- Category: Uncategorised
- Created on Wednesday, 11 October 2017 15:24
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 78467
FOX Network broadcasts two audio channels. One designated "ENGLISH" and one designed "SPANISH" on viewers digital TV's. On selected FOX network programming, such as Major League Baseball, NASCAR, NFL On FOX, COPS, America's Most Wanted specials, and certain movies, on the Spanish channel FOX will replace the English audio that is heard on the ENGLISH main channel with either Spanish language or a new thing the FCC calls "Audio Description" where a narrators voice will describe in short phrases what is happening on the screen for those viewers who are visually impaired.
Homer: YOU LITTLE ….!!!!!
Bart: (Choking sound)
Narrator: Homer chokes Bart.
This sometimes confuses viewers who mistakenly think the TV station has gone crazy or has been taken over. In reality there is no issue with the broadcast. You may only experience this on WFVX or it just started with the current program or it is only during the race (ballgame, movie, etc.) and all the commercials are fine. This confirms there is nothing wrong with the broadcast.
The problem is the viewer has accidentally or maybe on purpose, changed the audio channel from ENGLISH to SPANISH and doesn't realize it. Most of the time, English will be broadcast on the SPANISH channel when there is no programming providing Spanish audio so most viewers never realize they are on the incorrect audio channel until a program with Spanish or Audio Description is broadcast. It is very easy to correct. Only the viewer can fix this. The TV station has no way to correct the issue.
And here is how you do it.
On a viewer's remote control there may be wording something like MTS or SAP or AUDIO or SPANISH. By pushing the appropriate button will normally cycle through the choices until the correct setting is found. For viewers who do not have a remote control or their remote control does not list any audio settings, the viewer will need to go into the digital TV or converter box MENU and look for AUDIO. In those settings will list the audio channels available and can be changed there. The settings can be changed when English is being broadcast. Watch for the current setting displayed on your TV screen to see which audio channel is active.
Performing this task will change the audio setting from the SPANISH audio channel back to the ENGLISH audio channel.
- Dozens of 'Parrotheads' reportedly sickened during trip to Dominican Republic
- Rep. Doug Collins: Robert Mueller's Russia investigation based on 'false premises'
- Climate talks held as Arctic ice melts, concerns grow
- Standoff escalates between Trump administration, Turkey over deal with Russia
- Andrew Stein: Joe Biden stands for nothing except Joe Biden (and that ought to make Dems nervous)
- Michael Avenatti labels Alyssa Milano a 'disgusting hypocrite' after tweet about his November arrest
- Lawyers ask board to spare condemned Georgia man's life
- 'All That' alum Danny Tamberelli welcomes first child
- EU to wait for official report on Iranian compliance
- Sentencing for pastor convicted of sex charges rescheduled
- Chris Matthews: Many pro-life voters feel Democrats 'look down' on them
- Bodies of woman and her son, 3, found in remote Oregon after boy’s father arrested on murder charges
- Did Van Gogh shoot himself? Auction of pistol reignites debate.
- Newt Gingrich: Hong Kong democracy protests are a critically consequential moment that matters to all of us
- Trump supporters already lining up for campaign kickoff more than 40 hours before rally
- Harvard rescinds offer to Kyle Kashuv, pro-Second Amendment Parkland survivor, due to past tweets, he says
- Disneyland makes controversial change to classic attraction: 'I am livid!'
- New York man punches MTA worker in face in subway attack caught-on-video, police say
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Kawhi Leonard urged to stay with Toronto Raptors during team's championship parade
- Baltimore Ravens' Michael Pierce owns up to poor conditioning after being booted from practice
- Tyson Fury shows off incredible head movement during Tom Schwarz fight
- Gary Woodland channeled young golfer's 'positive energy' en route to US Open victory
- LeBron James leads Los Angeles Lakers' reactions to reported Anthony Davis trade
- College wrestling star, teammate arrested on suspicion of criminal sexual conduct
- Chicago Cubs' Theo Epstein optimistic Ben Zobrist will return amid divorce
- Julie Ertz's husband, Philadelphia Eagles' Zach Ertz, celebrates wife's first Women's World Cup goal
- Kansas City Chiefs star Travis Kelce opens about Kareem Hunt release: 'It ripped our hearts out'
- David Ortiz's doctors describe life-saving surgery: 'The injuries he had were lethal'
- Toronto Raptors urged by mayor to visit Ottawa over Washington: 'Forget the White House'
- LaVar Ball vows Lakers will 'never win another championship' after team reportedly trades his son