Monday, 17 July 2017 10:15

Woman dies in St. Albans camper fire Featured

Written by 
Woman dies in St. Albans camper fire

ST. ALBANS - A Saturday morning fire in St. Albans claimed the life of a 48-year-old woman.


That's the word today from the Maine State Fire Marshall's Office.

 

At around 6 a.m., passerby noticed smoke from a camper parked in the driveway at 910 Corinna Road in St. Albans.

 

First responders failed to revive the woman, who was identified as Connie Bailey of West Newfield.

 

The fire started when a burning candle ignited a nearby blanket, according to an investigator.