Newport - The school budget saga continues tonight down in the Newport area -- RSU19, to be exact. Residents at a special budget meeting last night voted to place a multi million dollar loan on the district-wide ballot for a third time.
That means on Friday, March 8th voters will weigh in on a $2.8 million loan request. Superintendent Greg Potter says failure to secure the loan this time around will lead to number of complications.
Now, a series of informational meetings will begin tonight.
• Corinna, 7 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 26, at Corinna Elementary School.
• Palmyra, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 27, at Palmyra Community Center.
• Hartland, 7 p.m. Monday, March 4, at Hartland Consolidated School.
• Etna and Dixmont, 7 p.m. Tuesday, March 5, at Etna-Dixmont School.
• St. Albans, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, March 6, at St. Albans Consolidated School.