- Category: Sports
- Created on Thursday, 27 December 2012 20:37
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 678
SAN DIEGO (AP)
Lache Seastrunk rushed 16 times for 138 yards and one score for Baylor, which outgained UCLA 494-362. The Bears came in leading the nation in total offense with 578.8 yards per game.
Florence completed 10 of 13 passes for 188 yards, giving him 4,309 for the season to break Robert Griffin III's school season record of 4,293 set in 2011.
Baylor's defense came up big, too. The Bears sacked Brett Hundley six times, including two by Chris McAllister, and shut down UCLA's career rushing leader Johnathan Franklin. Franklin, who averaged 130.8 yards this season, gained 12 yards on his first carry of the game but was a non-factor after that, finishing with just 34 yards on 14 carries.
Baylor (8-5) won its final four games and five of six. UCLA (9-5) lost its final three.
Hundley was 26 of 50 for 329 yards and three touchdowns to set UCLA's season passing record with 3,740 yards. The old record was 3,470 by Cade McNown in 1998.
UCLA punted four times and lost the ball on downs before getting a break when Baylor's Jordan Navjar fumbled after a reception when he was hit by Eric Kendricks, with Randal Goforth recovering at the Bears 21. Two plays later, Joseph Fauria caught a 22-yard pass from Hundley to pull the Bruins to 21-7.
Baylor quickly added two more touchdowns to put it out of reach at 35-7. Martin burst up the middle for his second touchdown run of the game, a 26-yarder, and, after UCLA punted yet again, Seastrunk broke free for a 43-yard touchdown run with 1:58 left before halftime.
UCLA then converted two fourth downs, including a fake punt, to move to the Baylor 12 with 7 seconds left. On fourth-and-10, coach Jim Mora opted to go for a field goal and Ka'imi Fairbairn converted from 30 yards.
Martin added a 1-yard TD run in the third quarter and Florence had a 1-yard scoring run in the fourth.
Martin had 98 yards on 21 carries.
Hundley threw a 24-yard touchdown pass to Shaq Evans early in the fourth quarter and a 34-yarder to Logan Sweet as the game ended.
- Man from Wayne is accused of exposing himself to children in Augusta
- Lawmakers respond to voicemail Gov. LePage left for Democratic legislator
- New school unveiled that will serve all RSU 64 students K - 5
- American Folk Festival caters to sign language users
- Cruise ship season in Bar Harbor at its peak
- Herring shortage worsens that is affecting Maine lobstermen
- Governor in hot water over comments that he's kept binder of mug shots of drug dealers
- Sportsman's Alliance of Maine is not happy about National Monument decision
- Hampden man arrested on heroin charges
- 2nd Annual "Cruisin for CM & SM" to spread awareness of not so rare disease
- A woman who attempted to buy a couple of Happy Meals for some children isn't so happy today
- Man accused of severely beating his child is now out on bail
- Guilford celebrates 200 years
- FARC sets permanent cease-fire under Colombia peace deal
- Team Trump tries to define immigration policy by contrasting Clinton's plan
- Sheriff investigates after video shows 4-year-old boy being thrown off a bridge into a river
- Visitor misbehavior on display as US parks agency turns 100
- Ex-NFL player suffering from memory loss writes 'love letter' to family
- Widow of slain federal wildlife refuge occupier plans to sue
- At least 2 dead, dozens hurt after Louisiana flood volunteer bus strikes firetruck
- AP Explains: Brazil's president under impeachment trial
- Two friends from remote Canada discover they were switched at birth 41 years ago
- Wingsuit jumper live streams accidental death days after fellow daredevil dies
- Turkish president vows to 'destroy terrorists'
- Police sergeant who filmed himself taking pot is released
- Flight instructor dies in biplane crash at Oregon air show
- UK alert on treacherous beach ends as swimmer turns up safe
- Rivals Hamas, Fatah gear up for first election since 2006
- Man who shot NBA star Wade's cousin was on 'break' from ankle monitor, cops say
- Tropical depression forms, could drench North Carolina within days
- New passenger fee added at Qatar's international airport
- Which Celebs Could We See At Burning Man 2016?
- The Spice Girls Had A Mini Reunion & It Was Everything!
- Aly Raisman Gets Welcomed Home With 'Aly Raisman Day'
- 2016 MTV Video Music Awards: What To Expect
- Simone Biles & Her Sister Look Like Twins In New Pic
- Kim Kardashian's Tennis Outfit Is Unbelievable
- Rihanna To Open 2016 MTV VMA's
- 'Making A Murderer': Steven Avery's Attorney Seeks More Evidence Testing
- 'Little Women: LA's' Terra Jolé & Babyface Headed To 'Dancing With The Stars'
- Khloé Kardashian Shares Her Newest Fitness Secret & Calls Sister Kim Her 'Body Motivation'
- Billionaire Richard Branson Survives Bike Crash
- Britney Spears Gets Revealing In Carpool Karaoke Segment With James Corden
- Titans waive 11 to trim roster before Tuesday's NFL deadline
- Jets place wide receiver Devin Smith on PUP, cut 11 players
- Maine-Endwell wins Little League title game against South Korea
- Panthers cut WR Stephen Hill, 10 others
- Pieters takes 3rd European title with win in Denmark
- For retired US Open champ Flavia Pennetta, no regrets
- Bills sign QB Trainor as potential preseason finale fill in
- Mancini leads Endwell to Little League title game
- West Ham signs Italy forward Zaza on loan from Juventus
- Mladenovic, Garcia and Paire suspended by French tennis fed
- Mariota, Carr both sharp in Titans' 27-14 win over Raiders
- Fitz, Jets starters sluggish, score in 21-20 loss to Giants