Knox Man Found Dead in Garage

KNOX - Tragedy in Knox this Christmas Eve where police say a man has died, likely from carbon monoxide poisoning.

The body of 50 year old Timothy Woods was found in a detached garage on his Morse Road property.

 

Police say family members discovered his body 15 minutes after he'd gone inside to refill a generator with gasoline.

 

State police say this is the first suspected carbon monoxide death in Maine from the ice storm.

 

This incident has police stressing the importance of operating generators and alternate sources of heat, safely.

 

  • The following tips are from the Maine Emergency Management Agency:
  • Place generators outdoors, and at least 15 feet away from windows and doors. Kerosene heaters should be used in well ventilated rooms and in-door gas cooking stoves should not be used for heat.

 

Jaclyn Cangro

Reporter
[email protected]

Jaclyn Cangro joined WVII ABC 7 and WFVX Fox 22 in September of 2013. She was raised in suburban New York and graduated cum laude from Emerson College with a Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism in 2013.

While at Emerson, she won the 2012 New England Emmy Award for Best College Newscast as co-executive producer. She was also nationally ranked by the Sportscasters Talent Agency of America (STAA) as one of the Top 20 Sports Broadcasters in the country, being one of two females on the list.

When not on the air, she enjoys watching and rooting for the New York Mets and New England Patriots.

She’s excited to explore all Maine has to offer! If you have any story ideas, contact her at [email protected] or tweet her @jaclyncangro.

 
back to top

What's On Tonight

Fox Bangor

8:00 PM

Hell's Kitchen

9:00 PM

American Idol

9:30 PM

Surviving Jack

10:00 PM

Fox 22 News at 10

11:00 PM

House

WVII

8:00 PM

Grey's Anatomy

9:00 PM

Grey's Anatomy

10:00 PM

Scandal

11:00 PM

ABC 7 News @ 11

11:35 PM

Jimmy Kimmel Live: Behind the Scandalabra

Latest Tweets