- Category: Sports
- Created on Thursday, 27 December 2012 20:37
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 718
SAN DIEGO (AP)
Lache Seastrunk rushed 16 times for 138 yards and one score for Baylor, which outgained UCLA 494-362. The Bears came in leading the nation in total offense with 578.8 yards per game.
Florence completed 10 of 13 passes for 188 yards, giving him 4,309 for the season to break Robert Griffin III's school season record of 4,293 set in 2011.
Baylor's defense came up big, too. The Bears sacked Brett Hundley six times, including two by Chris McAllister, and shut down UCLA's career rushing leader Johnathan Franklin. Franklin, who averaged 130.8 yards this season, gained 12 yards on his first carry of the game but was a non-factor after that, finishing with just 34 yards on 14 carries.
Baylor (8-5) won its final four games and five of six. UCLA (9-5) lost its final three.
Hundley was 26 of 50 for 329 yards and three touchdowns to set UCLA's season passing record with 3,740 yards. The old record was 3,470 by Cade McNown in 1998.
UCLA punted four times and lost the ball on downs before getting a break when Baylor's Jordan Navjar fumbled after a reception when he was hit by Eric Kendricks, with Randal Goforth recovering at the Bears 21. Two plays later, Joseph Fauria caught a 22-yard pass from Hundley to pull the Bruins to 21-7.
Baylor quickly added two more touchdowns to put it out of reach at 35-7. Martin burst up the middle for his second touchdown run of the game, a 26-yarder, and, after UCLA punted yet again, Seastrunk broke free for a 43-yard touchdown run with 1:58 left before halftime.
UCLA then converted two fourth downs, including a fake punt, to move to the Baylor 12 with 7 seconds left. On fourth-and-10, coach Jim Mora opted to go for a field goal and Ka'imi Fairbairn converted from 30 yards.
Martin added a 1-yard TD run in the third quarter and Florence had a 1-yard scoring run in the fourth.
Martin had 98 yards on 21 carries.
Hundley threw a 24-yard touchdown pass to Shaq Evans early in the fourth quarter and a 34-yarder to Logan Sweet as the game ended.
- Bangor council writes letter of concern for ACA repeal, discusses success of CIC
- Meeting for dam re-licensing open to the public
- Hopkins Hearing on hold
- Two arrested on heroin charges in Hancock County
- Maine professors ask President Trump to pay attention to climate change
- A new art exhibit has opened in Bangor with a story hidden behind it
- Former President Bush expected to be discharged from ICU soon
- Senator Collins to introduce alternate to ACA with no gap in coverage for those who use current system
- Affordable Care Act to be discussed at Bangor council meeting
- Man dies after car plunges into river
- Two separate stabbing incidents in Portland under investigation
- One man dead and an officer injured after incident in Waldoboro
- Man caught with nearly four pounds of marijuana in car
- Body recovered in river in Bucksport
- Mainer attends inauguration, discusses protests
- Accident knocks down light pole
- Two two killed in two separate accidents
- Time change bill facing State House
- This is how to survive a plane crash, according to a flight attendant
- 11 unexpected places mold may be hiding in your home
- UK Supreme Court rules parliamentary approval needed before Brexit start
- EU-Canada trade deal clears big hurdle in EU parliament
- Manhunt underway for 2 suspects who allegedly shot at unmarked police cruiser
- BT shares plunge on cost of Italian accounting scandal
- Turkish president lands in Mozambique for talks
- Trump orders hiring freeze for much of Federal government
- Police in Sweden probe rape reportedly aired on Facebook
- Suspected murder of 20-year-old woman stuns Iceland
- US quietly sent $221M to Palestinians in Obama's last hours
- Texas Gov. Abbott tells sheriff she's playing 'dangerous game' over sanctuary policy
- Conway: Reporters covering Trump 'ought to think about what they're really doing'
- Robert Gates: Some of Trump's picks can be transformative
- Border Angels director: Trump immigration xenophobic, racist
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses while delivering State of the State speech
- Trump tells Congressional leaders 3-5 million 'illegals' cost him popular vote
- US pilots ask Trump to block Obama admin ruling they say would kill thousands of jobs
- 'Saturday Night Live' Writer Suspended Over Barron Trump Tweet
- Stephen Colbert To Host 2017 Emmys, Jokes He'll Bring 'Largest Audience' Ever
- Fox News Cuts Ties With Stacey Dash
- Alec Baldwin To Host 'Saturday Night Live' For Record-Setting 17th Time
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Official Title Revealed
- Matt Damon Says He'll Pitch President Trump On Clean Water
- 'Zoolander 2' & 'Batman V Superman' Lead Razzie Nominations
- 'Sister Wives': Supreme Court Won't Hear Appeal On Law Banning Polygamy
- Luke Bryan To Sing National Anthem At Super Bowl LI
- Paris Fashion Week Latest
- M. Night Shyamalan's 'Split' Tops The Box Office
- Alec Baldwin's Trump Wasn't On 'SNL,' But Mock-Putin Was
- Raptors will be without DeRozan against Spurs
- Surging Wizards host rival Celtics
- AP source: Colts leaving Anderson for new training camp site
- Jazz humming along with Nuggets up next
- Griffin expected to return for Clippers-76ers
- Broncos hire Toub's assistant to coach special teams
- Kadri scores twice to get to 20 goals; Leafs beat Flames 4-0
- Bengals apologize for Pacman Jones' behavior after arrest
- Marleau scores 4 goals in 3rd, Sharks beat Avalanche 5-2
- Getzlaf, Bernier lift Ducks over Jets 3-2
- Rieder scores in OT, Coyotes hand Panthers 4th straight loss
- Raiders hire John Pagano as defensive assistant