- Category: Sports
- Created on Thursday, 27 December 2012 20:37
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 742
SAN DIEGO (AP)
Lache Seastrunk rushed 16 times for 138 yards and one score for Baylor, which outgained UCLA 494-362. The Bears came in leading the nation in total offense with 578.8 yards per game.
Florence completed 10 of 13 passes for 188 yards, giving him 4,309 for the season to break Robert Griffin III's school season record of 4,293 set in 2011.
Baylor's defense came up big, too. The Bears sacked Brett Hundley six times, including two by Chris McAllister, and shut down UCLA's career rushing leader Johnathan Franklin. Franklin, who averaged 130.8 yards this season, gained 12 yards on his first carry of the game but was a non-factor after that, finishing with just 34 yards on 14 carries.
Baylor (8-5) won its final four games and five of six. UCLA (9-5) lost its final three.
Hundley was 26 of 50 for 329 yards and three touchdowns to set UCLA's season passing record with 3,740 yards. The old record was 3,470 by Cade McNown in 1998.
UCLA punted four times and lost the ball on downs before getting a break when Baylor's Jordan Navjar fumbled after a reception when he was hit by Eric Kendricks, with Randal Goforth recovering at the Bears 21. Two plays later, Joseph Fauria caught a 22-yard pass from Hundley to pull the Bruins to 21-7.
Baylor quickly added two more touchdowns to put it out of reach at 35-7. Martin burst up the middle for his second touchdown run of the game, a 26-yarder, and, after UCLA punted yet again, Seastrunk broke free for a 43-yard touchdown run with 1:58 left before halftime.
UCLA then converted two fourth downs, including a fake punt, to move to the Baylor 12 with 7 seconds left. On fourth-and-10, coach Jim Mora opted to go for a field goal and Ka'imi Fairbairn converted from 30 yards.
Martin added a 1-yard TD run in the third quarter and Florence had a 1-yard scoring run in the fourth.
Martin had 98 yards on 21 carries.
Hundley threw a 24-yard touchdown pass to Shaq Evans early in the fourth quarter and a 34-yarder to Logan Sweet as the game ended.
- Anah Shriners to hold screening clinics
- Legislation hopes to cure Maines broadband woes
- Legislation to fight against mosquito aims to combat spread of Zika
- Hampden chase suspect indicted by grand jury
- Machais home destoyed over night by fire
- Truck fire closes down I-95
- Man arrested on drug charges has been on officials "radar"
- Money raised for Mount Desert Island Hospital matched by the Manton Foundation
- Maine's monument not on the list of President Trump's monument review
- Convicted killer Sally Schofield is released from prison
- High court upholds murder conviction
- Late night incident in Old Town still under investigation
- Morning fire destroys home in Greenbush
- Mercedes Schlapp on Michael Flynn asking for immunity
- Russia investigation: Adam Schiff releases statement after viewing docs shown to Nunes
- Anti-allergy medicine EpiPen recall expands to US
- Company linked to Trump-Russian dossier has its own Kremlin connection, US senator says
- Kushner retains scores of real estate holdings while in WH
- United passenger dragged off flight settles with airline for undisclosed amount
- Delaware standoff over: Trooper's killer shot dead after barricading himself in home
- Company recalls organic dog food that may contain euthanasia drug
- Lost Nepal trekker found after 47 days; his girlfriend died after 44
- Georgia police beating: 1 of 2 wanted Gwinnett officers turns himself in
- Not-guilty plea for doc in Detroit genital mutilation case
- Analysis: Finally, crystal-clear clarity in French election
- ESPN yanks poem honoring cop-killer Assata Shakur
- Brother saves younger sister from kidnapping attempt
- The Latest: Police ambush killer back in court for sentence
- Man charged in Fresno rampage to undergo mental evaluation
- APNewsBreak: Witness says he lied about casino gang killing
- NATO chief acknowledges Italy for boosting defense spending
- 'Star Wars: Episode IX' Sets Release Date
- Tom Cavanagh Talks Directing 'The Flash'
- Beyoncé Marks 'Lemonade' Anniversary With Launch Of New Scholarship Program
- Drake To Host First-Ever NBA Awards
- Scott Baio Clarifies Comments About Late 'Happy Days' Co-Star Erin Moran After Backlash
- Former 'Bachelor' Chris Soules Arrested, Charged With Leaving The Scene Of An Accident Where There Was A Death
- Faye Dunaway Talks Oscars Best Picture Mix-Up
- Elton John Cancels Multiple Concerts After 'Rare & Potentially Deadly' Infection
- 'Chicago P.D.': Exclusive Sneak Peek
- Serena Williams Pens Heartfelt Message To Her Unborn Child: 'I Can't Wait To Meet You'
- Access Hollywood Wants To Send You To Universal Orlando Resort™
- 'iZombie's' Rahul Kohli Talks 'Supergirl' Role
- GM McPhee weighs hopes of Vegas hitting NHL lottery jackpot
- Padres look to split series with Diamondbacks Thursday
- Schimpf's homer sparks Padres' 8-5 comeback win over D-backs
- Predators' Fiala out of playoffs after breaking leg
- Levy shoots 63 to take 1-stroke lead at China Open
- Larsson leads Oilers past Ducks 5-3 in wild series opener
- PGA stars: New format in New Orleans boosts fun quotient
- Marshawn Lynch announces return to the NFL with the Raiders
- Rondo ruled out of Game 5 as Bulls take on Celtics
- Ducks emerge as favorite as they take on Edmonton
- Padres rolled by D-backs 9-3, lose 4th straight
- Joey Barton banned 18 months by FA, admits he placed bets against own team