- Category: Sports
- Created on Thursday, 27 December 2012 15:37
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 748
SAN DIEGO (AP)
Lache Seastrunk rushed 16 times for 138 yards and one score for Baylor, which outgained UCLA 494-362. The Bears came in leading the nation in total offense with 578.8 yards per game.
Florence completed 10 of 13 passes for 188 yards, giving him 4,309 for the season to break Robert Griffin III's school season record of 4,293 set in 2011.
Baylor's defense came up big, too. The Bears sacked Brett Hundley six times, including two by Chris McAllister, and shut down UCLA's career rushing leader Johnathan Franklin. Franklin, who averaged 130.8 yards this season, gained 12 yards on his first carry of the game but was a non-factor after that, finishing with just 34 yards on 14 carries.
Baylor (8-5) won its final four games and five of six. UCLA (9-5) lost its final three.
Hundley was 26 of 50 for 329 yards and three touchdowns to set UCLA's season passing record with 3,740 yards. The old record was 3,470 by Cade McNown in 1998.
UCLA punted four times and lost the ball on downs before getting a break when Baylor's Jordan Navjar fumbled after a reception when he was hit by Eric Kendricks, with Randal Goforth recovering at the Bears 21. Two plays later, Joseph Fauria caught a 22-yard pass from Hundley to pull the Bruins to 21-7.
Baylor quickly added two more touchdowns to put it out of reach at 35-7. Martin burst up the middle for his second touchdown run of the game, a 26-yarder, and, after UCLA punted yet again, Seastrunk broke free for a 43-yard touchdown run with 1:58 left before halftime.
UCLA then converted two fourth downs, including a fake punt, to move to the Baylor 12 with 7 seconds left. On fourth-and-10, coach Jim Mora opted to go for a field goal and Ka'imi Fairbairn converted from 30 yards.
Martin added a 1-yard TD run in the third quarter and Florence had a 1-yard scoring run in the fourth.
Martin had 98 yards on 21 carries.
Hundley threw a 24-yard touchdown pass to Shaq Evans early in the fourth quarter and a 34-yarder to Logan Sweet as the game ended.
- Syria could be planning chemical attack, White House says
- Hannity: Russia allegations 'boomeranging back' on Democrats
- Georgia man charged in teen girl's rape avoids prison
- Substitute teacher, 24, accused of sex in two counties with her 17-year-old boy student
- Utah wildfire grows to largest active fire in US
- Mongolia's presidential election tightens, runoff likely
- Charred body identified as missing Mexican journalist
- Senate health bill would lower deficit, increase number of uninsured, estimate says
- Substitute teacher, 24, accused of sex in two counties with 17-year-old boy student
- Arizona woman convicted in 2011 death of young cousin
- Chilling confessions of UK's youngest double killers, Kim Edwards and Lucas Markham, revealed
- Rabbi, several others arrested in public benefits fraud case
- Police: Girl's actions caused her to fall from NY park ride
- Arkansas inmate on lam for 32 years visiting mom when caught
- Supreme Court decision shifts momentum in Trump travel ban case
- Trump travel ban partly reinstated; fall court arguments set
- Flint airport officer stabbed during attack out of hospital
- Man convicted of 2nd-degree murder in killing of Baby Doe
- Oscar Winner Daniel Day-Lewis Is Retiring From Acting
- Prodigy Of Hip-Hop Duo Mobb Deep Dies At 42
- 'Bachelor In Paradise' Review Declares No Evidence Of Misconduct, Show Will Resume Production
- Dave Chappelle Will Host Rihanna's Diamond Ball; Kendrick Lamar To Perform
- 'Jumanji' Sequel Stars Jack Black & Nick Jonas Pay Tribute To Robin Williams
- John Legend Postpones Concert Dates Due To Illness: 'I Will Get Healthy'
- Miles Teller Released After Being Arrested On Suspicion Of Public Intoxication
- Adele Visits London Firefighters Following Grenfell Tower Fire
- Paris Jackson Stuns On Vogue Australia Cover
- Carrie Fisher Autopsy Report Reveals Late Actress Had Multiple Drugs In Her System
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Gets Premiere Date
- 'American Ninja Warrior': Watch Kacy Catanzaro's Qualifier Run (Exclusive Sneak Peek)
- Berrios fans 7, but Twins fall 4-1 to Red Sox
- Vikings' Floyd gets 1 day in jail for flunking alcohol test
- Serena Williams shrugs off John McEnroe claim she'd struggle against men
- Cardinals win makeup game, beat Reds for first time in last six
- Rays acquire shortstop Adeiny Hechavarria from Marlins
- Hockey Hall of Fame: Teemu Selanne, Paul Kariya, Mark Recchi headline 2017 class
- Lightning great Dave Andreychuk to be inducted into Hockey Hall of Fame
- Ahman Green, former Green Bay Packers running back, arrested in child abuse case
- NHRA champion John Force to throw out first pitch at Cubs vs. Rays
- Kevin Harvick on Sonoma: 'Winning makes everything better'
- Rays fall to Orioles in the ninth inning, drop series
- Indians get swept at home;fall out of first place