41 year old Alex Gray was arrested Sunday by Old town Police. They had been asked by Portland police to pick him up and transport him to Augusta where he was transferred to another vehicle and brought to jail. Gray is accused of getting into an altercation with his 32 year old girlfriend and knocking her to the floor early Sunday morning. She claims he bashed her head numerous times into the hardwood floors and choked her. She was then brought to a hospital for treatment. Gray was initially charged with aggravated assault which is a felony. It has since been reduced to the misdemeanor charge of domestic violence assault. Gray has since been released on bail. We've reached out to Gray for comment, but were told he's unavailable. .
Founder of Waterfront Concerts arrested FeaturedWritten by Craig Colson
PORTLAND-Portland Police confirm the founder of the Waterfront Concert Series in Bangor was arrested over the weekend following a domestic violence incident.
Craig Colson became news director and anchor at WVII ABC 7 and WFVX Fox Bangor in December of 2012. He began his career in broadcasting in 1985 while working as a news photographer at another Bangor television station. Craig worked his way up through the ranks and became the main anchor for the nightly newscasts before leaving in 2009. At that point, he became news director for four local radio stations and delivered the morning news before taking on his current position.
Craig grew up in a "news family" and followed in the footsteps of his father who was also a news director and anchor. His brother is also a news photographer at a Boston television station.
Craig's career has brought him all over-reporting from everywhere from Washington D.C. to Red Square in Moscow, Russia. When he isn't reporting the news, Craig can be found taking on new adventures with his two daughters or exploring the coast of Maine in his kayak. His other passion is making furniture in his shop or just about anything involving the outdoors.
- Skowhegan senior center expanding
- Lincoln town manager resigns
- Belgrade man indicted for federal bank robbery charges
- "Me Too" social media campaign allowing people to share similar experiences
- Newlywed wife dies in Durham accident
- Orland house fire sends woman to hospital
- Marijuana regulation law has some advocates crying foul
- University of Maine at Machias now offering debt reduction plan
- Dover-Foxcroft lawmaker changes political party
- Acadia Hospital releases first video in a series geared towards teens and children
- Orono votes to extend marijuana moratorium
- Senator Mike Thibodeau announces bid for Maine Governor
- Maine State Treasurer Terry Hayes has officially kicked off her campaign for governor
- The wreckage has been cleared along a stretch of interstate in Pittsfield
- Week 2 of Anthony Sanborn hearings
- Reports: Marilyn Manson injured during New York concert
- Teacher, 36, accused of sex romp with teen boy student at private school
- Jeff Sessions testifies on Comey, Russia investigation at Senate hearing -- live blog
- UN judges to deliver verdicts next month in Mladic trial
- Chip and Joanna Gaines had to 'beg' people to be on 'Fixer Upper'
- Las Vegas guard Jesus Campos surfaces on Ellen DeGeneres' show
- Woman sentenced for framing husband's ex as stalker
- 2 men get 100-plus year sentences for violent home robberies
- Memorial set for US site where British surrendered in 1777
- Fighting kangaroos attack each other in vicious brawl captured on video
- Trump says Dem rep 'fabricated' account of call to soldier's widow, has 'proof'
- Lawmakers scramble to save ‘virtually dead’ ObamaCare
- 'Tourniquet Killer' Anthony Shore, who terrorized Texas woman, finally set to die
- 'Tourniquet Killer' Anthony Shore, who terrorized Houston area, set to die
- NASA says evidence for 'Planet Nine' is mounting
- Trump says Comey 'totally protected' Clinton, swipes at DOJ as new documents confirm claims
- Shirley Manson recalls disastrous Garbage audition, infamous see-through dress
- Journalists torpedo Trump drug nominee over bad bill, but how did it ever pass?
- Crikey! Steve Irwin's Family To Return To Animal Planet 11 Years After His Death
- Usher Sings Karaoke With Ludacris & Stevie Wonder At His 39th Birthday Party
- Julianne Hough & Brooks Laich Share Sweet Wedding Snaps From Their Ceremony
- Paul Wesley and Phoebe Tonkin Break Up After Four Years of Dating
- 'DWTS' Disney Week Is Rocked By Shocking Elimination
- Elton John Will End His Caesars Palace Residency Next Year
- Mel B Flaunts Her Fabulous Abs While On A Tropical Vacation – See The Pics!
- Molly Sims Shares Delicious Recipes From Her New Book 'Everyday Chic: My Secrets For Entertaining, Organizing, and Decorating at Home'
- Louis Tomlinson’s Son Freddie Looks Just Like Him — Check Out The Fan Reactions!
- Sources Say 'Suits' Star Meghan Markle Has Not Quit The Show Yet
- Ed Sheeran Wears a Cast After He Gets Hurt In London Bike Accident
- Nick Jonas & Demi Lovato Congratulate Joe Jonas On Engagement
- McKayla Maroney, Olympic gold medalist, says doctor molested her
- American swimmer takes a knee. Could athlete protests impact upcoming Winter Olympics?
- Gordon Hayward breaks ankle during Celtics-Cavaliers game
- Judge blocks Ezekiel Elliott's 6-game suspension
- NFL, players leave door open on kneeling during national anthem
- Louisville basketball coach Rick Pitino fired following corruption, fraud investigation
- National anthem protests: Florida man takes 'Boycott the Jags and the NFL' message to sky
- Tokyo's 1964 Olympic flame went out four years ago, report says
- Chargers edge Raiders on Novak's late field goal
- Al Michaels apologizes for comparing Giants to Harvey Weinstein
- Colin Kaepernick files grievance accusing NFL owners of collusion
- Green Bay Packers' Aaron Rodgers could miss rest of season with broken collarbone