Authorities say a woman received burns over 50 percent of her body after a fire erupted in Hampden.
Crews were called to the home on Main Road-north around 11:30 Wednesday night. They discovered that a fire was burning in an apartment connected to the house. 37 year old Jennifer Seekings was burned during the fire and apparently had to jump from a second story window to escape. Fire investigators that it was started by either a candle or a cigarette. Seekings was transported to a hospital in Boston for treatment. No one else was hurt and the fire damage was contained to the apartment. The home is owned by Seekings mother.