- Category: Uncategorised
- Created on Wednesday, 11 October 2017 15:24
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 80826
FOX Network broadcasts two audio channels. One designated "ENGLISH" and one designed "SPANISH" on viewers digital TV's. On selected FOX network programming, such as Major League Baseball, NASCAR, NFL On FOX, COPS, America's Most Wanted specials, and certain movies, on the Spanish channel FOX will replace the English audio that is heard on the ENGLISH main channel with either Spanish language or a new thing the FCC calls "Audio Description" where a narrators voice will describe in short phrases what is happening on the screen for those viewers who are visually impaired.
Homer: YOU LITTLE ….!!!!!
Bart: (Choking sound)
Narrator: Homer chokes Bart.
This sometimes confuses viewers who mistakenly think the TV station has gone crazy or has been taken over. In reality there is no issue with the broadcast. You may only experience this on WFVX or it just started with the current program or it is only during the race (ballgame, movie, etc.) and all the commercials are fine. This confirms there is nothing wrong with the broadcast.
The problem is the viewer has accidentally or maybe on purpose, changed the audio channel from ENGLISH to SPANISH and doesn't realize it. Most of the time, English will be broadcast on the SPANISH channel when there is no programming providing Spanish audio so most viewers never realize they are on the incorrect audio channel until a program with Spanish or Audio Description is broadcast. It is very easy to correct. Only the viewer can fix this. The TV station has no way to correct the issue.
And here is how you do it.
On a viewer's remote control there may be wording something like MTS or SAP or AUDIO or SPANISH. By pushing the appropriate button will normally cycle through the choices until the correct setting is found. For viewers who do not have a remote control or their remote control does not list any audio settings, the viewer will need to go into the digital TV or converter box MENU and look for AUDIO. In those settings will list the audio channels available and can be changed there. The settings can be changed when English is being broadcast. Watch for the current setting displayed on your TV screen to see which audio channel is active.
Performing this task will change the audio setting from the SPANISH audio channel back to the ENGLISH audio channel.
- Omar introduces resolution defending boycott of Israel, likens it to boycotts of Nazi Germany, Soviet Union
- Will Omar and Tlaib get OK to visit Israel? It may be all up to Netanyahu
- Bernie Sanders says his $40 trillion Medicare-for-all plan would help US save money
- Victor Davis Hanson: America does not have be perfect to be good (despite what radical progressives tell us)
- Siblings who claimed income taxes 'against God's will' ordered to pay $1.4 million
- Miley Cyrus twerks, takes the FaceApp challenge and sees 'them aliens' in Twitter posts
- At least 12 believed dead, 35 injured in arson at Japanese film studio
- DNA from cigarette butts links man to 12-year-old's kidnapping, sexual assault: prosecutors
- Harris stands by debate attacks against Biden: We have to 'remember our history'
- LAPD officer linked to two separate rape cases by DNA 'cold match': police
- Airline deletes tweet about where to sit on plane to best survive crash
- Famed Crystal Cathedral reopens as Roman Catholic church after $72M renovation
- Creator of 'Storm Area 51' comes forward after satirical Facebook page takes off
- 6-year-old girl killed in freak golf course accident
- Florida dad threw son, 5, into ocean to ‘teach him to swim’: cops
- Thousands of Puerto Ricans gather to demand governor's resignation
- Trump hosts victims of religious persecution at White House
- 'Send her back' chant at Trump rally prompts outcry; Omar responds
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Pumpsie Green, first black player on Boston Red Sox, dies at 85
- Former Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens was among those who watched Babe Ruth call his shot
- Arizona Cardinals cut lineman Desmond Harrison after warrant reportedly issued for his arrest
- Chicago Bears' Cordarrelle Patterson has interesting thoughts on being a Super Bowl champion
- World Cup champ Allie Long receives new key to New York City after first one was stolen
- Naomi Osaka on driving force behind her will to succeed: 'Be the best or I'm going to be homeless'
- Kirk Gibson apologized to Dennis Eckersley over celebrating iconic World Series home run, ex-broadcaster says
- Baseball team's coach, 6, dresses down umpire after controversial out
- Mike Tyson says Anthony Joshua has to get his mind right before title rematch with Andy Ruiz Jr
- Brooks Koepka snubbed Tiger Woods who asked about practice round before the Open Championship
- Dwight Howard opens up about sexuality, drama surrounding man's lawsuit against him
- Former AL Cy Young winner tossed from Atlantic League game for outburst over robo ump's strike zone