BANGOR - Thunderstorms rolled into the Bangor area with force Wednesday night, lighting up the sky, and striking one home not far from the waterfront.
Bangor Fire responded to 74 Patten Street to a vacant second story apartment, where, upon arrival, a small fire was burning behind a gas stove.
Crews were able to knock the flames down quickly, then turned off the gas in the apartment.
Residents say it was a deafening sound, pictures falling off walls from the impact, and even some saying it sounded like a bomb.
No one was injured in the fire.
Karina joined the WVII ABC 7 and WFVX FOX Bangor News team in March of 2013. Raised as part of a military family, she likes to consider Massachusetts as her "home-base". Karina graduated from Suffolk University located in Boston, Massachusetts where she majored in Communications. From January 2012 to July 2012, Karina was a student reporter for New England Cable News (NECN) and would take part in a live shot every Tuesday for The Morning Show, covering topics from current events to the "Trophy Town" teams.
Karina also has a huge passion for sports. While in college she interned for New England Sports Network (NESN) as a “NESN Daily” intern, as well as the TD Garden, working in the control room for the Bruins and Celtics games. Also as a former college softball player, she loves staying active and looks forward to trying some of the sports the Bangor area has to offer!
ABC 7/FOX 22 Bangor
(207) 945-6457 X 3118