Monday, 06 November 2017 17:36

Family continues searching for missing Skowhegan woman Featured

Written by 

SKOWHEGAN - Family members say they won't stop until they find their sister Tina.

The search continues for a Skowhegan woman who's been missing since May.

"We'll take anybody's help," said Tonia Stadig, who's been searching for her missing sister.

Nearly six months have passed, and still no sign of Tina Stadig.

"She has a history of disappearing for short period of time, but always stayed in contact with her family. This time she did not," said Sgt. Joel Cummings, Deputy Chief of the Skowhegan Police Department.

The 40 year old Skowhegan woman's family reported her missing in July.

"Up to that point, she had been missing about four weeks, so we got involved late," said Sgt. Cummings. "We've made attempts to locate her, retrace her steps."

Her family says she had been battling substance abuse and mental illness.

But so far, no conclusive leads have turned up. And Tina's sisters are still looking for answers.

"We're hoping that, whether she's with us or not with us, that somebody notifies if they have information," said Tonia.

"They want to bring her home in any way possible," said Chris Clark, of Maine Missing Persons.

Tina's family recently met with Maine Missing Persons to help keep the search alive.

"When you don't have that info out there, people tend to forget about it, but the family doesn't forget about it," Clark said.

Tina's sisters are working to make sure the public doesn't forget either.

"We will be putting up missing persons posters in Skowhegan, Canaan and Madison"

The family - doing their best to stay hopeful they can bring Tina home.

"I want to know where she is, I just want her home," said Tonia. "I just want her home."

Anyone who may have information about Tina's whereabouts should contact the Skowhegan police at 474-6908. Tina is 5-foot-2 inches tall, with brown hair and hazel eyes. She may be carrying a backpack and trash bag with her belongings. She may have been last seen trying to get a place to stay at the Bangor Homeless Shelter, but police have been unable to confirm those reports.