- Category: Sports
- Created on Monday, 24 December 2012 08:46
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 786
After sitting out Saturday against Utah because of the flu, the Miami Heat center returned to practice Monday. He will back in the starting lineup for Tuesday’s NBA Finals rematch against Oklahoma City at AmericanAirlines Arena.
“I stayed in bed for a couple of days, and I was really thinking about how exciting it would be to play at 100 percent on Christmas,’’ Bosh said about missing his first game of the season. “So I kind of kept (Tuesday’s game) in mind a lot.’’
After all, NBA players will be wearing special shoes on Christmas. Bosh was beaming about the red ones he broke in during Monday’s practice.
“I like mine,’’ Bosh said. “They’re cool.’’
Bosh, who is averaging 18.0 points and 7.9 rebounds per game, was under the weather when he got up Saturday morning. Heat officials told him to stay home, and he missed the 105-89 win over the Jazz. With Miami off from practice Sunday, Bosh got some additional rest.
“The bug left his body,’’ said Heat coach Erik Spoelstra, whose team has the top record in the Eastern Conference at 18-6, while Oklahoma City is best in the West at 21-5. “I think he probably was a little bit weaker (Monday), but he was able to go through the whole practice. He wanted to go up and down and run the full court and get some extra work. He was able to work on his rhythm.’’
Barring a setback, Spoelstra anticipates Bosh will be at full strength against the Thunder.
“Everybody on our team has been hit by the bug,’’ said Heat guard Dwyane Wade, who has missed three games this season, including one because of illness. “It’s good it didn’t last too long, and he’ll be able to get back out there. We need him.’’
Bosh will face the team he had made his debut against as Miami’s regular center. After the Heat lost Game 1 of the Finals to Oklahoma City in June, Spoelstra inserted Bosh, normally a power forward, into the starting lineup at center. The Heat won the final four games of the series to claim the title.
Now, Bosh is back against the Thunder. The only difference is he’ll be wearing red shoes.
- NYC terror attack: Halloween horror would have been much worse without top notch NYPD
- NYC terror suspect Sayfullo Saipov: Who is he?
- Democratic group pulls ad targeting Virginia governor hopeful Ed Gillespie's supporters
- Holiday party leftovers: What to keep and what to toss
- Wisconsin deer hunter meets friendly 8-point buck during hunt
- NYPD to use secret weapon at Thanksgiving Day Parade: 'Vapor Wake' retrievers
- 6 common Thanksgiving cooking mistakes (and how to fix them)
- Tucker Carlson Tonight - Wednesday, November 22
- Hannity - Wednesday, November 23
- Uganda's foreign minister urged to quit over alleged bribe
- Kuwait's 88-year-old ruler leaves hospital after checkup
- Wolves' return to Oregon brings conflict and opportunity
- Pope Francis to visit 3 Baltic nations next year: Report
- Phoenix homeowner pulls plug on Christmas lights after city crackdown
- Special Report With Bret Baier - Wednesday, November 22
- Cows fall from overpass after semi-truck crashes, snarling traffic
- Rocket launch will prove Earth is flat, California man says
- Zimbabwe, facing new leader, wonders 'Where is Mugabe?'
- Rashida Jones Reveals Why She Quit 'Toy Story 4' After Pixar Co-Founder Takes Leave
- Jordan Fisher Crowned 'Dancing with the Stars' Alongside Partner Lindsay Arnold
- 'The Partridge Family' Star David Cassidy Dies At 67
- Drew Scott Lost How Much Weight From Being On 'Dancing With the Stars'?
- Bella Hadid Is 'Grateful' & 'Happy' Following Her Second Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- Did Kris Jenner Just Confirm Khloe & Kylie's Pregnancies On Instagram?
- Armie Hammer Calls Out Casey Affleck's Oscar Win As A Double Standard Against Nate Parker
- Pink Releases Her Music Video For 'Beautiful Trauma' Co-Starring Channing Tatum
- Kathy Griffin Says She Faces A 'Hollywood Blacklist' After Trump Photo Controversy
- Taylor Swift's 'Reputation' Sells 1.22 Million Albums In First Week
- Jenna Dewan Tatum Rocks Super Sexy Look At The 2017 American Music Awards
- Kelly Clarkson's Daughters, River Rose and Savannah, Stole Nicole Kidman & Pink's Hearts At The 2017 AMAs
- Bjugstad, Panthers defeat Maple Leafs in shootout
- QB Smith taking heat for Chiefs' extended malaise
- Ohtani may be posted next week after MLB and NPB make deal
- Injuries will be the story as Redskins and Giants play on Thanksgiving
- Chargers and Cowboys head into Thanksgiving game with a lot on the line
- San Diego State offensive coordinator calls Penny's snub "a joke"
- Maria Sharapova being investigated by Indian police in housing fraud case
- NBA star Ray Allen says he was 'catfished,' asks court to throw out stalking case
- Olympic gymnast Gabby Douglas says she was abused, as disgraced doctor pleads guilty to sex charges
- Olympic gymnast Gabby Douglas claims team doctor sexually abused her after spat with 'Fierce Five' teammates
- K-State QB Ertz to have season-ending knee surgery
- Jayhawks strip captaincy from three players who withheld handshakes