Morning Fire Starts in Chimney, Destroys Farmhouse

Stockton Springs - The sound of a baby's cries may have been what saved seven people from a house fire early this morning.
 
Fire crews from Stockton Springs, Searsport, and Prospect responded to 230 Main Street at around 7 o'clock this morning.  Officials say the blaze, which completely demolished the old farmhouse, started in the chimney, first setting fire to the attic, taking crews nearly 4 hours to extinguish.
 
Officials believe the home is insured.  The Red Cross in Belfast is helping the family with a place to stay.
Erin Thomas

Reporter
[email protected]

Erin joined the ABC-7 and FOX Bangor news team in February 2012. She was born and raised in Presque Isle, Maine where she attended Presque Isle High School.  While in college Erin interned in the WVII news room before working as a Production Assistant.  In May of 2012, Erin received her Bachelor of Arts in Journalism from the University of Maine, along with a minor in Anthropology.  When she's not out covering local news, Erin enjoys running, skiing, visiting with family and friends, and traveling around this beautiful state.  She is especially interested in outdoor adventure so if you have a story idea, send it her way!

Video Biography

  • Social Links:
back to top
Get the App on the Google Play Store

What's On Tonight

Fox Bangor

7:30 PM

College Football: Oklahoma at West Virginia

11:00 PM

Fox 22 News at 10

WVII

8:00 PM

College Football: Clemson at Florida State

11:30 PM

Leverage

Latest Tweets