Philadelphia, PA (SportsNetwork.com) - PGA TOUR - CROWNE PLAZA INVITATIONAL AT COLONIAL, Colonial Country Club, Fort Worth, Texas -- The PGA Tour remains in Texas this week for the Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial.
- Created on Monday, 19 May 2014 15:44
Last year, Boo Weekley used four birdies in a six-hole span in the final round to storm to a 1-stroke victory.
Weekley was three strokes behind leader Scott Stallings after seven holes before knocking in a short birdie putt at the eighth, then followed with an 18-footer for birdie at the ninth to get within one at 12-under.
As Stallings tripped to a double-bogey at the 15th, Weekley birdied the 10th to claim a 2-stroke lead and added another gain at the 13th. He would par his final five holes to hang on for the victory and collect his third career win on the PGA Tour.
Weekley returns to defend his title against a field that includes 10 of the top 25 players in the world.
Among that group is newly-crowned world No. 1 Adam Scott, who will make his first appearance as the top-ranked player in the world.
Each of the past five Colonial winners have come from behind on the final day to claim the title.
Golf Channel will have full television coverage the first two days and early action on the weekend before handing off to NBC.
The PGA Tour travels to Ohio next week for the Memorial, where Matt Kuchar collected his sixth career PGA Tour win and second victory of the season last year.
BMW PGA CHAMPIONSHIP, Wentworth Club, Surrey, England -- The European Tour moves to England this week for the flagship event on tour, the BMW PGA Championship.
Matteo Manassero birdied the fourth playoff hole last year to top Simon Khan and Marc Warren, earning his fourth career win in the process.
With the victory, Manassero became the youngest winner of the event at 20 years old.
Warren was eliminated from the playoff on the first extra hole following an errant drive and then a water hazard. Manassero and Khan would both birdie the hole to move on, and traded pars at the second playoff and birdies at the third.
Khan then found the same stream as Warren in the fourth extra hole and Manassero took advantage by finding the green with his approach and 2-putting for the win.
This year's event will be the 60th anniversary of the tournament and will see 10 major winners in the field, including the PGA Tour's Players Championship winner Martin Kaymer.
Also in the field will be all but one of Europe's victorious 2012 Ryder Cup team. The only player who will not be participating is Graeme McDowell, who will remain home to be with his pregnant wife.
Along with Manassero, other former winners in the field will be Miguel Angel Jimenez, Luke Donald, Simon Khan, David Howell, Scott Drummond and Jose Maria Olazabal.
Golf Channel will have coverage of all four rounds.
The European Tour heads to Sweden next week for the Nordea Masters, which Mikko Ilonen won last year for the second time.
AIRBUS LPGA CLASSIC, Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail at Magnolia Grove, Mobile, Alabama -- The LPGA Tour travels to Alabama this week for the Airbus LPGA Classic.
Last year, Jennifer Johnson collected her first career victory at a record- setting 21-under-par 267. Her mark bested the previous record by four strokes.
Johnson came from behind to win that title with a 7-under 65 in the final round, topping Pornanong Phatlum and Jessica Korda by a shot.
Johnson, Phatlum and Korda will all return this year and will compete against a field that also includes former winners Stacy Lewis (2012), Se Ri Pak (2010) and Angela Stanford (2008).
Also playing this week will be 2014 winners Michelle Wie, Paula Creamer, Lexi Thompson, Karrie Webb and Anna Nordqvist.
Golf Channel will have tape-delayed coverage of the first two rounds before carrying live action on the weekend.
The tour moves north to New Jersey next week for the Mobile Bay LPGA Classic, where Webb battled windy conditions to earn her 39th career victory and snap a two-year winless streak.
SENIOR PGA CHAMPIONSHIP, The Golf Club at Harbor Shores, Benton Harbor, Michigan -- The Champions Tour shifts to Michigan this week for its second straight major, the Senior PGA Championship.
Kohki Idoki came from relative obscurity, and five shots back, at this event last year to win in just his second career Champions Tour start.
The Japan native carded a 6-under 65 during the final round to best Kenny Perry and Jay Haas by two strokes.
Idoki returns this year and will try to derail Perry's bid to win a fourth straight major.
Perry won the Regions Tradition last week to go along with wins at the Senior Players Championship and U.S. Senior Open last year.
The 75th staging of the event will also include Bernhard Langer, Colin Montgomery, Mark Calcavecchia and Steve Elkington.
Golf Channel will have television coverage of the first two days and early on Saturday before handing off to NBC for the remainder of the tournament.
The Champions Tour moves to Iowa next week for the Principal Charity Classic. Russ Cochran claimed that title last year for his fourth Champions Tour victory.
REX HOSPITAL OPEN, Midland Country Club, Midland Texas -- The Web.com travels to Texas this week for the Rex Hospital Open at Midland Country Club.
Last year, Chesson Hadley birdied five of his last eight holes to rally for a 2-stroke victory over Danny Lee.
Chesson Hadley has since moved on to the PGA Tour, so he will not return to defend his title.
Previous winners this season Alex Cejka, Adam Hadwin, Jon Curran, Carlos Ortiz, Kris Blanks, Andrew Putnam and Max Homa will be on hand. The only 2014 winner not competing is Blayne Barber.
Ortiz is seeking an immediate promotion to the PGA Tour with his third win of the season.
There will be no coverage of this event.
The Web.com Tour will have next week off before returning for the Cleveland Open, which is a new event.
- A new sandwhich shop opens its doors in Brewer!
