Fire Destroys Northport Home

NORTHPORT -  An early morning fire has left a Northport home destroyed. 

Crews from Northport, Belfast, and Lincolnville responded to a blaze on Shore Road just after 2:30.

 

Fire Chief Michael Alley says the homeowners had started a fire in their chimney before stepping out.

 

When the couple returned home, the residence was already engulfed in flames.

 

Alley adds hanging trees were an issue and power lines needed to be cut in order for them to respond.


Luckily no one was hurt.

Jaclyn Cangro

Reporter
[email protected]

Jaclyn Cangro joined WVII ABC 7 and WFVX Fox 22 in September of 2013. She was raised in suburban New York and graduated cum laude from Emerson College with a Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism in 2013.

While at Emerson, she won the 2012 New England Emmy Award for Best College Newscast as co-executive producer. She was also nationally ranked by the Sportscasters Talent Agency of America (STAA) as one of the Top 20 Sports Broadcasters in the country, being one of two females on the list.

When not on the air, she enjoys watching and rooting for the New York Mets and New England Patriots.

She’s excited to explore all Maine has to offer! If you have any story ideas, contact her at [email protected] or tweet her @jaclyncangro.

 
back to top

What's On Tonight

Fox Bangor

6:30 PM

NASCAR Racing: Sprint Cup in Richmond

WVII

8:00 PM

Last Man Standing

8:31 PM

Last Man Standing

9:00 PM

Shark Tank

10:01 PM

20/20

11:00 PM

ABC 7 News @ 11

11:35 PM

Jimmy Kimmel Live

Latest Tweets