their decision could have a far reaching effect on fishermen on the New England
may just shorten the shrimp season as it has done several times in the past few
from the Academy Foundation of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
grants this year.
the percentage of young people with jobs is the lowest since World War Two.
finds about 82-thousand Mainers aged 16 to 24 say they have jobs.
Association will meet this morning to see where they might be able to cut more
than a half-million dollars from the school district's current budget.
cutting the overall budget by seven-percent.
85-million for years beginning in 2010.
days off for teachers and staff.
trapped under a large transparent dome with no way out.
The topic was human rights at a University of Maine lecture earlier today, the first in a internationally-focused lecture series.
CISV USA's Maine chapter welcomed El-Fadel Arbab, a survivor of the Sudanese genocide.
Arbab escaped from Darfur when he was 12.
He now lives in Portland, working there as an advocate to end the Sudanese atrocities.
CISV Maine's next UMaine lectue is scheduled for the 2013 Spring semester.
Upon searching his vehicle police found crack cocaine, and later both heroin and over $3,000 in cash in his home.
He is also being held for probation violation and a previous drug conviction.
Some of Bangor's historic homes were on display this weekend as part of the annual "Homes for the Holidays" Christmas tours.
Five homes located on West Broadway and Thomas Hill Road opened their doors to the public Saturday afternoon, with proceeds benefitting Saint John's Episcopal Church.
Decorative themes varied from house to house, reflecting homeowners' unique tastes.
Guests took in each home's architectural heritage, amid a seasonal atmosphere- enjoying refreshments and festive music.
The Maine Air National Guard's 101st Air Refueling Wing in Bangor is now under new leadership.
Colonel Doug Farnham was installed as the wing's new Commander at a base ceremony this weekend.
The wing also received a Meritorious Unit Award, Saturday, for its support of combat operations.
The first U.S. based Guard unit to receive the honor.
Farnham succeeds Colonel John D'errico who will become the Air Guard's next Chief of Staff, based in Augusta.
Farnham, who's been with the Guard for 21 years, is taking charge of nearly 900 people, and 16 units assigned to the 101st.
- State releases unclaimed property list
- Fatal Franklin accident under investigation
- PUC launches inquiry in wake of wind storm
- Easton head on crash sends three to the hospital
- BBB warns of gift card scam
- Americans expected to spend less on gifts this year
- Issues with state's new unemployment computer system
- Bangor council continues marijuana debate
- Minor injuries in Brewer 2 car accident
- Garland barn was leveled in late night fire
- Sen. Collins speaks out against Roy Moore
- Hepatitis A is on the rise in Maine
- Arrested protesters speak out
- Local reaction to Times Square explosion
- Driver killed in truck crash
- People gathering signatures for a "peoples veto"
- UPDATE: East Machias robbery leads to officer-involved shooting
- Early morning accident in Portage slows traffic on Route 11
- Explosion injures four in Manhattan
- Cop taunts would-be killer with lube on way to prison: 'You are going to need a lot of this'
- Dog shoots hunter after another hunter leaves shotgun on ground
- FBI's McCabe 'has an Ohr problem,' will not testify on Tuesday, source says
- Pedophile stopped at Sydney Airport by anti-sex tourism law
- Washington Post reporters barred from Roy Moore election night party
- Alabama Senate election: Jones takes lead over Moore, voter analysis shows
- 'Double standard' in Port Authority suspect's family?
- Gillibrand a sex scandal hypocrite?
- The Story w/ Martha MacCallum - Tuesday, December 12
- Tucker: We're moving to standard where accused means guilty
- Evidence mounting that Russia probe is tainted?
- 3 Florida men charged in shark-dragging video
- Lawyers clash over impact of Trump's rules on birth control
- AP Exclusive: Sold NKorean brides face hard choices in China
- Venezuelan judge orders Utah man be tried on weapons charges
- Alabama Senate election: Too early to project winner as polls close in race between Roy Moore and Doug Jones
- Trump Jr. asks for investigation into leaks of House panel interview
- Naked man crashes into truck, runs in traffic, jumps on vehicles near DC airport
- Disney and Pixar's 'Coco' Tops Box Office For Third Time
- 2018 Golden Globe Award Nominations: See The Full List
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi, Rob Lowe And More Stars Evacuate Their Homes As Fires Rage
- Hannibal Buress Arrested On Intoxication Charge
- Kylie Jenner's Cosmetic Facilities Are Shut Down Due To The Fires In Southern California
- Sarah Hyland & Wells Adams Gear Up For The Holidays By Getting A Christmas Tree
- Jessica Alba Shares Cute Photos From Her Baby Shower
- Pixar's 'Coco' Tops Box Office Again
- Scott Disick & Sofia Richie Pack On The PDA In Miami
- Jana Kramer Reveals She Suffered A Miscarriage: 'It's A Silent Struggle'
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Has An Out Of This World Los Angeles Premiere
- Prince William & Prince Harry Chose Sculptor For Princess Diana Statue
- Dolphins DT Jordan Phillips sounds off on Patriots center David Andrews
- Thunder's Paul George expects to be jeered in return to Indiana
- Dallas Marathon winner crosses the finish line -- with a teen's timely assist
- Dallas Marathon runner wins race with help from teen
- Steelers take top spot in AP power rankings
- Chiefs CB Marcus Peters returns from one-game suspension
- Playing for pride: Buccaneers try to reverse regression, finish disappointing season on high note
- Rays acquire infielder Ryan Schimpf from Padres
- Meet Pacers Gaming, the PS&E entry in the new NBA 2K League
- Blues place Pietrangelo on IR, recall Schmaltz from San Antonio
- Cleveland Indians minor league clubhouse manager dies during Browns game
- Mike Matheson comes up clutch in OT, lifting Panthers past Red Wings