Dunkin Donuts plans on donating $10,000, which will be kept for local cancer research.
Officers say the call came in at around 2:30 this afternoon. The male suspect, wearing all-black and a ball cap, approached a pharmacy technician and demanded drugs.
The man then fled on foot, in the direction of the Laundry Basket on Husson Avenue.
Officer Jason Linkletter and his K9 would later pick up a scent...trailing the suspect through Bradford Commons, and into the Bangor Gardens.
Fast forward to 3:00: a man fitting the suspect's description was seen running down Falvey Street, where an officer was positioned. That's when law enforcement moved in and made the arrest.
LISBON - Developing news tonight out of Lisbon, as state police say skeletal remains, found there this afternoon, may be those of a Lewiston woman who disappeared last year.
State Police Spokesman Steve McCausland says the remains may be those of 22 year-old Christiana Fesmire, who went missing in July of 2011.
McCausland says the remains were discovered at around 1:00 p.m. along a trail, not far from the intersection of Wagg and Ferry roads.
Just last month, a jury convicted Buddy Robinson of murdering Fesmire. The two had worked together at a Lewiston call center.
Meanwhile, the remains found today will be transported to the medical examiner's office in Augusta for identification.
BANGOR - Earlier today, Bangor Police utilized their K9 unit to apprehend a man who officials say robbed an area pharmacy, and subsequently fled the scene, late this afternoon.
The call came in at approximately 2:30 p.m. The suspect, described as a male wearing a black sweatshirt, black pants, and black ball cap, approached the pharmacy inside Walgreens, demanding drugs.
The man fled the scene on foot, in the direction of the Laundry Basket on Husson Avenue. Bangor police officer Jason Linkletter and a department K9 picked up a trail through Bradford Commons, and into the Bangor Gardens.
Then, just before 3 p.m., a male suspect fitting the description of the robber was seen running down Falvey Street, where another officer was sitting watch. The man was taken into custody, and police were seen gathering evidence at the scene.
"We don't have an account or an amount, or even what it is exactly," says Sgt. Paul Kenison. "But initially the call stated that he did leave the store with some pills and pill bottles, and there were some of those recovered that were on his person."
Initial reports indicate there may have been a note passed to the pharmacist, that implied the threat of a weapon, although none was brandished.
A domestic dispute in Bangor yesterday resulted in the arrest of one man, and assaults on two officials.
24-year-old Anthony King of Bangor was arrested after the department's Bangor Housing Liaison received a report of domestic abuse.
When an officer and mental health liaison attempted to put him in handcuffs, he resisted and became violent.
King punched and kicked the officer and liaison several times, before finally succumbing to arrest after he was threatened with a tazer.
He was taken to the Penobscot County Jail and charged with a number of crimes including Felony Assault on a Police Officer.
An additional officer reported injuries during the arrest and transport of King.
- Hampden historical society Christmas Bazaar fair
- Workout for water
- Senator Collins visits Fourteenth Street School
- Two men arrested on arson charges
- New species of wasp found in Maine
- Annual "Tozier's Turkey Trek" in Bucksport starts Sunday
- Maine Secretary of State files complaint against election commission
- Unity crash sent two people to the hospital
- Brewer house fire under investigation
- Former employee arrested for fires at Lincoln mill
- Study shows migraines may help body
- Missing Rangley man found in Massachusetts
- NYC terror attack: Halloween horror would have been much worse without top notch NYPD
- NYC terror suspect Sayfullo Saipov: Who is he?
- Democratic group pulls ad targeting Virginia governor hopeful Ed Gillespie's supporters
- Zimbabwe's Robert Mugabe dismissed as country's leader
- Country music legend Mel Tillis dead at 85
- British sailor dies in round-the-world yacht race after swept overboard in rough seas
- North Korea on 'aggressive schedule' in developing ballistic missile submarine, report says
- Car plunges into gorge killing 5 in Pakistan
- Florida church warns at every door 'we are heavily armed'
- 102-year-old survivor reunites with newly discovered nephew
- Rep. Frederica Wilson says Gen. Kelly should 'apologize to nation'
- FBI releases 1971 letter that D.B. Cooper sleuth says could be from notorious hijacker
- Pieces of once-mighty NY bridge get new life in rural towns
- Syria: IS militants defeated in final stronghold
- Some firsts among 32 US students picked as Rhodes scholars
- Woman swipes cancer research jar from Connecticut liquor store, police say
- India passenger train hits, kills 2 endangered Asian elephants
- Saudis, allies discuss Iran ahead of Arab League meeting
- 'Titanic' Sailing Back Into Theaters For One Week
- Rose McGowan Plans To Plea 'Not Guilty' On Virginia Drug Charge
- Beyoncé & Jay-Z Are Enjoying Their Trip To Miami
- Taylor Swift's 'Reputation' Has Already Sold Over 1 Million Copies
- Taylor Swift's Surprise 'Tonight Show' Performance Leaves Jimmy Fallon In Tears
- Shakira Postpones Tour After Suffering Vocal Cord Hemorrhage
- Tracee Ellis Ross To Host The American Music Awards
- Hundreds Rally In Support Of Imprisoned Rapper Meek Mill
- Alec Baldwin Settles Lawsuit Against New York Art Dealer
- Jason Aldean Says He Hopes For Healing After Las Vegas Shooting
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Shares Update On Puerto Rico Relief Efforts
- Amazon Has Acquired The Global Television Rights To "The Lord Of The Rings," Based On The Fantasy Novels By J.R.R. Tolkien, With A Multi-Season Commitment
- CIF Southern Section alums (very) prevalent at Coliseum during Trojans' victory over Bruins
- Shula Bowl blowout: FAU crushes FIU for 9th straight victory
- Magic thrashed by visiting Jazz as losing streak runs to 4 straight
- Cardiac 'Canes: Miami reels off 30 unanswered points to beat Virginia
- Taking flight: McKenzie Milton accounts for 5 TDs as Knights dismantle Temple
- FSU tops 30 points for 1st time this season in dominating rout of Delaware State
- Cowboys' Jerry Jones apologizes for racial remark in video
- Buccaneers QB Jameis Winston accused of groping Uber driver
- Whiteside double-double helps Heat narrowly avoid blowing 25-point lead
- Gabby Douglas says women should 'dress modestly' in response to sex abuse claims by Aly Raisman
- Brady, Patriots excited to play in Mexico City
- Buccaneers' Jameis Winston denies allegation he groped Uber driver