- Created on Friday, 07 December 2012 13:27
ANDY MURRAY plans to become more involved in the Davis Cup as he revelled in the atmosphere surrounding the Great Britain team ahead of their encounter with Luxembourg.
Murray will make his first appearance in the competition since September 2009 when he takes on Laurent Bram at Braehead Arena in Glasgow today.
The world No.4 pulled out of John Lloyd's last match in charge, a defeat by Lithuania.
But he has kept in touch with Leon Smith since his former mentor took over and will make his first appearance under the current captain in his third match in charge. The Dunblane ace - who crashed to a semi-final defeat against Rafa Nadal at Wimbledon last week - said: "I have enjoyed the last few days, it's nice being around all the guys, good fun. That's the best part about Davis Cup.
Refreshing "Whether it's the best thing for me or not (after Wimbledon), I have no idea, but I have had a good week so far.
"I have always enjoyed playing Davis Cup. It's a different atmosphere, a different experience and just a different build-up.
"I like that, it's refreshing. You spend the whole year on your own and now you have guys around you.
"I like playing for my country, always have done, and I've played well."
When asked about his future intentions, Murray said: "I think I'll play more, for sure.
"I enjoyed it when I played Davis Cup in the past. A few things happened in the past that I didn't enjoy towards the last few ties.
"Now I'm looking forward to it again. I'm sure I'll play more than I have done in the past few years."
Murray's presence has lifted the camp as Britain strive to set up a promotion play-off against Belarus or Hungary in September.
Captain Smith was keen to acknowledge the benefits of having his number one player available.
The Scot, who has guided Britain to victories over Turkey and Tunisia, said: "We do make a lot of Andy being in the team but it is a big deal and he brings so much.
Ropey "The way he works and the way he looks after his body just helps everyone see what one of the best players in the world is doing."
Jamie Murray also returns to Davis Cup action after ropey form saw him dropped.
He said: "It's going to be a great experience and the chance to play with Andy in Davis Cup is not something we have done before.
"So I'm looking forward to it. Almost as much as he is."
- Bangor Historical Society invites you to make Valentines
- Maine Discovery Museum host February vacation camp
- Maine Audubon is putting on exciting camps for students during February vacation
- Connecticut State Trooper has been shot and killed by a Maine man
- Maine corporation charged with growing marijuana is ordered to pay fine
- Cats abandoned at shelter over night
- Love and Zombies on Valentine's Day
- Belfast Bay Inn voted one of the most romantic
- Winter Beach Ball to be held in Bangor
- Two in Sanford arrested for heroin trafficking
- Portland stabbing happened after car accident
- A violent, vicious crime, 73 yr old raped at gunpoint
- School bus catches fire, all students evacuated without injury
- Sanders wins in NH, he finds out while shooting hoops
- Hampden officials say they are working hard to economic development
- Killer mom appeals murder sentence
- Governor withdraws nominess for Education Committee
- Trump, Kasich, Cruz, Rubio, Bush: What NH results mean to the still-alive five
- Federal government sues Ferguson, Missouri
- 2 deputies, suspect killed after shooting at Maryland Panera
- City workers in San Diego barred from uttering 'biased' term 'Founding Fathers'
- San Diego backs off ban of 'gender-biased' term 'Founding Fathers'
- Christie, Fiorina suspend 2016 campaigns
- Sanders aims to boost appeal among minority voters after NH win
- 'New low:' Group threatens San Fran with suit over $15G open-air urinal
- Deputies wounded, suspect killed after shooting at Maryland Panera
- Official: Top Clinton aides also handled ‘top secret’ intel on server
- Missouri boy, 3, found dead in frigid van
