BANGOR - In a meeting of both baseball and softball teams, Bangor Christian and Stearns came away with a split. The Patriots earned a 6-3 victory in baseball, while the Lady Minutemen dominated en route to a 20-0 win. View highlights from both games here!
Bangor Christian and Stearns split in baseball and softballWritten by Matt Randall
Weekend Sports Anchor/Reporter
Matt Randall joined the ABC-7 and FOX Bangor news team in August 2015 as Weekend Sports Anchor and Reporter. A proud Midwesterner, he was born and raised in Indianapolis, IN and is excited to begin his career right here in Maine!
Matt graduated from Indiana University with a degree in Journalism in 2015, and his love for sports broadcasting grew through the several media outlets on campus. He hosted a sports talk show on WIUX, served as Sports Director and Anchor at IU NewsNet, and worked as a sideline reporter for IU Athletics through the Big Ten Network StudentU program in addition to multiple TV internships.
Matt's passion for sports is well-known among friends and family. Growing up in Indiana means basketball is king, but he also enjoys football, baseball and soccer. His favorite teams include the Pacers, his beloved Indiana Hoosiers, and yes, the Indianapolis Colts.
Matt is thrilled to be here in the Northeast, and looks forward to learning the sports that matter here in Maine! If you have suggestions for stories, things for Matt to enjoy in Maine, or just want to talk sports, feel free to contact him either by email at [email protected] or on Twitter at @mattrandall_
- Former Speaker of the House Mark Eves will have his day in court
- Legislator wants plan in place before possible prison closure
- Economic development plan
- Man accused of stealing from Waterville fundraiser indicted
- Waterville man indicted in connection with police standoff
- Bill would help curb "food shaming" in Maine schools
- Maine wardens warn of thin ice throughout state
- Legislation would help make rural roads a priority when considering upgrades
- Amazon nixes Maine
- "Tats and Dogs" was the theme at local tattoo parlor fundraiser
- Legislator asking for communication between agencies dealing with opioid crisis
- UPDATED: Three people rescued from Lond Pond on MDI
- Man arrested in connection with Aroostook County Death
- Late night sledding accident kills student
- Bandits take off with money, chips from Vegas casinos
- Passenger on Chicago train gets doused with chemicals, man arrested
- China secretly bought North Korean coal as US watched from above: report
- As clock winds down and protest flares, still no deal to avert shutdown
- Trump may dis NBC News, skip pre-Super Bowl interview
- Supreme Court announces it will rule on Trump's travel ban
- How Bill Gates' daughter lives: Instagram posts showcase spectacular globe-trotting lifestyle
- Why would Dems oppose release of surveillance abuse memo?
- Amb. Danon grateful Vice President Pence is coming to Israel
- Pennsylvania man with razor blade performed 'satanic ritual' on passed-out woman, police say
- Pennsylvania man performed 'satanic ritual' on passed-out woman, police say
- Supreme Court to rule on Trump travel ban
- Turkey faces balancing act amid border offensive in Syria
- Police rescue driver submerged in icy waters
- Tide Pod challenge: What is it?
- St. Paul's School says lawsuit settled in sex assault case
- Super Bowl host city ready for smartphone surge?
- Judge denies Dr. Nassar's request to end impact statements
- Katie Couric Will Co-Host The Opening Ceremony Of The 2018 Winter Olympics
- London Zoo Honors Prince Harry's Fiancee By Naming Newborn Okapi 'Meghan"
- Eric Church, Maren Morris and Brothers Osborne Will Perform Grammy Tribute For Route 91 Harvest Festival Victims
- Mila Kunis Named Woman Of The Year By Harvard University's Hasty Pudding Theatricals
- Shawn Mendes Adorably Congratulates Camila Cabello On Debut Album
- BTS Fanboys Over Ansel Elgort's New Song 'Supernova'
- Is Zayn Malik’s New Tattoo A Tribute To Girlfriend Gigi Hadid?
- Jamie-Lynn Sigler Welcomes Her Second Child With Husband Cutter Dykstra
- Timothee Chalamet To Donate Salary From Upcoming Woody Allen Film To Charity
- Dolores O'Riordan Death Is Not Being Treated As Suspicious According To British Police
- 49th NAACP Image Awards: All The Moments You May Have Missed
- 49th NAACP Image Awards: Complete List Of Winners
- Dolphins coach Adam Gase makes changes to staff, hires Dowell Loggains as offensive coordinator
- Patriots remaining quiet as they await Jaguars' challenges
- Magic erase 20-point deficit in 2nd half, come up just short against Cavaliers
- Lightning fall to Golden Knights in matchup of conference leaders
- Foles and Keenum square off after interwoven career paths
- Jaguars' Telvin Smith apologizes after $10,000 fine for taunting
- How can Jaguars beat Patriots? It's elementary
- Clippers win 6th in a row with victory over Nuggets
- Sanchez transfer to Man United 'likely to happen,' Wenger says
- GRAPHIC VIDEO: Chicago Bulls' Kris Dunn shatters teeth in face-first fall
- KeVaughn Allen scores season-high 28, Florida beats Arkansas 88-73
- Tom Brady injures throwing hand ahead of AFC Championship