- Joe Baldacci drops out of 2nd District race
- Maine Couple told to stop selling diet pills
- Habitat for Humanity is looking for some help from the community to give a family a home
- Penobscot Theatre February vacation camp includes new themed activities
- Police are looking for a man they say fled from a car crash
- Beware tax scams, IRS will not contact you by phone or email
- Report shows tax dollars being misused
- The Bangor Humane Society is inviting kids in the area to come make crafts
- Warmer weather is affecting events in Greenville
- Opening day of National Toboggan Races cancelled
- More limitations being placed on scallop fishermen
- The Coast Guard aided a disabled 65 foot fishing boat
- Suspicious fire in Oakland under investigation
- At least 2 killed, 100 others injured in Germany train collision
- At least 4 killed, 150 others injured in Germany train collision
- At least 8 killed, 150 others injured in Germany train collision
- Republican governors make possible last stand in NH primary as voting begins
- Republican governors eye strong showing in NH primary as voting begins
- Johnny Manziel's ex-girlfriend says QB's attack caused temporary hearing loss
- FBI says Clinton email investigation remains 'ongoing'
- Wife of ISIS leader charged in US in death of American hostage Kayla Mueller
- Hugh Jackman reveals fourth battle with skin cancer on Instagram, shares post-op photo
- Senate report: Illegal immigrants benefited from up to $750M in ObamaCare subsidies
- Pentagon confirms North Korea launched satellite into orbit
- CDC discovers new bacteria species that causes Lyme disease
- Casey Anthony launches her own photography business
- Pro-choice group cries foul over Doritos commercial 'Ultrasound'
- Bus bound for casino crashes on I-95 in Connecticut, dozens reported hurt
- Charter bus crashes on I-95 in Connecticut
- Charter bus crashes on I-95 in Connecticut, dozens reported hurt
- Porn actress drops lawsuit against Josh Duggar
- David Bowie, Beyonce both told Coldplay they hated their songs
- Why no one wanted 'The Notebook' role
- NFL star eyed in assault of off-duty cops in Philadelphia
- Cruise ship tossed in hurricane-force storm turning around, officials say
- How a cruise ship navigates a storm
- NYC cop on trial for deadly stairwell shooting breaks down on the stand
- Beyonce's Super Bowl Show Bringing Both Praise & Criticism
- Maroon 5 Thanks Taraji P. Henson For Mistaken Super Bowl Shout-Out
- Maroon 5 'Thanks' Taraji P. Henson After Mistaken Super Bowl Shout-Out
- Super Bowl Draws 111.9 Million Viewers, Down From Last Year
- 'The Good Wife' Bosses Talk Ending The Show, Spinoff Potential
- Gwyneth Paltrow Testifies In Stalking Trial, Says Man's Letters Were Upsetting
- Conan O'Brien Heading To Harvard To Give Talk
- 'Monsters, Inc.' & 'Big Hero 6' Screenwriter Daniel Gerson Dies At 49
- Flavor Flav Pleads No Contest To DUI Charge In Las Vegas
- Porn Actress Drops $500K Lawsuit Against Josh Duggar
- 'The Good Wife': CBS Announces Final Nine Episodes
- Beyonce Announces 2016 Tour
- Flavor Flav Due To Face Las Vegas Judge On Misdemeanor Case
- Here Come The Super Bowl 50 Ads
- 'Kung Fu Panda 3' Tops Weekend Box Office
- Alejandro Inarritu Wins AT DGA Awards For 'The Revenant'
- Beyonce Drops Surprise Single Ahead Of Super Bowl Halftime Performance With Coldplay
- Benedict Cumberbatch, Emma Watson Named Visiting Fellows At Oxford College
- James Corden Recreates Classic Super Bowl Ad With Cindy Crawford For 'Late Late Show'
- Cindy Crawford & James Corden Recreate Her Classic Super Bowl Ad For 'The Late Late Show'
- Michael B. Jordan Wins Big At NAACP Image Awards
- Iggy Azalea Dishes On Her Sophomore Album
- Bruno Mars Finally Confirms Super Bowl Performance
- Adele Might Not Like It, But Donald Trump Can Use Her Music
- Tom Brady boasts that he is not one of the best QBs ever
- Peyton Manning's mom explains why it's time for her son to retire
- Report: Off-duty cops hospitalized after alleged altercation involving LeSean McCoy
- Advanced stats will probably love Michigan in 2016
- Audi tearjerker, 'Puppymonkeybaby' among Super Bowl winners
- Offbeat humor and upbeat messages dominate Super Bowl ads
- Breaking news: NASCAR to announce new 'charter' system for teams
- 2nd-seeded Cilic and Dodig advance to 2nd round in Rotterdam
- Jordan Spieth honors Peyton Manning with classic forehead joke after Super Bowl win
- Mets give cap-tip to fellow runner-up Panthers after Super Bowl loss
- Cam Newton's authenticity is highly questionable
- 2016 New York Mets Preview & Fantasy Baseball Draft Prep
- All-Star Bobblehead Series among Marlins promotions in 2016
- Broncos offseason to-do list, starting with moving on from Manning
- Cam Newton's image took the biggest hit of all during the Super Bowl
- Dodgers' Pederson had a great view of Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show
- Paul George says he'll try to score 82 points in final game vs. Kobe
- From behind the lens at Super Bowl 50, Durant captures the other side
- DeMarcus Ware's son stole Deion Sanders' microphone after the Super Bowl
- Comfort wins: Stroman, Blue Jays watch Super Bowl 50 in onesies
- Parker to play with France despite wife's pregnancy
- Ronaldo open to leaving Real Madrid when contract expires
- Tyronn Lue on recent criticism: 'Look, they ridiculed Jesus Christ'
- Bryce Harper shared a laugh with Stephen Curry at Super Bowl 50