- Category: Sports
- Created on Monday, 24 December 2012 08:46
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 776
After sitting out Saturday against Utah because of the flu, the Miami Heat center returned to practice Monday. He will back in the starting lineup for Tuesday’s NBA Finals rematch against Oklahoma City at AmericanAirlines Arena.
“I stayed in bed for a couple of days, and I was really thinking about how exciting it would be to play at 100 percent on Christmas,’’ Bosh said about missing his first game of the season. “So I kind of kept (Tuesday’s game) in mind a lot.’’
After all, NBA players will be wearing special shoes on Christmas. Bosh was beaming about the red ones he broke in during Monday’s practice.
“I like mine,’’ Bosh said. “They’re cool.’’
Bosh, who is averaging 18.0 points and 7.9 rebounds per game, was under the weather when he got up Saturday morning. Heat officials told him to stay home, and he missed the 105-89 win over the Jazz. With Miami off from practice Sunday, Bosh got some additional rest.
“The bug left his body,’’ said Heat coach Erik Spoelstra, whose team has the top record in the Eastern Conference at 18-6, while Oklahoma City is best in the West at 21-5. “I think he probably was a little bit weaker (Monday), but he was able to go through the whole practice. He wanted to go up and down and run the full court and get some extra work. He was able to work on his rhythm.’’
Barring a setback, Spoelstra anticipates Bosh will be at full strength against the Thunder.
“Everybody on our team has been hit by the bug,’’ said Heat guard Dwyane Wade, who has missed three games this season, including one because of illness. “It’s good it didn’t last too long, and he’ll be able to get back out there. We need him.’’
Bosh will face the team he had made his debut against as Miami’s regular center. After the Heat lost Game 1 of the Finals to Oklahoma City in June, Spoelstra inserted Bosh, normally a power forward, into the starting lineup at center. The Heat won the final four games of the series to claim the title.
Now, Bosh is back against the Thunder. The only difference is he’ll be wearing red shoes.
- White nationalist Christopher Cantwell denied bond on felony charges in Charlottesville rally
- Ethan Hawke prayed on being a priest, hoped God didn't want it for him
- Marc Anthony to Trump: Shut the f--- up about NFL, worry about Puerto Rico
- Wife of ex HS football coach pleads guilty to statutory rape charges
- Pence, Bannon, Robertson stump in Alabama for Senate candidates
- As North Korea threatens electromagnetic pulse attack, questions over lapses in US grid security rise
- New Yale college celebrates 'transgressive gender expression', calls its students 'lemurs'
- Bannon rails against GOP 'elites' working against Trump in 'Hannity' interview
- Pacific Fleet admiral to retire after word of no promotion
- Welcome 'last man standing' Hannity back to 9 pm slot
- Myanmar says no 'ethnic cleansing,' genocide against Muslims
- 'Big Bang Theory' Season 11 premiere recap: Did Amy say 'yes'?
- Surveillance program had 106,000 foreign targets in 2016, officials say
- Police: Tennessee church shooting suspect sent suicidal text
- Police union blasts handling of Utah nurse arrest probe
- Trump's new travel ban: Third time the charm?
- MAGA singer asks, 'Are we living in 1984?' as Free Speech Week goes kaput
- Turkish court frees 1 journalist from prison, orders 4 held
- Ryan Phillippe Breaks His Silence On Assault Allegations
- Emilia Clarke Goes 'Khaleesi' Blonde For The First Time
- Russell Wilson Teaches Football To Ciara's Son
- Sterling K. Brown Shows Off His Emmy – And His Abs!
- 5-Ingredient Fall Dinners from Craftsy
- Blue Ivy Plays Dress-Up With Beyoncé's Clothes
- Googling Avril Lavigne Could Kill Your Computer
- Miley Cyrus Reveals Track List For New Album 'Younger Now'
- Shonda Rhimes Puts People On Blast For Treating Her Differently Before Weight Loss
- Alicia Vikander is Lara Croft in the new 'Tomb Raider' Trailer!
- 'Riverdale’ Hotties KJ Appa and Charles Melton Hit The Soccer Field For Charity
- Halle Berry Flashes Her Rear Assets In Sheer Dress On The Red Carpet
- Gillette Stadium charges fans $4.50 for tap water in cups after bottled water runs out
- Odell Beckham Jr. hints that his urination celebration was a shot at Trump
- Packers rookies King, Jones standing out on defense
- Monday Night Football: Cowboys kneel before national anthem
- Magic feel sense of stability heading in year 2 with coach Frank Vogel
- Bucks keep the status quo heading into training camp
- Steelers' Alejandro Villanueva on standing for anthem: 'I made my teammates look bad'
- Twins closing in on playoff berth
- Steelers' Alejandro Villanueva on standing for anthem: 'I made my teammates looks bad'
- Familiarity provides different vibe for Miami Heat heading into 2017 training camp
- Dolphins coach threatens lineup changes after ugly loss to Jets
- Purdue's Brohm after Michigan loss: 'We need to tone it down a little bit'