PRETORIA, South Africa (AP)
A judge in South Africa says Oscar Pistorius, who is charged with murdering his girlfriend, can leave South Africa to compete in international competition, with conditions.
MEDAL TO MURDER?
- Family: Pistorius 'not suicidal'
- Pistorius: I thought GF was intruder
- Pistorius seeks to resume training
- Pistorius' GF cremated at ceremony
- Pistorius hears murder charge in court
- Report: Bloody bombshell in case
- Gallery: Scene at the courtroom
- Couch: From thriller to killer?
- Steenkamp a model, law school grad
Judge Bert Bam says the Olympic and Paralympic athlete must provide authorities with his travel plans at least a week before he leaves the country. He must also return his passport to the court within 24 hours of returning to South Africa
Pistorius' lawyers said in the North Gauteng High Court on Thursday that he had no immediate plans to compete, but might eventually need to run at track meets again to earn money.