41 year old Alex Gray was arrested Sunday by Old town Police. They had been asked by Portland police to pick him up and transport him to Augusta where he was transferred to another vehicle and brought to jail. Gray is accused of getting into an altercation with his 32 year old girlfriend and knocking her to the floor early Sunday morning. She claims he bashed her head numerous times into the hardwood floors and choked her. She was then brought to a hospital for treatment. Gray was initially charged with aggravated assault which is a felony. It has since been reduced to the misdemeanor charge of domestic violence assault. Gray has since been released on bail. We've reached out to Gray for comment, but were told he's unavailable. .
Founder of Waterfront Concerts arrested FeaturedWritten by Craig Colson
PORTLAND-Portland Police confirm the founder of the Waterfront Concert Series in Bangor was arrested over the weekend following a domestic violence incident.
Craig Colson became news director and anchor at WVII ABC 7 and WFVX Fox Bangor in December of 2012. He began his career in broadcasting in 1985 while working as a news photographer at another Bangor television station. Craig worked his way up through the ranks and became the main anchor for the nightly newscasts before leaving in 2009. At that point, he became news director for four local radio stations and delivered the morning news before taking on his current position.
Craig grew up in a "news family" and followed in the footsteps of his father who was also a news director and anchor. His brother is also a news photographer at a Boston television station.
Craig's career has brought him all over-reporting from everywhere from Washington D.C. to Red Square in Moscow, Russia. When he isn't reporting the news, Craig can be found taking on new adventures with his two daughters or exploring the coast of Maine in his kayak. His other passion is making furniture in his shop or just about anything involving the outdoors.
- King speaks out against Senate Health Care Bill
- Crash in Westfield caused when woman wanted a pic of a bear
- Man run over by police cruiser during chase
- Composite Lodge donates a building that will be used to educate children
- Bangor Pride Week ends with parade and festival on Saturday
- State of Maine made a video to help people prepare for their drivers test
- Lifeguard training starts this week because Bangor pools open Saturday
- UPDATE: Coast Guard calls off search for kayaker
- Deer Isle woman dies in Sedgewick crash
- Jessica Briggs murder update possible connection to serial killer
- Opioid prescription law takes effect July 1st
- Lawmakers vote to extend session to continue working towards budget agreement
- UPDATED: Authorities name Lincoln man that died in accident involving explosives
- Hampden Historical Society launches capital campaign
- "Kickball Fun Day" this Saturday will help children and young adult with developmental challenges
- Pittsfield boil water order for Monday
- Audio Available: Coast Guard, Canada, partner agencies search for a possible missing kayaker off Maine
- Penquis CAP celebrates 50 years in Maine
- 7 amazing things your smartphone's camera can do
- Ricocheted bullet meant for dog killed teen boy, authorities say
- Pamela Des Barres on being the world's most famous groupie: 'I had to fight for myself'
- Trump says Comey-Mueller friendship 'bothersome'
- North Korea denies torturing American detainee Otto Warmbier
- Supreme Court could reveal action on travel ban at any time
- Iran holds annual anti-Israel rallies, displays missiles
- Qatar's neighbors issue steep list of demands to end crisis
- Cindy expected to drench Tennessee, Kentucky, West Virginia
- The pain and gain of Brexit vote: British economy a year on
- Russia fires missiles from Mediterranean at IS in Syria
- AP Analysis: Could Trump push a partial Mideast deal?
- Car bomb in southwest Pakistan kills at least 11, wounds 20
- Missing Navy sailor found in ship's engine room reportedly faces court-martial
- Taliban leader: Afghan war will end only when NATO leaves
- Police: Man faces charges after stealing more than 500 signs
- S. Korean leader observes missile test amid North's threats
- New Zealand newspaper names all drunk drivers on front page
- Oscar Winner Daniel Day-Lewis Is Retiring From Acting
- Prodigy Of Hip-Hop Duo Mobb Deep Dies At 42
- 'Bachelor In Paradise' Review Declares No Evidence Of Misconduct, Show Will Resume Production
- Dave Chappelle Will Host Rihanna's Diamond Ball; Kendrick Lamar To Perform
- 'Jumanji' Sequel Stars Jack Black & Nick Jonas Pay Tribute To Robin Williams
- John Legend Postpones Concert Dates Due To Illness: 'I Will Get Healthy'
- Miles Teller Released After Being Arrested On Suspicion Of Public Intoxication
- Adele Visits London Firefighters Following Grenfell Tower Fire
- Paris Jackson Stuns On Vogue Australia Cover
- Carrie Fisher Autopsy Report Reveals Late Actress Had Multiple Drugs In Her System
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Gets Premiere Date
- 'American Ninja Warrior': Watch Kacy Catanzaro's Qualifier Run (Exclusive Sneak Peek)
- NBA Draft: Philadelphia 76ers select Markelle Fultz No. 1 overall
- Sonoma remembered: Dale Jr. felt father help him from flaming crash
- Philadelphia Flyers hold special day for man attacked by teens
- Packers' Guion charged in Hawaii with intoxicated driving
- Lindor homers, Carrasco strikes out 10 in Indians' 5-1 win over Orioles
- Suns prepare for No. 4 pick while trade rumors swirl -- as usual
- Fleury leads Vegas Golden Knights' expansion draft choices
- Home or road doesn't matter when Cookie's on for Tribe
- Cristiano Ronaldo, Jose Mourinho caught up in Spain tax scandal
- Potential Wolves draft pick profile: Trade the pick
- Reds look to build momentum from win vs. Rays
- Schebler, Gennett help Reds top Rays 7-3, end 9-game skid