41 year old Alex Gray was arrested Sunday by Old town Police. They had been asked by Portland police to pick him up and transport him to Augusta where he was transferred to another vehicle and brought to jail. Gray is accused of getting into an altercation with his 32 year old girlfriend and knocking her to the floor early Sunday morning. She claims he bashed her head numerous times into the hardwood floors and choked her. She was then brought to a hospital for treatment. Gray was initially charged with aggravated assault which is a felony. It has since been reduced to the misdemeanor charge of domestic violence assault. Gray has since been released on bail. We've reached out to Gray for comment, but were told he's unavailable. .
Founder of Waterfront Concerts arrested FeaturedWritten by Craig Colson
PORTLAND-Portland Police confirm the founder of the Waterfront Concert Series in Bangor was arrested over the weekend following a domestic violence incident.
Craig Colson became news director and anchor at WVII ABC 7 and WFVX Fox Bangor in December of 2012. He began his career in broadcasting in 1985 while working as a news photographer at another Bangor television station. Craig worked his way up through the ranks and became the main anchor for the nightly newscasts before leaving in 2009. At that point, he became news director for four local radio stations and delivered the morning news before taking on his current position.
Craig grew up in a "news family" and followed in the footsteps of his father who was also a news director and anchor. His brother is also a news photographer at a Boston television station.
Craig's career has brought him all over-reporting from everywhere from Washington D.C. to Red Square in Moscow, Russia. When he isn't reporting the news, Craig can be found taking on new adventures with his two daughters or exploring the coast of Maine in his kayak. His other passion is making furniture in his shop or just about anything involving the outdoors.
- Bill proposed to attract filmmakers to Maine
- "Death With Dignity" bill passes through Maine House
- Searsport man arrested on kidnapping and assault as well as other charges
- Town of Machias is looking forward to Margaretta Days
- Local Eagle Scout honored in Bucksport
- Police identify Belgrade shooting suspects
- Bangor fundraiser dinner gives back to woman known for her generosity
- Dakota the sled dog could get a second chance
- Rockland Police seeking help in solving hit and run case
- Embden man arrested on multiple drug charges
- Accused Bangor killer arrested in Ohio
- Senator Collins speaks out on Russia, the FBI, and healthcare
- Giacomos reopens
- Child killed by car in school parking lot
- 6th Annual Team Mimi's Softball Tournament
- Car show for a cause
- Facebook founder visits Maine
- Police bust Medway meth lab
- Maine Criminal Justice Academy holds graduation of 58 new officers
- Ariana Grande Concert Explosion: UK police say attacker detonated IED, death toll at 22
- Residents in Manchester offer those stranded #RoomforManchester
- Massive slide covers stretch of iconic California highway
- Ariana Grande responds to concert attack, says she's 'so so sorry,' reportedly suspends world tour
- Geraldo: Pity the parents who don't know fate of their child
- DHS says 'no specific credible threat' to music venues in US
- Ariana Grande concert attack: At least 19 killed, 59 hurt in 'terrorist incident'
- Ariana Grande concert explosion: What we know
- Ariana Grande concert blast: Manchester Arena was packed with her young fans
- Ariana Grande concert 'has the workings of jihadist terrorism': former US law enforcement officials
- White House official ties Manchester blast to 2013 UK terror attack
- Rogan: Manchester has repeatedly come up on terror radar
- Ariana Grande concert explosion: Witness describes being '30 seconds' from tragedy
- Ariana Grande concert attack: At least 19 killed, 50 hurt in 'terrorist incident'
- Grenell: We need to look to leaders clear-eyed about terror
- Farage: We had been lulled into complacency
- UN envoy: Liberation of Mosul 'imminent,' IS days numbered
- Trump budget to cut Medicaid, food stamps -- put 'taxpayer first,' officials say
- Katy Perry Confirmed To Join 'American Idol' Judging Panel: I'm 'Honored & Thrilled'
- 'iZombie': What's Next After The Cure Memory Reveal
- 'iZombie': What's Next After The Cure Reveal
- Peyton Manning To Host 2017 ESPY Awards
- Harry Styles To Star In Solo Carpool Karaoke, Dodges Kendall Jenner Joke
- 'Scandal' Ending After Season 7; Shonda Rhimes Says They'll Leave 'Nothing On the Table'
- 'Roseanne' Returning To ABC In 2018
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Producers Tease Season 4 Finale Drama
- Jimmy Kimmel Set To Return As Oscars Host For Second Year In A Row
- ABC Reveals 2017-2018 Schedule: New 'Dancing' & 'Bachelor' Spin-Offs & 'Little Mermaid' Live Show
- Bon Jovi Surprises College Grads & Guests With Impromptu Commencement Performance
- Zac Efron To Play Serial Killer Ted Bundy In Upcoming Biopic
- Vikings' Zimmer to take time off after latest eye surgery
- Pitcher hits 1 of Rockies' 4 HRs in 6-4 win over Reds
- Renaissance Man Myron Rolle, former NFL safety and Rhodes Scholar, gets degree in neurosurgery
- Cardinals activate Peralta, option Sierra to Double-A Springfield
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. on Nicky Hayden: Hes an incredible person
- Weaver set to start Padres' opener vs. D-backs
- Michael Waltrip after testing Goodyear's Option tires: 'They will go away in a hurry'
- Kobe Bryant dishes an assist to test-weary Indy high schoolers
- UCF's Tacko Fall works out with Magic, remains unsure of draft decision
- Toronto Blue Jays' Kevin Pillar suspended two games for using anti-gay slur
- Ben Rhodes shares text exchange with Kyle Busch after heartbreak at Kansas
- Rams' shared stadium with Chargers delayed a year