Burned Electrical Wire Behind Cause of Carmel House Fire

CARMEL - The cause of the Monday house fire in Carmel has been determined.

 

Carmel Fire Chief Matthew Hoffman says a burned electrical wire in the first floor ceiling started the fire.

 

Hoffman says the wire went from the furnace room on the first floor to the second floor and somehow became damaged and started to burn.

 

The damage to the wire is so severe that the cause of the burn cannot be determined.

 

Karina Bolster

Anchor/Reporter
[email protected]

Karina joined the WVII ABC 7 and WFVX FOX Bangor News team in March of 2013. Raised as part of a military family, she likes to consider Massachusetts as her "home-base". Karina graduated from Suffolk University located in Boston, Massachusetts where she majored in Communications. From January 2012 to July 2012, Karina was a student reporter for New England Cable News (NECN) and would take part in a live shot every Tuesday for The Morning Show, covering topics from current events to the "Trophy Town" teams.

Karina also has a huge passion for sports. While in college she interned for New England Sports Network (NESN) as a “NESN Daily” intern, as well as the TD Garden, working in the control room for the Bruins and Celtics games. Also as a former college softball player, she loves staying active and looks forward to trying some of the sports the Bangor area has to offer!

Karina Bolster
ABC 7/FOX 22 Bangor
(207) 945-6457 X 3118

back to top

What's On Tonight

Fox Bangor

8:00 PM

So You Think You Can Dance

10:00 PM

Fox 22 News at 10

11:00 PM

Law & Order: Criminal Intent

WVII

8:00 PM

The Middle

8:30 PM

The Goldbergs

9:00 PM

Modern Family

9:31 PM

Modern Family

10:00 PM

Motive

11:00 PM

ABC 7 News @ 11

11:35 PM

Jimmy Kimmel Live

Latest Tweets