CARIBOU - The National Weather Service expects a winter storm traveling northeast to start dumping snow on Maine tomorrow morning, bringing up to 16 inches to some areas before it ends early Friday.
FREEDOM, N.H. - A man from Maine is under arrest in connection with a Christmas Eve shooting in Freedom, New Hampshire.
BANGOR - For many, Christmas day is a time for family and friends to come together and spend time with their loved ones. However, for others it can be a darker time of year. So Manna Ministries pulled together to shine some light on those in need.
Hundreds of people gathered at the Bangor rec center Tuesday afternoon to take part in a very Manna Christmas.
Between a delicious Christmas meal, a singing Santa, and gifts being passed around to children young and old a like, it certainly made for a joyous occasion. Manna however, does understand that Tuesday's festivities mean more than quick meal and some holiday cheer.
It is a message of love and care to those in need, and while many may not be able to afford their own gifts and holiday meal, they are grateful that Manna is there to step in... treating all attendees with dignity and respect.
BANGOR - Christmas day means a lot of good food, but it doesn't always have to be homemade.
While many people do stay home for the traditional Christmas meal, others chose to dine out. Picking some of their own favorite restaurants in Bangor that were still open today. Enjoying a less traditional, but still very filling meal with family and friends.
They say it is better than having to cook and clean a whole meal, and that afterwards they still get together at someones home for dessert, play games, and be merry.
Happy China Buffet, Dysart's, and Oriental Jade, as well as some other Bangor favorites, were all open today serving hungry customers.
Auburn - The Christmas display vandals destroyed two weeks ago is back up in Auburn's Sullivan Square. Members of the United New Aurburn Association say they were heartbroken when vandals trashed the display, but people in the community donated hundreds of dollars and lots of holiday decorations and the display is back in place in time for Christmas. The association's Ken Blais says so many decorations were donated that members couldn't put them all up this year, but that the display will be even bigger next year. Twenty-two-year-old Joshua Philbrook of Auburn and 23-year-old Nicholas Ayer of Lewiston are charged with criminal mischief in the destruction of the original display.
Anyone traveling the Maine Turnpike can take advantage of free coffee being offered by the Turnpike Authority and concession operator HMSHost. The free coffee will be offered between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m. on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day at all five Turnpike Service Plazas. The MTA is expecting between 500-thousand and a million vehicles to travel the Turnpike between December 22nd and Christmas Day.
Bangor - It was a community gathering today at one Bangor church, celebrating fellowship while sharing in a Christmas dinner.
The Breaking Bread Soup Kitchen and Food Pantry located in the Apostolic Lighthouse Church on Hammond Street, fixed a holiday meal for hundreds. It's become an annual tradition, after they fed over 500 people last year.
The pantry invited all walks of life, to celebrate good tidings.
The pantry invited all walks of life, to celebrate good tidings.
After dinner, participants were welcomed upstairs to take part in Christmas caroling, and children, were given presents.
Orono - The State Fire Marshal's Office says two men have been found dead in a burned out house after an early morning fire in Orono.
Officials says the victims of the deadly fire are believed to be brothers...49-year-old Cris Davis of Milford, and 47-year-old Randy Davis, the owner of the house where the fire took place. The blaze was discovered shortly after 3 a.m. on Hillside Road. The one and a half story building was completely destroyed-- extinguised about an hour after crews responded.
A team of Fire Marshal investigator's lead by State Fire Marshal Joe Thomas, was on scene Sunday morning investigating the cause...which they believe originated in the chimney, as it was not lined.
The two men's bodies will undergo autopsy at the State Medical Examiner's Office on Monday. One man's body was found on the second floor and the other man was located in the first floor living room. Investigators say the two brothers and a friend were out drinking Saturday night and were driven home by a taxi. The friend then had the taxi continue on to his home in Bangor. There had been concern early on that the friend might have also perished in the fire, since his vehicle was in the Davis' driveway.
