- Category: Sports
- Created on Thursday, 27 December 2012 20:37
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 685
SAN DIEGO (AP)
Lache Seastrunk rushed 16 times for 138 yards and one score for Baylor, which outgained UCLA 494-362. The Bears came in leading the nation in total offense with 578.8 yards per game.
Florence completed 10 of 13 passes for 188 yards, giving him 4,309 for the season to break Robert Griffin III's school season record of 4,293 set in 2011.
Baylor's defense came up big, too. The Bears sacked Brett Hundley six times, including two by Chris McAllister, and shut down UCLA's career rushing leader Johnathan Franklin. Franklin, who averaged 130.8 yards this season, gained 12 yards on his first carry of the game but was a non-factor after that, finishing with just 34 yards on 14 carries.
Baylor (8-5) won its final four games and five of six. UCLA (9-5) lost its final three.
Hundley was 26 of 50 for 329 yards and three touchdowns to set UCLA's season passing record with 3,740 yards. The old record was 3,470 by Cade McNown in 1998.
UCLA punted four times and lost the ball on downs before getting a break when Baylor's Jordan Navjar fumbled after a reception when he was hit by Eric Kendricks, with Randal Goforth recovering at the Bears 21. Two plays later, Joseph Fauria caught a 22-yard pass from Hundley to pull the Bruins to 21-7.
Baylor quickly added two more touchdowns to put it out of reach at 35-7. Martin burst up the middle for his second touchdown run of the game, a 26-yarder, and, after UCLA punted yet again, Seastrunk broke free for a 43-yard touchdown run with 1:58 left before halftime.
UCLA then converted two fourth downs, including a fake punt, to move to the Baylor 12 with 7 seconds left. On fourth-and-10, coach Jim Mora opted to go for a field goal and Ka'imi Fairbairn converted from 30 yards.
Martin added a 1-yard TD run in the third quarter and Florence had a 1-yard scoring run in the fourth.
Martin had 98 yards on 21 carries.
Hundley threw a 24-yard touchdown pass to Shaq Evans early in the fourth quarter and a 34-yarder to Logan Sweet as the game ended.
- Rep. Poliquin questions Wells Fargo CEO
- Emera Maine: Be cautious of scam phone calls
- Former postal employee pleads guilty of theft
- Sex offender arrested for possessing child porn
- How about the chance to win free braces?
- Plane lands without landing gear in Bangor
- Overdose death brings new light to "Operation Hope"
- Rockland woman attacked on her way home
- UPDATED - Dedham accident victim named
- Drive Sober Bus coming to a town near you
- Katahdin Woods and Waters host informational meetings
- Early Bird Breakfast discussion surrounds online reputations
- Penobscot Indian Nation to receive $100,000 grant for law enforcement efforts
- Gun pulled as argument escalates in Ellsworth
- Teen arrested for felony speeding
- Man killed in Dedham crash
- Second Congressional District polls show two different races
- Waterville Police arrest two for using fake credit cards
- Trump doubles down on 'impenetrable, physical' wall during immigration speech
- Veteran NJ Transit engineer in deadly crash 'loves his work,' neighbor says
- Matthew grows to hurricane strength in Caribbean
- Bank of Mexico hikes interest rate a half-point to 4.75 pct
- Krauthammer: Trump's central weakness is 'vanity'
- Police reviewing gun store video in mall shooting case
- Milwaukee man convicted in shooting of 5-year-old
- Former Marine details alleged abuse at Parris Island
- Director Nate Parker says he was 'falsely accused' in 1999 sex assault case
- UN warns of 'merciless abyss' in besieged eastern Aleppo
- Cops release ID of dead suspect in Philly stabbings
- Officer's lawyer: Jury should hear about auditory exclusion
- Zika travel advisory issued for 11 Southeast Asia countries
- Federal judge blocks Arkansas Planned Parenthood defunding
- Ex-officer facing 2nd trial agrees to deal in wife's death
- Prison officials: 2 supervisors, 2 officers hurt in attack
- Gutfeld: Donald Trump has a 'wait' problem
- The Latest: Haley asks state to pray for shooting victims
- Mary J. Blige Explains Why She Sang Bruce Springsteen To Hillary Clinton
- 'Amanda Knox' Doc Due Out Friday On Netflix
- Listen To The First Solo Single From One Direction's Niall Horan
- Kim Kardashian Talks Taylor Swift Feud
- Touching Tributes Flood In From Susan Lucci, Sarah Michelle Gellar & More For Late Soap Creator Agnes Nixon
- YUGE decision: Alec Baldwin To Impersonate Trump When 'SNL' Returns Saturday
- 'NCIS' Showrunner Gary Glasberg Has Died
- Marcia Gay Harden Teases 'Fifty Shades Darker' Mrs. Grey/Elena Scene
- Jennifer Lopez To Be A Judge For NBC's Brand New Dance Competition
- Benedict Cumberbatch Interviews Tom Hiddleston, Skips Asking About Taylor Swift
- James Corden Becomes One Of The Backstreet Boys (For One Night Only)
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Will Host 'Saturday Night Live'
- Raiders' Osemele moved on but hasn't forgotten Ravens split
- Elliot and Hyde, former Buckeyes, to face off Sunday
- Lee Westwood enters Ryder Cup on verge of history
- Willett less than thrilled to be his brother's keeper
- Jones making quite an impact in Detroit's passing game
- Panthers RB Stewart out vs. Falcons with hamstring injury
- Bills receiver Watkins' status uncertain against Patriots
- Eagles rookie QB Carson Wentz lands big buck during off week
- Jets sign WR/KR Jeremy Ross, place DL Lawrence Thomas on IR
- D-backs, Nationals hope to outlast rain in series finale
- Ray Rice still waits for 2nd chance, doesn't begrudge Hardy
- Ray Rice says work against domestic violence his 2nd chance