GREENFIELD TOWNSHIP - Fire officials say the smart decision to close off doors in a residence that caught fire helped isolate the blaze and aid in a quick knockdown.
Milford, Old Town and Bradley Fire Departments on the scene in Greenfield Township where a mobile home on Crocker Turn Road caught fire just before three Monday afternoon.
Officials say they arrived to smoke pouring out of the laundry room where the blaze originated from.
"When they realized that they did in fact have a fire, they shut the doors on the residence, backed out and called 911," Chief Chris Matson, of the Milford Fire Department, says. "It definitely slowed the fire down and allowed us to knock it down."
Officials say the cause is likely from the dryer or some sort of electrical issue.
There was extensive damage to the exterior wall of the laundry room along with the room itself.
No one was injured.
Karina joined the WVII ABC 7 and WFVX FOX Bangor News team in March of 2013. Raised as part of a military family, she likes to consider Massachusetts as her "home-base". Karina graduated from Suffolk University located in Boston, Massachusetts where she majored in Communications. From January 2012 to July 2012, Karina was a student reporter for New England Cable News (NECN) and would take part in a live shot every Tuesday for The Morning Show, covering topics from current events to the "Trophy Town" teams.
Karina also has a huge passion for sports. While in college she interned for New England Sports Network (NESN) as a “NESN Daily” intern, as well as the TD Garden, working in the control room for the Bruins and Celtics games. Also as a former college softball player, she loves staying active and looks forward to trying some of the sports the Bangor area has to offer!
ABC 7/FOX 22 Bangor
(207) 945-6457 X 3118