Thursday, 20 April 2017 12:08

A La Mexicana Restaurant damaged in fire Featured

Written by 
A La Mexicana Restaurant damaged in fire

RAYMOND - A restaurant fire in Raymond caused a big section of Route 302 to close Wednesday afternoon.

Firefighters were called to a three alarm fire at "A La Mexicana" restaurant around 2:30 p.m.

 

The Raymond Fire Chief, Bruce Tupper said they believe it started in the kitchen and quickly spread to the attic. Only employees were in the building at the time and everyone was able to make it out safely.

 

The chief added part of the problem in battling this fire was many Raymond crews were already busy fighting another fire. He said "All our manpower and equipment is tied up and particularly we were on an island in the middle of a lake so we're bringing equipment back and forth by a boat to be able to put the fire out on the island."

 

Firefighters in Raymond stated they know this building well, they battled another fire in this same building back in 2007 when it was a different restaurant.