Wednesday, 20 February 2013 08:12
Portland - A Portland man who allegedly robbed a bank yesterday didn't have long to enjoy his loot. Portland Police say 49-year-old Joseph Blais was apprehended about ten minutes after he fled from the KeyBank at One Monument Square with a thousand dollars at around 2 p.m. yesterday. Police say they found Blais at the corner of Cumberland Avenue and Chesnut Street, still dressed in the same clothes and in possession of a thousand dollars wrapped in a bank band. Blais is being held on a 15-thousand dollar bond and will make his first court appearance Friday.
Tuesday, 19 February 2013 18:21
AUGUSTA - Gun control, a controversial topic. However, if there is one thing lawmakers can agree on, that is preventing the names of gun owners being public information.
On Tuesday, Lawmakers joined together to support LD 576.
A resolve to protect concealed handgun permit information on a temporary basis.
Tuesday, 19 February 2013 17:39
PRESQUE ISLE - An Aroostook county man is dead after a four-vehicle crash in Presque Isle.
Tuesday, 19 February 2013 17:25
Tuesday, 19 February 2013 17:17
Tuesday, 19 February 2013 14:32
BANGOR - Senator Susan Collins paid a visit to the Bangor Rotary Club today, and the topic of discussion was the national debt.
Tuesday, 19 February 2013 11:15
Bangor - It's that time of year again...when the American Red Cross invites you to chill out and fill their need for blood donations while you have the chance to get your gas tank filled.
Tuesday, 19 February 2013 11:11
Bangor - A group of youngsters at the Good Samaritan Agency got quite the reward this morning after working hard to collect supplies for the Bangor Humane Society.
Tuesday, 19 February 2013 08:41
Augusta - An emergency bill before the state legislature would put a temporary moratorium on the public's right to see to concealed weapons permit data.
Tuesday, 19 February 2013 08:38
Orono - University of Maine graduate students are working to end potato blight.
Tuesday, 19 February 2013 08:33
Augusta - Bangor lawyer M. Ray Bradford, Junior will fill the unexpired term of Penobscot County Probate Judge Allan Woodcock.
Tuesday, 19 February 2013 08:23
Brewer - The Brewer Housing Authority is issuing a second request for bids for a new community center after its first attempt got proposals that were all above budget.
Monday, 18 February 2013 17:57
PORTLAND - A Maine journalist is receiving national recognition for a series of reports that looks into the rise of virtual schools throughout the state.
- Fire destroys a home in Eddington
- Maine celebrates its non-profit organizations
- Indivisible Bangor holds rally in support of Dreamers
- Three men arrested for robbery incident
- Women's business group in Bar Harbor holds its first meeting
- Blanket drive hopefully will keep Bangor's homeless warm
- Man wanted for Millinocket murder makes first court appearance
- Better Business Bureau releases list of top scams
- Bangor Police Department offering reward for information in homicide
- Fun shopping event in Ellsworth being held this weekend
- Crews continue to clean up after Kennebec River floods
- Skowhegan Police offering businesses safety tips after recent burglary arrest
- Two transferred to hospital after crash
- Somesville road damaged during flooding
- Ice jam reported along Penobscot River in Eddington
- New Hampshire man arrested for patronizing prostitution
- Tucker Carlson Tonight - Tuesday, January 16
- Pakistani police: Suicide bomber targets officer in Karachi
- Blaze Bernstein's alleged killer told authorities he was kissed on lips
- 2 Koreas talk about Olympic cooperation ahead of IOC meeting
- Wichita police review video that appears to show employee shove referee, report says
- House conservatives: GOP's plan to evade government shutdown doesn't have enough party support
- Argentines try to understand why the pope won't return home
- The Latest: N. Korea to send delegation to Paralympics
- Pope goes to restive area in Chile where churches are burned
- 'Assassination of Gianni Versace' filming left Ricky Martin in tears
- San Jose mom, 40, dies days after coming down with flu, reports say
- FEMA: Hawaii didn't need approval to retract missile alert
- Thai court drops royal insult charges against academic
- Man who fled Hawaii psychiatric hospital pleads not guilty
- Ingraham: Liberal stunts vs. conservative solutions
- Death of hockey player, 10, was flu-related, health official says
- Hawaii woman claims boyfriend suffered heart attack after false ballistic missile alert
- Pope meets with abuse survivors, weeps with them in Chile
- Jamie-Lynn Sigler Welcomes Her Second Child With Husband Cutter Dykstra
- Timothee Chalamet To Donate Salary From Upcoming Woody Allen Film To Charity
- Dolores O'Riordan Death Is Not Being Treated As Suspicious According To British Police
- 49th NAACP Image Awards: All The Moments You May Have Missed
- 49th NAACP Image Awards: Complete List Of Winners
- Catherine Zeta-Jones Says Husband Michael Douglas Supports #MeToo Movement
- Aziz Ansari Responds To Sexual Misconduct Allegations
- Access' Natalie Morales Shares Recipes From Her Cookbook, 'At Home With Natalie: Simple Recipes for Healthy Living'
- Ashley Judd Praises James Franco For His 'Terrific' Response To Allegations
- Police Say Dennis Rodman Was Arrested On Suspicion Of Driving Under The Influence
- Hulu Unveils 'Handmaid's' S2 Release Date & Confirms 'Catch-22' Project With George Clooney
- 'Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle' Roared The Loudest At The Box Office Earning $27 Million This Weekend
- Magic outplay Timberwolves to end losing skid
- Former Boston Celtics great Jo Jo White dies at 71
- Drew Brees plans on returning to Saints next season
- Doug Pederson emerges from Class of 2016 NFL coaches
- Resilient Vikings have taken their cue from Zimmer
- Royals' Duffy pleads guilty to DUI charge
- Police called after Rockets players use secret door to confront Clippers in locker room: reports
- FSU's 2nd-half push comes up short on road against Boston College
- Heat guard Goran Dragic named Eastern Conference Player of the Week
- Heat lose Tyler Johnson to ankle injury, have win streak snapped with loss to Bulls
- Bluesrecall Dunn, Barbashev and Thompsonfrom AHL
- Vikings win epic battle with Saints on insane walk-off