- Category: Sports
- Created on Monday, 24 December 2012 08:46
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 806
After sitting out Saturday against Utah because of the flu, the Miami Heat center returned to practice Monday. He will back in the starting lineup for Tuesday’s NBA Finals rematch against Oklahoma City at AmericanAirlines Arena.
“I stayed in bed for a couple of days, and I was really thinking about how exciting it would be to play at 100 percent on Christmas,’’ Bosh said about missing his first game of the season. “So I kind of kept (Tuesday’s game) in mind a lot.’’
After all, NBA players will be wearing special shoes on Christmas. Bosh was beaming about the red ones he broke in during Monday’s practice.
“I like mine,’’ Bosh said. “They’re cool.’’
Bosh, who is averaging 18.0 points and 7.9 rebounds per game, was under the weather when he got up Saturday morning. Heat officials told him to stay home, and he missed the 105-89 win over the Jazz. With Miami off from practice Sunday, Bosh got some additional rest.
“The bug left his body,’’ said Heat coach Erik Spoelstra, whose team has the top record in the Eastern Conference at 18-6, while Oklahoma City is best in the West at 21-5. “I think he probably was a little bit weaker (Monday), but he was able to go through the whole practice. He wanted to go up and down and run the full court and get some extra work. He was able to work on his rhythm.’’
Barring a setback, Spoelstra anticipates Bosh will be at full strength against the Thunder.
“Everybody on our team has been hit by the bug,’’ said Heat guard Dwyane Wade, who has missed three games this season, including one because of illness. “It’s good it didn’t last too long, and he’ll be able to get back out there. We need him.’’
Bosh will face the team he had made his debut against as Miami’s regular center. After the Heat lost Game 1 of the Finals to Oklahoma City in June, Spoelstra inserted Bosh, normally a power forward, into the starting lineup at center. The Heat won the final four games of the series to claim the title.
Now, Bosh is back against the Thunder. The only difference is he’ll be wearing red shoes.
- Florida school set to reopen in phases after deadly shooting
- Missing California Uber driver is found alive, report says
- UC Berkeley allocating $800K for illegal immigrants
- Is Philadelphia’s new and progressive drug approach doomed?
- German Social Democrats voting on coalition pact with Merkel
- Will the Supreme Court take up the DACA debate?
- Myanmar to resettle 6,000 stranded Rohingya refugees
- 2 aid workers killed in eastern Congo, 1 taken hostage
- Ancient lost city in Mexico had as many buildings as Manhattan
- American accused of stealing terra-cotta warrior's thumb must be 'severely' punished, China says
- Jupiter's Great Red Spot will evaporate in little more than 10 years, astronomers say
- Jupiter's Great Red Spot: will evaporate in little more than 10 years, astronomers say
- Lawyers for Hariri assassination suspect calls for acquittal
- Firsthand account of modern urban combat from inside Ramadi
- Egypt adds detained Islamist politician to terror list
- Turkey considers chemical castration for pedophiles
- Child killer appeals against his death sentence in Pakistan
- Cape Town pushes back 'Day Zero' to July 9 in water crisis
- Jimmy Kimmel Calls On Congress, Trump To Take Action Against School Shootings: 'Children Are Being Murdered'
- Janelle Monae's Album Trailer Will Air Before 'Black Panther' In Theaters
- Chadwick Boseman, Tiffany Haddish, Greta Gerwig Named 2018 Oscar Presenters
- 'Bachelor In Paradise' Stars Evan Bass and Carly Waddell Welcome Baby Girl, Isabella!
- Prince Harry Has An Absolute Blast With Kiddos As He Serves Food At Their School
- Jennifer Aniston & Justin Theroux Separate After 2 Years Of Marriage
- 'Riverdale's Camila Mendes Shares Her Condolences With Her Hometown Parkland & Victims Of The Mass Shooting There
- Christina Aguilera Poses Nude For Sexy & Soapy Instagram Pics
- Amy Schumer Tells Fans She's Not Pregnant After Surprise Wedding
- Bode Miller Apologizes After Joke Suggesting Marriage Caused Skier's Downfall
- Nicole Kidman, Lupita Nyong'o, Michael B. Jordan & More Stars Pack The Front Row At Calvin Klein At NYFW
- Hugh Jackman Share's A Super Sweet Wedding Picture With Wife Deb In Honor Of Valentine's Day
- Ex-NFL player who planned murder of pregnant girlfriend seeks custody of son
- Hero, harasser or both? Shaun White’s newly complex legacy
- First Olympian to win skiing medal for UK was born in US
- Wallace tops Daytona 500 speed chart in final practice
- Auburn player Anfernee McLemore suffers gruesome leg injury
- Four NHL hockey fans kicked out over racist comments toward player
- Lindsey Vonn responds to Twitter trolls after failing to medal at Olympics
- Be like Michael Jordan? Not at Air Force Academy
- US Olympic skier Gus Kenworthy quips broken thumb means he won't be able to shake Pence's hand
- Cubs' Anthony Rizzo returns home to Parkland, FL after shooting
- Massachusetts hockey coach accused of sexually abusing 8 children, including 6-year-old
- German figure skating pair sets record in gold medal win