Crews from Orono, Old Town, Milford, and Bangor all responded. There were no working smoke detectors in the house. This is the second deadly fire in the greater Bangor area in the past two months where smoke detectors were a factor.
- Winter Family Day at Hirundo Wildlife Refuge
- Musical Fundraiser to Remember Guy Mitchell Jr.
- Adjust Your Clocks - Check Your Batteries
- Local Groups Support Gender Equality
- Samuel Moore Makes Court Appearance
- James Taylor to Perform at Cross Insurance Center
- Meth bust in Central Maine
- International Women's Day
- Canadian Energy Board Approves Reversal Plan for Oil Pipeline
- Vietnam says it can't find object thought to be from missing Malaysia Airlines jet
- Blood test could predict risk of Alzheimer's disease, dementia in elderly
- Biden rejects Venezuelan 'aggression,' says nation is concocting 'bogus' stories
- Cartel head killed four years after being reported dead, Mexico says
- Malaysia Airlines mystery shines light on passport database
- FBI, authorities launch task force after DNA lead reignites interest in decades-old cold case
- Bill 'Wild Bill' Guarnere, of 'Band of Brothers' fame, dies at 90
- Atheists want iconic 17-foot cross removed from 9/11 museum
- Richard Faulkner, World War II veteran, awarded Purple Heart after declining honor 70 years ago
- 25 students injured after stage falls in California
- ‘Penicillin Girl’ Genean Hixon dies at 82
- '300' sequel tops box office with $45.1M debut
- Detroit Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Snowden claims he raised concerns about NSA internally 10 times before leaking documents
- Sexy packaging has high schools shifting gears on condom giveaway
- Family of Malaysia Airlines passenger Philip Wood comforted by victim's faith
- 'DWTS': NeNe Leakes Says She Wants to Lose 20lbs!
- First Look: Meet the New 'Annie'!
- Top Beauty Trends from Oscar Red Carpet
- Oscar Champ Jared Leto's 30 Seconds to Mars News!
- WATCH: Brooke Anderson Undergoes JLaw Makeover!
- Lupita's Hair Stylist On Her Iconic Oscar 'Do
- The Last 'Hours' of Paul Walker Were His Finest
- Get Styled By Joe Zee and QVC!
- Pharrell Reveals His Album Muse: Women!
- Margulies Reveals She’s a Max Raabe 'Groupie'
- John Travolta Breaks Silence on Idina Menzel Flub
- 'Little Couple' In India To See Adopted Daughter
- Teresa and Joe Giudice Plead Guilty
- WATCH: Miley Kisses Female Fan!
- 'The Chew' Host Daphne Oz Reveals Baby Name
- Lea Michele Is All for Her Own 'Glee' Spin-Off
- Djokovic advances, Berdych ousted at Indian Wells
- Minnesota Rep. Pat Garofalo's NBA tweet called racist, prompts hundreds of responses
- Warriors fend off Suns for fourth straight win
- South Dakota State makes the Summit League semifinals with 71-50 win over Western Illinois
- Carter scores twice as Kings notch seventh straight win, 4-2 over Oilers
- Kane scores in Buffalo homecoming, and Toews seals Blackhawks' 2-1 win over Sabres
- NCAA seeding no concern to Bo Ryan after No. 9 Wisconsin loses 77-68 to surging Cornhuskers
- Curry has 18 points and 9 assists and Lee scores 26 as Warriors beat Suns 113-107
- Rogowski, Podkowa score 17 apiece in No. 25 DePaul's 78-54 win over Georgetown in quarters
- Shootout goals from Oshie, Steen lead Blues over Wild 3-2
- Thornton leads Nets over Kings
- Harden has 41, Lin adds 26 as Rockets rally for 118-113 OT win over Trail Blazers
- Ellis, Harris score 20 apiece as Mavs extend Pacers' season-long skid to 4 with 105-94 win
- Southern California rallies past Oregon State 71-62 for Pac-12 women's title
- Blues beat Wild for fifth straight win
- Kings remain hot, continue dominance over Oilers