Some products for sale included jewelry and carvings...but the hot item: baskets...and for these families, it's a knowledge that is passed down from generation to generation
The presents will be distributed to more than 500 hundred area youth, from newborns to teens, on December 15th.
The space, which has cost about $20,000, formed in conjunction from the Friends of the Bangor Dog Park and the Bangor Recreation and Parks Department.
The 17-year-old is graduating this spring.
With one album already under her belt, she's got her sights set on the future.
With help of Grammy-award winning pianist, Paul Sullivan, Rosie says the CD has allowed her to explore multiple vocal styles.
BANGOR - A new business is open on Columbia Street in downtown Bangor....and its purpose is whatever you make it out to be.
Cospace is a blank slate, an area for locals to rent and use for dinners, business meetings, parties, or anything else you can think of.
Co-owners and husband and wife team Joshua Schmersal and Anne Schmidt will also feature a different local artist along the walls of Coespace each month.
Rentals are $25 per hour, and for more information or to book some time, search Coespace on Facebook.
A national study out this week argues that climate change will do serious damage to winter tourism economies, including Maine's, unless government does something about it.
But some major players in Maine's winter tourism arena aren't sold on the study or its conclusions.
Maine Ski Association executive director Greg Sweetser says Maine's snowfall has never been predictable and he questions the political nature of the study funded by the National Resources Defense Council and a California-based group called Protect Our Winters.
Maine Snowmobile Association executive director Bob Meyers says he's skeptical about what he calls the sweeping generalizations of the study, although he admits that last winter's warmer temperatures led to a 30-percent drop in snowmobile licenses in Maine.
The Gulf of Maine Research Institute suggests four tiers of commercial licenses, each with different amounts of allowed traps.
For the last nine years now, the big guy had a helper here in Bangor, to make sure every local child wakes up with a gift from their list on Christmas day.
Skip Young has organized the Greater Bangor area Toys for Tots drive for nearly a decade. Starting out collecting toys in his garage...to now a vacant Brewer shop next to Hannaford...he's made sure Santa delivered presents to tens of thousands of local children.
But his tireless efforts come at a price. Skip hasn't seen his grandchildren in months. That's why this year, will be his last.
You can step up and support those struggling families, by donating non-perishable food at Bangor's Sam's Club.
- Newport Cultural Center to create a community courtyard
- Local organization helping people with tax prep
- Winter White Out event to help people settle into their new homes
- EMMC reduces visitors during flu outbreak
- 2018 Girls High School tournament games on FOX 22 and ABC 7
- Maine rangers and wardens visit a bear family in their winter den
- 2nd annual Winter Fest a big success
- Maine businesses push for work visas
- Maine State Troopers practice active shooter drills with high school
- "Moms Demand Action" meets monthly
- International day of the polar bear
- Snowmobile accident killed father and son
- Maine individual high school bowling tournament
- Welcome to housing winter white out event
- North Korea's failed Olympians hope to avoid dangerous consequences
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court issues new congressional map, which could benefit Dems
- Pennsylvania court redraws congressional districts
- Three very different candidates vie for Mexico's presidency
- President Trump tweets latest thoughts on Russia probe
- The Latest: Most evacuations over California wildfire end
- Blac Chyna sex tape a 'criminal matter' according to her lawyer
- Free concealed carry classes offered to teachers by Ohio sheriff in wake of Florida shooting
- Nikolas Cruz appears in court as survivors demand action
- Minnesota's $5B case over 3M chemicals heads to trial
- Hungary is last front against 'Islamization' of Europe, prime minister says
- Texas teen accused of setting her dad up to be carjacked at gunpoint
- Michelle Obama tweets 'Black Panther' review, but it takes two tries
- Model who helped bring down Harvey Weinstein will return to the runway for Fashion Week
- Fergie admits national anthem performance was kind of a mess
- Trump asks why Obama didn't 'do something about Russian meddling'
- Carnival Cruise Line investigating its security team after 'bloodbath' brawl gets 23 ejected
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court issues new election map
- Jimmy Kimmel Calls On Congress, Trump To Take Action Against School Shootings: 'Children Are Being Murdered'
- Janelle Monae's Album Trailer Will Air Before 'Black Panther' In Theaters
- Chadwick Boseman, Tiffany Haddish, Greta Gerwig Named 2018 Oscar Presenters
- 'Bachelor In Paradise' Stars Evan Bass and Carly Waddell Welcome Baby Girl, Isabella!
- Prince Harry Has An Absolute Blast With Kiddos As He Serves Food At Their School
- Jennifer Aniston & Justin Theroux Separate After 2 Years Of Marriage
- 'Riverdale's Camila Mendes Shares Her Condolences With Her Hometown Parkland & Victims Of The Mass Shooting There
- Christina Aguilera Poses Nude For Sexy & Soapy Instagram Pics
- Amy Schumer Tells Fans She's Not Pregnant After Surprise Wedding
- Bode Miller Apologizes After Joke Suggesting Marriage Caused Skier's Downfall
- Nicole Kidman, Lupita Nyong'o, Michael B. Jordan & More Stars Pack The Front Row At Calvin Klein At NYFW
- Hugh Jackman Share's A Super Sweet Wedding Picture With Wife Deb In Honor Of Valentine's Day
- First Olympian to win skiing medal for UK was born in US
- Wallace tops Daytona 500 speed chart in final practice
- Auburn player Anfernee McLemore suffers gruesome leg injury
- Four NHL hockey fans kicked out over racist comments toward player
- Lindsey Vonn responds to Twitter trolls after failing to medal at Olympics
- Be like Michael Jordan? Not at Air Force Academy
- US Olympic skier Gus Kenworthy quips broken thumb means he won't be able to shake Pence's hand
- Cubs' Anthony Rizzo returns home to Parkland, FL after shooting
- Massachusetts hockey coach accused of sexually abusing 8 children, including 6-year-old
- German figure skating pair sets record in gold medal win
- American Mikaela Shiffrin charges to gold in giant slalom
- Barstool Sports co-host Patrick Connor fired by KNBR after calling Olympian a 'hot piece'