- Category: Uncategorised
- Created on Wednesday, 11 October 2017 15:24
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 38468
FOX Network broadcasts two audio channels. One designated "ENGLISH" and one designed "SPANISH" on viewers digital TV's. On selected FOX network programming, such as Major League Baseball, NASCAR, NFL On FOX, COPS, America's Most Wanted specials, and certain movies, on the Spanish channel FOX will replace the English audio that is heard on the ENGLISH main channel with either Spanish language or a new thing the FCC calls "Audio Description" where a narrators voice will describe in short phrases what is happening on the screen for those viewers who are visually impaired.
Homer: YOU LITTLE ….!!!!!
Bart: (Choking sound)
Narrator: Homer chokes Bart.
This sometimes confuses viewers who mistakenly think the TV station has gone crazy or has been taken over. In reality there is no issue with the broadcast. You may only experience this on WFVX or it just started with the current program or it is only during the race (ballgame, movie, etc.) and all the commercials are fine. This confirms there is nothing wrong with the broadcast.
The problem is the viewer has accidentally or maybe on purpose, changed the audio channel from ENGLISH to SPANISH and doesn't realize it. Most of the time, English will be broadcast on the SPANISH channel when there is no programming providing Spanish audio so most viewers never realize they are on the incorrect audio channel until a program with Spanish or Audio Description is broadcast. It is very easy to correct. Only the viewer can fix this. The TV station has no way to correct the issue.
And here is how you do it.
On a viewer's remote control there may be wording something like MTS or SAP or AUDIO or SPANISH. By pushing the appropriate button will normally cycle through the choices until the correct setting is found. For viewers who do not have a remote control or their remote control does not list any audio settings, the viewer will need to go into the digital TV or converter box MENU and look for AUDIO. In those settings will list the audio channels available and can be changed there. The settings can be changed when English is being broadcast. Watch for the current setting displayed on your TV screen to see which audio channel is active.
Performing this task will change the audio setting from the SPANISH audio channel back to the ENGLISH audio channel.
- Kristen Wiig reportedly in early talks for 'Wonder Woman 2' villain role
- 'American Chopper' star sued for fraud after allegedly sabotaging a TV project
- KFC runs out of gravy a week after running out of chicken
- Pete Hegseth on why veterans aren’t pleased with budget deal
- Lewandowski on the spending bill: This can't happen again
- Stormy Daniels' lawyer fires 'warning shot' with mysterious DVD he says 'contains evidence'
- 2nd alleged sexual assault victim of ex-Mormon leader
- James Woolsey reacts to McCabe's Washington Post editorial
- Texas murder suspect accused in 3 attacks on elderly women
- The Five - Friday, March 23
- White House staffers on edge as Trump eyes another shake-up
- Kansas water park and ex-exec facing 'involuntary manslaughter' charge over boy's decapitation
- Whatever happened to doctor critical to Bin Laden's capture?
- China's 'unity of thought' plan tightens party control over state-run media
- Wall Street stumbles to worst week in two years
- The Latest:Grand jury: Kansas waterslide was "deadly weapon"
- 2 indicted in shooting death of postal worker on expressway
- West Virginia woman convicted in Maryland man's forest death
- George Clooney Writes Letter To Parkland Students: 'You Make Me Proud Of My Country Again'
- 'The Handmaid's Tale' Samira Wiley To Be Honored At GLAAD Media Awards In NYC
- Taylor Swift Supports March For Our Lives With Emotional Instagram Post
- Stanley Tucci and Felicity Blunt Have Baby No. 2 On The Way
- Did Meghan Markle Just Drop A Royal Baby Bombshell?
- Will Smith and Jimmy Fallon Bust Out History Of Sitcom Themes With A Hilarious Mashup
- Danielle Fishel Is Getting Married And Nobody Is More Excited Than Her
- Drew Barrymore Carries 'I Heart Jake Gyllenhaal' Sign After Ranking Him Least Talented
- Cardi B Goes On Expletive-Filled Rant Over Taxes: 'Uncle Sam, Where's My F**king Tax Money?'
- NYC Firefighter Killed In Huge Fire On Set Of Edward Norton Movie
- Bill Hader Says Justin Bieber Was The Worst Musical Guest He Saw In 'SNL' History
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Are Red Carpet Perfection On NYC Date Night
- NFL star Michael Bennett indicted over injury to paraplegic woman at Super Bowl 51
- Renowned jockey dies after falling off horse headfirst during race
- Ex-MLB pitcher who fractured hand punching naked man on LSD gets millions
- College football player with 'huge heart' dies in Mexico while on spring break, months before graduation
- NFL player Zay Jones back home after arrest for bloody, naked brawl with brother in LA
- Fired Atlanta Hawks worker sues, claims discrimination against white employees
- NHL star Erik Karlsson and wife lose son a month before due date
- Ex-Mavericks employee slams owner Mark Cuban due to alleged sexual misconduct in organization
- NBA's Kyle Korver takes leave after death of brother, 27
- 100-year-old runner, a World War II vet, sets 5 new world track records
- Aaron Hernandez struggled with being gay, ex-girlfriend says
- PGA security high ahead of Austin tournament amid bomb attacks