SAINT-GERMAIN-EN-LAYE, France (AP)
MORE DAVID BECKHAM
- Beckham trains with new teammates
- Beckham closing in on debut
- Ancelotti says age not a barrier
- Beckham joins PSG | Wise choice?
- Becks announces MLS exit
- Gallery: Career moments | MLS years
- Underwear statues hit NYC | More
- Did MLS test succeed? | Video
- Becks picks ideal time to exit | Reax
- Playing future rumors | Impact on MLS
- Wynalda: Beckham leaves legacy
David Beckham started his first practice session with Paris Saint-Germain on Wednesday amid a media frenzy as dozens of camera crews and photographers jostled for position at the club's training ground in the western suburbs of Paris.
The 37-year-old former England captain joined PSG two weeks ago in a surprise move and is working on his fitness to be ready for Sunday's match at Sochaux. If he does not get up to speed for that game, he could play the week after at home against French title rival Marseille.
Beckham is trying to achieve the unique feat of winning championships in four different countries following title success with Manchester United, Real Madrid and the Los Angeles Galaxy. He made his last appearance for the Galaxy on Dec. 1.
Camera crews from countries like England and Sweden packed a balcony overlooking the Camp des Loges training complex as Beckham jogged and took part in light training drills with his new teammates.
After the others had finished training, Beckham then spoke for a few minutes with one of the club's fitness trainers before walking off and waving as photographers shouted his name.
Beckham joined PSG on a five-month contract which expires in June and has not yet said whether he will continue playing after that.