- Hawaii's big wave surf competition called off
- To Debbie Wasserman Schultz, from one Floridian to another, you lost in NH, too
- 'The View' hosts 'Feeling the Bern' after Bernie Sanders sit-down
- Johnny Depp stars as Donald Trump in hour-long 'Funny or Die' spoof
- Iranian TV anchor flees country, citing sexual harassment from her boss
- Missouri police hunt for boy, 3, as frigid weather grips search area
- 'Adventures of Tom Sawyer' Child Star Tommy Kelly dead at 90
- Michigan teen's 'promposal' to disabled best friend goes viral
- Emails appear to show how key Clinton aide manipulated media coverage
- Trump pushes back on newspaper attacks, says Christie should stay in race
- Body of 22-year-old found in Walmart lot may have been there for months
- Music publisher doesn't own 'Happy Birthday,' has to pay back $14 million
- The Sherp ATV is the life-size Tonka truck you've been craving since childhood
- Gwen Stefani Teaming With Target For Live Grammy Video
- Adele Announces Surprise Pre-Grammy Concert
- 'Arrow': Katrina Law Previews 'Epic' Fight, 'Beautiful' Nyssa/Laurel Scene
- Eagles Band Members To Honor Glenn Frey At Grammys
- Johnny Depp Stars As Donald Trump In Funny Or Die Spoof
- Medical Examiner Rules Michael Cavallari's Death Accidental
- 'Frozen' Musical To Make Broadway Debut In 2018
- DMX Has Recovered After Being Resuscitated By Police, Attorney Says
- Kelly Clarkson Releasing Children's Book Named For Daughter River Rose
- Megan Fox Is New 'New Girl,' Filling In For Zooey Deschanel
- Bryan Fuller Named Co-Creator, Showrunner Of CBS' 'Star Trek'
- Ken Watanabe Battling Stomach Cancer, Delays Broadway Return
- First 'Fuller House' Trailer Debuts: 'Damn, We All Still Look Good!'
- 'The Flash': Danielle Panabaker Talks Killer Frost, Deathstorm & Zoom
- Taylor Swift Leads iHeartRadio Award Nominations
- Michael Douglas Among Those Honored By AARP
- Beyonce's Super Bowl Show Bringing Both Praise & Criticism
- Maroon 5 Thanks Taraji P. Henson For Mistaken Super Bowl Shout-Out
- Maroon 5 'Thanks' Taraji P. Henson After Mistaken Super Bowl Shout-Out
- Super Bowl Draws 111.9 Million Viewers, Down From Last Year
- 'The Good Wife' Bosses Talk Ending The Show, Spinoff Potential
- Gwyneth Paltrow Testifies In Stalking Trial, Says Man's Letters Were Upsetting
- Conan O'Brien Heading To Harvard To Give Talk
- 'Monsters, Inc.' & 'Big Hero 6' Screenwriter Daniel Gerson Dies At 49
- Tom Brady boasts that he is not one of the best QBs ever
- Peyton Manning's mom explains why it's time for her son to retire
- Report: Off-duty cops hospitalized after alleged altercation involving LeSean McCoy
- Advanced stats will probably love Michigan in 2016
- Audi tearjerker, 'Puppymonkeybaby' among Super Bowl winners
- Offbeat humor and upbeat messages dominate Super Bowl ads
- Breaking news: NASCAR to announce new 'charter' system for teams
- 2nd-seeded Cilic and Dodig advance to 2nd round in Rotterdam
- Jordan Spieth honors Peyton Manning with classic forehead joke after Super Bowl win
- Mets give cap-tip to fellow runner-up Panthers after Super Bowl loss
- Cam Newton's authenticity is highly questionable
- 2016 New York Mets Preview & Fantasy Baseball Draft Prep
- All-Star Bobblehead Series among Marlins promotions in 2016
- Broncos offseason to-do list, starting with moving on from Manning
- Cam Newton's image took the biggest hit of all during the Super Bowl
- Dodgers' Pederson had a great view of Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show
- Paul George says he'll try to score 82 points in final game vs. Kobe
- From behind the lens at Super Bowl 50, Durant captures the other side
- DeMarcus Ware's son stole Deion Sanders' microphone after the Super Bowl
- Comfort wins: Stroman, Blue Jays watch Super Bowl 50 in onesies
- Parker to play with France despite wife's pregnancy
- Ronaldo open to leaving Real Madrid when contract expires
- Tyronn Lue on recent criticism: 'Look, they ridiculed Jesus Christ'
- Bryce Harper shared a laugh with Stephen Curry at Super Bowl 50