- Category: Sports
- Created on Thursday, 27 December 2012 20:37
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 693
SAN DIEGO (AP)
Lache Seastrunk rushed 16 times for 138 yards and one score for Baylor, which outgained UCLA 494-362. The Bears came in leading the nation in total offense with 578.8 yards per game.
Florence completed 10 of 13 passes for 188 yards, giving him 4,309 for the season to break Robert Griffin III's school season record of 4,293 set in 2011.
Baylor's defense came up big, too. The Bears sacked Brett Hundley six times, including two by Chris McAllister, and shut down UCLA's career rushing leader Johnathan Franklin. Franklin, who averaged 130.8 yards this season, gained 12 yards on his first carry of the game but was a non-factor after that, finishing with just 34 yards on 14 carries.
Baylor (8-5) won its final four games and five of six. UCLA (9-5) lost its final three.
Hundley was 26 of 50 for 329 yards and three touchdowns to set UCLA's season passing record with 3,740 yards. The old record was 3,470 by Cade McNown in 1998.
UCLA punted four times and lost the ball on downs before getting a break when Baylor's Jordan Navjar fumbled after a reception when he was hit by Eric Kendricks, with Randal Goforth recovering at the Bears 21. Two plays later, Joseph Fauria caught a 22-yard pass from Hundley to pull the Bruins to 21-7.
Baylor quickly added two more touchdowns to put it out of reach at 35-7. Martin burst up the middle for his second touchdown run of the game, a 26-yarder, and, after UCLA punted yet again, Seastrunk broke free for a 43-yard touchdown run with 1:58 left before halftime.
UCLA then converted two fourth downs, including a fake punt, to move to the Baylor 12 with 7 seconds left. On fourth-and-10, coach Jim Mora opted to go for a field goal and Ka'imi Fairbairn converted from 30 yards.
Martin added a 1-yard TD run in the third quarter and Florence had a 1-yard scoring run in the fourth.
Martin had 98 yards on 21 carries.
Hundley threw a 24-yard touchdown pass to Shaq Evans early in the fourth quarter and a 34-yarder to Logan Sweet as the game ended.
- Arrest made in Sanford robbery case
- 2nd annual Bangor Uncorked attracts hundreds
- Scary drug circulating in Baileyville
- Man in jail after alleged sexual assault
- Trump supporters gather with flags and banners in Ellsworth
- Gold Star Mothers & Wreaths Across America sign formal memorandum
- Shredding sensitive documents and keeping sensitive info from others in Bangor
- Maine Credit Unions' ending hunger walk is raising awareness for hunger in Maine
- Maine drought continues and spreads
- Beal College is celebrating 125th Anniversary
- Husson unveils "College of Science and Humanities"
- Accident in Northern Maine injures four teenagers
- Police asking for help is locating missing Lamoine woman
- High voter turnout expected in Maine
- Benton Schools have detected lead in water
- Kurtz on Trump's Miss Universe dust up: 'He can't seem to let go of it'
- California police show videos of fatal shooting of black man
- Powerful Hurricane Matthew on Caribbean track toward Jamaica
- Mob informant trades witness protection for $100M
- Stripper segregation: Feds say club mistreats black dancers
- Reports: Russian police kill 2 terror suspects, find bomb
- Haiti authorities nab some 1 dozen of 172 escaped inmates
- Trump's Conway says campaign to spend more on ads in closing weeks, 'not giving up'
- Civil rights hero from 60s takes criticism as Trump backer
- 2 announce bids to lead Britain's fractious UKIP
- Defense Secretary Carter gets closer assessment of Mosul anti-ISIS fight
- Actress joins London protest seeking end to Aleppo bombing
- Katy Perry visits UNLV dorms, urges students to vote Clinton
- EXCLUSIVE: Inside ISIS' extensive tunnel system
- Widows of victims of Nigeria's Boko Haram say aid overdue
- Taylor Swift performs at Formula One race
- German police probe alleged encouragement for fatal jump
- Two explosions hit Japanese city in apparent suicide, police say
- Kanye West Shares The Sweetest Birthday Message For Wife Kim Kardashian West
- Reese Witherspoon Reveals She Gets Fashion Advice From Her Teenage Daughter
- Donald Glover To Play Lando Calrissian In Han Solo 'Star Wars' Film
- Katy Perry & Pharrell To Co-Chair 2017 Met Gala
- Katy Perry & Pharrell Williams To Co-Chair 2017 Met Gala
- Anne Hathaway Admits She 'Tried To Pretend To Be Happy' When Winning Her Oscar
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Season 8 Premiere Q&A: Michael Malarkey
- Carol Burnett Signs On To ABC Sitcom From Amy Poehler
- Warner Bros. Records Promises Previously Unreleased Prince Music
- Charlie Sheen Offers To Throw First Pitch At This Year's World Series As Ricky 'Wild Thing' Vaughn
- Lady Gaga Returns To NYC Bar Where She Launched Her Career
- Blac Chyna Splurges On New Rolls Royce Just Weeks Before Baby – See The Luxe Ride!
- Man City winless run reaches 5 games with Southampton draw
- Integration, expansion, MLB changes since Cubs' last Series
- Giants thin at safety, debut new kicker vs. Rams in London
- Qatar announces 'work-related' death at WCup stadium site
- Utah State pulls away to beat Fresno State 38-20
- Hill runs for 289 yards, 3 TDs; Wyoming beats Nevada 42-34
- Pearson gets goal, scores again in SO; Kings top Canucks
- Perron has 3 goals, assist as Blues beat Flames 6-4
- Vasilevskiy makes 27 saves, Lightning beat Senators 4-1
- Blackhawks come back to top Leafs in shootout 5-4
- No. 21 Auburn runs over No. 17 Arkansas, 56-3
- No. 8 Huskers pull away from Purdue in 2nd half, win 27-14