In the 21 years they've been doing it, the support has only grown.
Maines first family, military officials and veterans, as well as several Gold Star family members are all part of the nearly 700-mile escort.
And more than 80 trucking companies and drivers have volunteered their time to make it all possible.
Some products for sale included jewelry and carvings...but the hot item: baskets...and for these families, it's a knowledge that is passed down from generation to generation
The presents will be distributed to more than 500 hundred area youth, from newborns to teens, on December 15th.
The space, which has cost about $20,000, formed in conjunction from the Friends of the Bangor Dog Park and the Bangor Recreation and Parks Department.
The 17-year-old is graduating this spring.
With one album already under her belt, she's got her sights set on the future.
With help of Grammy-award winning pianist, Paul Sullivan, Rosie says the CD has allowed her to explore multiple vocal styles.
BANGOR - A new business is open on Columbia Street in downtown Bangor....and its purpose is whatever you make it out to be.
Cospace is a blank slate, an area for locals to rent and use for dinners, business meetings, parties, or anything else you can think of.
Co-owners and husband and wife team Joshua Schmersal and Anne Schmidt will also feature a different local artist along the walls of Coespace each month.
Rentals are $25 per hour, and for more information or to book some time, search Coespace on Facebook.
A national study out this week argues that climate change will do serious damage to winter tourism economies, including Maine's, unless government does something about it.
But some major players in Maine's winter tourism arena aren't sold on the study or its conclusions.
Maine Ski Association executive director Greg Sweetser says Maine's snowfall has never been predictable and he questions the political nature of the study funded by the National Resources Defense Council and a California-based group called Protect Our Winters.
Maine Snowmobile Association executive director Bob Meyers says he's skeptical about what he calls the sweeping generalizations of the study, although he admits that last winter's warmer temperatures led to a 30-percent drop in snowmobile licenses in Maine.
- Possible school shooting stopped by friends warning
- UMaine president search narrows
- Buckfield man facing arson charges
- Arrests made in New Mexico murder of former Mainer
- Belfast "Whoopla" hopes to combat the winter blues
- Outdoor gas fire pits recalled due to burn hazard
- SPCA of Hancock County is holding a cabin fever dance
- Meeting on future Belfast aquafarm planned
- Focus of bill would help save elderly from foreclosure
- Hannaford distribution workers launch strike
- Governor LePage upset justice no longer wants to retire
- Details emerge about accused rapist after court appearance
- Brigadier General speaks to Maine Legislature
- Grant will boost Americorps training
- Head of Maine State Police is taking on a new job
- Verdict is expected in Fournier trial on Thursday
- US Embassy in Montenegro attacked with grenade, prompting security scare
- Tucker Carlson Tonight - Wednesday, February 21
- African asylum seekers facing expulsion have embraced Israel
- Blinded investigator to Indonesia graft fighters: Stay brave
- Inmate who raped, killed pregnant woman seeks stay of execution in Texas
- Los Angeles sheriff's deputy accused of forcing inmates to engage in sex acts
- Swingers club in Florida being sued in connection with fatal crash
- Venezuelan pastor fills presidential void left by opposition
- Russia's foreign minister criticizes West's policies in Balkans
- Judge Andrew Napolitano: Mueller’s Russian indictments are only the beginning – Americans could be next
- Retired NYC sanitation worker makes $285K a year from pension
- Woman who cared for Florida gunman reportedly wants to control his inheritance
- Kansas woman reportedly sued by bank after ATM dished out $100 bills instead of $5s
- Woman in affair that brought down ex-GOP Rep. Murphy announces House run
- Teacher arrested after police say they found seven pounds of date rape drug in his apartment
- Pennsylvania GOP leaders ask Supreme Court to block redrawn congressional map
- Pat Boone: Instead of prayer in schools, there is violence
- Sarah Palin: Billy Graham understood God is the only answer
- Kate Middleton Rubs Shoulders With Anna Winter & Stella McCartney At Fashion Event
- R. Kelly Has Been Evicted From Two Atlanta Homes Over $30K In Unpaid Rent
- Katherine Heigl Shows Off Post-Baby Body 14 Months After Giving Birth To Son Joshua
- Ciara Shares Sweet First Father-Daughter Photo Of Russell Wilson & Baby Sienna
- 'Saturday Night Live' Alum Colin Quinn Shares Update After Valentine's Day Heart Attack
- Kourtney Kardashian Reveals She Outweighs Her Son Mason By Just 36 Pounds
- Hilary Duff Mourns Her Beloved Dog In Heartbreaking Goodbye Post
- Fergie Speaks Out Following Her NBA All-Star Game Performance: I 'Honestly Tried My Best'
- Jennifer Lawrence Stuns In Dior At The 'Red Sparrow' European Premiere
- Aaron Rodgers & Danica Patrick Share A Kiss At Daytona 500
- Cardi B Dances To Her Hit 'Bartier Cardi' While Snacking At The NBC All-Stars Game
- Ansel Elgort Is An Uncle: See The Sweet Photo Of Him & His Niece
- North Korean cheerleader accidentally claps for the Americans, report says
- Russian curler caught doping to return Olympic bronze medal
- Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban fined $600G for tanking comments
- Rick Pitino says Louisville should sue NCAA over vacated wins, title
- US figure skaters suffer rough falls during women's short program in Winter Olympics
- Canadian skier Chris Del Bosco suffers possible pelvis injury after serious crash at Winter Olympics
- Mark Cuban under fire following expose alleging rampant sexual misconduct in Dallas Mavericks workplace
- Team USA men's hockey eliminated in shootout in Olympic quarterfinals
- Lindsey Vonn earns bronze in likely last Olympic downhill
- North Korean skater disqualified after falling in Olympic pre-heat; some onlookers claim dirty play
- Louisville to vacate 2013 basketball title as sex scandal punishment
- Russian curler Alexander Krushelnitsky tested positive for Winter Olympics doping, ROC says