- Category: Sports
- Created on Monday, 24 December 2012 13:46
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 700
After sitting out Saturday against Utah because of the flu, the Miami Heat center returned to practice Monday. He will back in the starting lineup for Tuesday’s NBA Finals rematch against Oklahoma City at AmericanAirlines Arena.
“I stayed in bed for a couple of days, and I was really thinking about how exciting it would be to play at 100 percent on Christmas,’’ Bosh said about missing his first game of the season. “So I kind of kept (Tuesday’s game) in mind a lot.’’
After all, NBA players will be wearing special shoes on Christmas. Bosh was beaming about the red ones he broke in during Monday’s practice.
“I like mine,’’ Bosh said. “They’re cool.’’
Bosh, who is averaging 18.0 points and 7.9 rebounds per game, was under the weather when he got up Saturday morning. Heat officials told him to stay home, and he missed the 105-89 win over the Jazz. With Miami off from practice Sunday, Bosh got some additional rest.
“The bug left his body,’’ said Heat coach Erik Spoelstra, whose team has the top record in the Eastern Conference at 18-6, while Oklahoma City is best in the West at 21-5. “I think he probably was a little bit weaker (Monday), but he was able to go through the whole practice. He wanted to go up and down and run the full court and get some extra work. He was able to work on his rhythm.’’
Barring a setback, Spoelstra anticipates Bosh will be at full strength against the Thunder.
“Everybody on our team has been hit by the bug,’’ said Heat guard Dwyane Wade, who has missed three games this season, including one because of illness. “It’s good it didn’t last too long, and he’ll be able to get back out there. We need him.’’
Bosh will face the team he had made his debut against as Miami’s regular center. After the Heat lost Game 1 of the Finals to Oklahoma City in June, Spoelstra inserted Bosh, normally a power forward, into the starting lineup at center. The Heat won the final four games of the series to claim the title.
Now, Bosh is back against the Thunder. The only difference is he’ll be wearing red shoes.
- Man from Wayne is accused of exposing himself to children in Augusta
- Lawmakers respond to voicemail Gov. LePage left for Democratic legislator
- New school unveiled that will serve all RSU 64 students K - 5
- American Folk Festival caters to sign language users
- Cruise ship season in Bar Harbor at its peak
- Herring shortage worsens that is affecting Maine lobstermen
- Governor in hot water over comments that he's kept binder of mug shots of drug dealers
- Sportsman's Alliance of Maine is not happy about National Monument decision
- Hampden man arrested on heroin charges
- 2nd Annual "Cruisin for CM & SM" to spread awareness of not so rare disease
- A woman who attempted to buy a couple of Happy Meals for some children isn't so happy today
- Man accused of severely beating his child is now out on bail
- Ithaca College student fatally stabbed on Cornell University campus
- Ex-Congressman Weiner embroiled in new sexting scandal
- 'Loud noises' cause evacuation, ground stop at Los Angeles airport
- Complete list of MTV Video Music Award winners
- Beyonce shines, but Britney bombs at MTV Video Music Awards
- Trump says he'll deliver speech in Arizona on immigration
- Fighting escalates on Turkey-Syria border, endangering US forces
- Two killed in Louisiana bus crash, driver in US illegally, cops say
- $50K reward offered in 8-year-old girl's stray bullet death
- Authorities: Off-duty cop kills man who tied to take gun
- Saudis say rocket fired from Yemen kills 2 children
- Juan Gabriel, Mexican superstar singer, dead at 66
- Canadian government sets up probe of switched at birth case
- Tropical depressions form in Atlantic, Gulf could drench North Carolina, Gulf Coast
- FARC sets permanent cease-fire under Colombia peace deal
- Team Trump tries to define immigration policy by contrasting Clinton's plan
- Sheriff investigates after video shows 4-year-old boy being thrown off a bridge into a river
- Visitor misbehavior on display as US parks agency turns 100
- 2016 MTV VMAs: A Complete List Of The Winners
- Why Gabby Douglas Missed The 2016 MTV VMAs
- Beyonce Slays The VMAs Like Usual
- Kanye West's Epic Speech At The 2016 MTV VMAs
- Which Celebs Could We See At Burning Man 2016?
- The Spice Girls Had A Mini Reunion & It Was Everything!
- Aly Raisman Gets Welcomed Home With 'Aly Raisman Day'
- 2016 MTV Video Music Awards: What To Expect
- Simone Biles & Her Sister Look Like Twins In New Pic
- Kim Kardashian's Tennis Outfit Is Unbelievable
- Rihanna To Open 2016 MTV VMA's
- 'Making A Murderer': Steven Avery's Attorney Seeks More Evidence Testing
- Kaepernick will sit through anthem until there's change
- Reeds win Barclays, Fowler loses Ryder Cup spot
- Titans waive 11 to trim roster before Tuesday's NFL deadline
- Jets place wide receiver Devin Smith on PUP, cut 11 players
- Maine-Endwell wins Little League title game against South Korea
- Panthers cut WR Stephen Hill, 10 others
- Pieters takes 3rd European title with win in Denmark
- For retired US Open champ Flavia Pennetta, no regrets
- Bills sign QB Trainor as potential preseason finale fill in
- Mancini leads Endwell to Little League title game
- West Ham signs Italy forward Zaza on loan from Juventus
- Mladenovic, Garcia and Paire suspended by French tennis fed