrayal weeks after resigning
- Former Pro Bowl offensive lineman says vandals ruined thousands of cherry trees at orchard
- Tim Tebow hits first Triple-A home run following early season struggles
- Browns running back Kareem Hunt turns to religion after assault video, baptized at Cleveland church
- Tom Brady left 'very confused' over strange 'millennial thing' tweet