- Category: Sports
- Created on Thursday, 27 December 2012 15:37
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 755
SAN DIEGO (AP)
Lache Seastrunk rushed 16 times for 138 yards and one score for Baylor, which outgained UCLA 494-362. The Bears came in leading the nation in total offense with 578.8 yards per game.
Florence completed 10 of 13 passes for 188 yards, giving him 4,309 for the season to break Robert Griffin III's school season record of 4,293 set in 2011.
Baylor's defense came up big, too. The Bears sacked Brett Hundley six times, including two by Chris McAllister, and shut down UCLA's career rushing leader Johnathan Franklin. Franklin, who averaged 130.8 yards this season, gained 12 yards on his first carry of the game but was a non-factor after that, finishing with just 34 yards on 14 carries.
Baylor (8-5) won its final four games and five of six. UCLA (9-5) lost its final three.
Hundley was 26 of 50 for 329 yards and three touchdowns to set UCLA's season passing record with 3,740 yards. The old record was 3,470 by Cade McNown in 1998.
UCLA punted four times and lost the ball on downs before getting a break when Baylor's Jordan Navjar fumbled after a reception when he was hit by Eric Kendricks, with Randal Goforth recovering at the Bears 21. Two plays later, Joseph Fauria caught a 22-yard pass from Hundley to pull the Bruins to 21-7.
Baylor quickly added two more touchdowns to put it out of reach at 35-7. Martin burst up the middle for his second touchdown run of the game, a 26-yarder, and, after UCLA punted yet again, Seastrunk broke free for a 43-yard touchdown run with 1:58 left before halftime.
UCLA then converted two fourth downs, including a fake punt, to move to the Baylor 12 with 7 seconds left. On fourth-and-10, coach Jim Mora opted to go for a field goal and Ka'imi Fairbairn converted from 30 yards.
Martin added a 1-yard TD run in the third quarter and Florence had a 1-yard scoring run in the fourth.
Martin had 98 yards on 21 carries.
Hundley threw a 24-yard touchdown pass to Shaq Evans early in the fourth quarter and a 34-yarder to Logan Sweet as the game ended.
- Kidnapped woman gets away after abductors can't operate stick shift
- Sam Hunt makes history, explains origin of single 'Body Like a Back Road'
- Missing skinny dipper's body found by off-duty lifeguard
- DeMario Jackson reportedly in talks to join 'Dancing With the Stars' Season 25
- Inside the minds of women who have sex with boys
- Total of 6 officers shot in Florida, Pennsylvania
- Two police officers slain near Orlando, Fla.
- Girl, 14, found after fears she may have run off with her janitor, report says
- Heartbreak for family of American killed in Spain while celebrating anniversary
- 6 die in Vietnam while sawing leftover mortar shell
- Turtle with two heads spotted in Florida
- Steve Bannon exits White House, says the presidency Trump campaigned for is 'over'
- Venezuela's ousted chief prosecutor flees to Colombia
- NY subway tiles with Confederate flag look to be altered
- Could the human remains found in Aruba be Natalee Holloway? Experts weigh in
- Right-wing activist faces charges from March Berkeley event
- Bruce: Media fixated on Trump, will blame him for everything
- Dashcam video shows white cop punching black man during stop
- Calvin Harris To Perform At Rihanna's Diamond Ball
- VMAs 2017: Pink To Be Honored With The Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award
- Taylor Swift Vows To Become A Voice For Sexual Assault Victims Following Trial Verdict
- Oprah Winfrey Letting Go Of 'Emotional Burden' Of Weight Struggles
- MTV, Record Label Debate Why 'Despacito' Video Was Left Off VMA Nominations List
- 'Deadpool 2': Female Stunt Driver Dies After On-Set Motorcycle Crash
- Taylor Swift Cries During Court Case Closing Arguments
- Teen Choice Awards 2017: Chris Pratt Makes Post-Split Appearance, Miley Cyrus Cancels Last Minute
- Shonda Rhimes Signs Deal With Netflix
- Teen Choice Awards 2017 To Honor Miley Cyrus, Bruno Mars
- 'Annabelle: Creation' Scares Up $35M At Box Office
- Bruno Mars Donates $1 Million From Concert To Flint Water Crisis
- Kluber leaves start early as Indians romp past Royals, 10-1
- Rays fall to Mariners in Kiermaier's return
- Cardinals place Waino on DL, recall Mayers from Triple-A
- Royals place Soria on DL, recall McCarthy from Storm Chasers
- Boston Red Sox owner considering changing Yawkey Way to ease history of racial intolerance
- LeBron James slams Trump as 'so-called president' in Ohio speech
- Slegers helps Twins to win over Indians in MLB debut
- Jay Cutler makes Dolphins debut in preseason loss to Ravens
- Buccaneers dominate first half in preseason victory over Jaguars
- Torre, Steinbrenner confident in Jeter's ability to succeed in front office role with Marlins
- Colts might have to shrink playbook for QBs if Luck remains out
- Coming home: Cullen picks Wild for 21st NHL season