- Category: Sports
- Created on Thursday, 27 December 2012 20:37
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 735
SAN DIEGO (AP)
Lache Seastrunk rushed 16 times for 138 yards and one score for Baylor, which outgained UCLA 494-362. The Bears came in leading the nation in total offense with 578.8 yards per game.
Florence completed 10 of 13 passes for 188 yards, giving him 4,309 for the season to break Robert Griffin III's school season record of 4,293 set in 2011.
Baylor's defense came up big, too. The Bears sacked Brett Hundley six times, including two by Chris McAllister, and shut down UCLA's career rushing leader Johnathan Franklin. Franklin, who averaged 130.8 yards this season, gained 12 yards on his first carry of the game but was a non-factor after that, finishing with just 34 yards on 14 carries.
Baylor (8-5) won its final four games and five of six. UCLA (9-5) lost its final three.
Hundley was 26 of 50 for 329 yards and three touchdowns to set UCLA's season passing record with 3,740 yards. The old record was 3,470 by Cade McNown in 1998.
UCLA punted four times and lost the ball on downs before getting a break when Baylor's Jordan Navjar fumbled after a reception when he was hit by Eric Kendricks, with Randal Goforth recovering at the Bears 21. Two plays later, Joseph Fauria caught a 22-yard pass from Hundley to pull the Bruins to 21-7.
Baylor quickly added two more touchdowns to put it out of reach at 35-7. Martin burst up the middle for his second touchdown run of the game, a 26-yarder, and, after UCLA punted yet again, Seastrunk broke free for a 43-yard touchdown run with 1:58 left before halftime.
UCLA then converted two fourth downs, including a fake punt, to move to the Baylor 12 with 7 seconds left. On fourth-and-10, coach Jim Mora opted to go for a field goal and Ka'imi Fairbairn converted from 30 yards.
Martin added a 1-yard TD run in the third quarter and Florence had a 1-yard scoring run in the fourth.
Martin had 98 yards on 21 carries.
Hundley threw a 24-yard touchdown pass to Shaq Evans early in the fourth quarter and a 34-yarder to Logan Sweet as the game ended.
- Cabin fever event preparing people for spring
- Governor LePage on "FOX and Friends"
- Belfast ATM targeted by skimmers
- Thorndike teacher receives sentence in unlawful touching case
- Wardens release information on 7th snowmobile fatal
- Event brings fans of music and wrestling together
- Partnership allows students to earn two degrees in six years
- Program encourages students to consider career in law enforcement
- DHHS allocates millions to fight opioid epidemic
- Thousands wake up to power outage
- Man behind bars after standoff in Aroostook County
- Community members study local aquatic life
- "Lego Circus Day" has a special guest at Challenger Learning Center
- Searsmont man facing charges for unlawful sexual contact
- Woman accused of murdering former husband
- Miranda Hopkins due in court Friday
- Turner woman killed following crash while exiting turnpike
- Ted Cruz reportedly says nuclear option is on table in Supreme Court pick
- Japan spokesman: Trump criticism of currency policy off base
- Celebrities, pundits react to Trump's Supreme Court nominee
- Union-backed Ronald Vitiello named to lead Border Patrol
- Senator: Army Corp told to approve Dakota pipeline easement
- Owner, charity liable in building collapse that killed 6
- Trump seeking $54B increase in defense spending, cuts elsewhere
- 'Moonlight' won best picture because of Oscars' version of electoral college
- $20 debt leads to melee at Florida Girl Scout cookie stand
- Trump previews joint address to Congress, takes blame for communication issues
- Richard III's prayer book goes online … and is that a personal note?
- Microbes in glittering crystal cave revived after 10,000 years
- Trump previews joint address to Congress, takes blame for ineffective communications
- Trump announces special guests for his upcoming joint address to Congress
- 12 healthy eating hacks nutritionists use every day
- Not fake news: Trump's budget cuts are first big test of his presidency
- Morning brief: Exclusive Trump interview to air on 'Fox & Friends' at 6 am ET
- Top Russian official: Our relationship with US at lowest point since Cold War
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere Recap
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Shows Off Growing Baby Bump In Glam Oscars Look
- Patricia Arquette Upset Oscars Left Transgender Sister Out Of 'In Memoriam' Tribute
- Brie Larson Congratulates Fellow Oscar Winner Emma Stone In Touching Backstage Surprise
- 'Supergirl' Preview: Jeremiah Danvers Returns
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Issues Apology Over Best Picture Oscars Mix-Up
- Oscars 2017: 'In Memoriam' Segment Included Photo Of Living Producer
- Oscars 2017: Hollywood Reacts To That Shocking Best Picture Twist
- Oscars 2017: 'Moonlight' Wins Best Picture Over 'La La Land' After Onstage Mix-Up
- Oscars 2017: Host Jimmy Kimmel Surprises Hollywood Tourists With Trip Inside The Show
- John Legend-Performed Songs 'City Of Stars' & 'Audition' Out Digitally (Exclusive)
- 'HTGAWM' Cast, Oprah Winfrey, Jessica Chastain & More React To Viola Davis' Oscars Win
- Daytona 500 crash takes Kyle Busch, Dale Earnhardt Jr. out of race
- Former NHL enforcer suspended as youth coach following brawl
- Transgender boy wins first 2 matches of girls tournament
- Jameis Winston apologizes for 'poor word choice' during talk to schoolchildren
- Ex-USA Gymnastics doctor accused of sexually assaulting nine girls
- Facebook reportedly in talks with MLB to livestream games during season
- Athletics hopeful Santiago Casilla to arrive in coming days
- Lakers put Magic Johnson in charge of basketball ops
- Lean on me: International NBA players supporting each other
- AP Sources: Matt Wieters, Nationals agree, pending physical
- Romar's future at Washington could be tied to recruits
- FCS draft roundtable - Part II