It has been confirmed WABI-TV in Bangor has been sold to the Gray Broadcasting Company. It's purchasing it from the station's parent company, Diversified Communications, for $85 million dollars. As part of the deal, Gray Broadcasting will own both WABI and its sister station WCJB in Gainesville, Florida. WABI was Maine's first television station. It has been owned by the Hildreth family since going on the air in 1953. It's unclear what changes people can expect under the new ownership. The deal is expected to be finalized in the coming weeks.
BREAKING: WABI is sold to Gray Broadcasting Co. FeaturedWritten by Craig Colson
BREAKING: Bangor-Maine's oldest television station has a new owner.
Craig Colson became news director and anchor at WVII ABC 7 and WFVX Fox Bangor in December of 2012. He began his career in broadcasting in 1985 while working as a news photographer at another Bangor television station. Craig worked his way up through the ranks and became the main anchor for the nightly newscasts before leaving in 2009. At that point, he became news director for four local radio stations and delivered the morning news before taking on his current position.
Craig grew up in a "news family" and followed in the footsteps of his father who was also a news director and anchor. His brother is also a news photographer at a Boston television station.
Craig's career has brought him all over-reporting from everywhere from Washington D.C. to Red Square in Moscow, Russia. When he isn't reporting the news, Craig can be found taking on new adventures with his two daughters or exploring the coast of Maine in his kayak. His other passion is making furniture in his shop or just about anything involving the outdoors.
- Program aids immigrants in becoming citizens
- Two county men hit same moose in seperate vehicles
- Carmel woman indicted in arson case
- Maine fire crews fighting fires in Montana are getting valuable experience
- Four people indicted in deadly meth lab incident
- Lincoln couple indicted on meth lab charges
- Deadly accident in Oxford under investigation
- President tweets that transgender people will not be allowed to serve in military
- Legislative committee agree on tax amount for recreational marijuana
- BBB warning about scammers calling your phones
- 23rd Annual Block Party held at Chapin Park
- Partners for Peace searching for volunteers
- Poliquin won't support repeal of ACA without "viable replacement"
- House fire contained quickly despite tricky terrain
- Virginia law will give drug addicts clean needles
- Catholic men's conference in crosshairs of left-wing activists
- Lawyer for Wasserman Schultz' ex-IT aide: Fraud count might be 'placeholder' for more charges
- Ohio State Fair accident spurs other fairs to close 'Fire Ball' rides
- Dentures left at scene lead to Tennessee man's rape conviction 16 years later
- Senate committee holds hearing on Russian influence on US election -- live blog
- Tensions flare between Scaramucci, Priebus amid leak allegations
- Scaramucci blasts 'felony' leak of his financial info, but denies targeting Priebus
- Sarah Palin to subpoena two dozen New York Times staffers in lawsuit
- Fran Drescher recalls cancer diagnosis: 'Don’t trust anybody with your life'
- Congress close to deal on funding for nearly broke VA program
- Russia used fake Facebook accounts to target Macron campaign, report says
- Arizona man gets 68 years in Bundy standoff case
- Amber Rose tells all about Kanye West breakup: 'The only thing I got from him was fame'
- Ohio tragedy latest in string of US amusement park mishaps
- Ray Romano had no desire to star in a sitcom again after 'Everybody Loves Raymond'
- Kid Rock tables US Senate run, stresses voter registration
- Jury says Michael Jackson's estate owes Quincy Jones $9.4 million
- 'Wonder Woman' Sequel Sets 2019 Release Date
- MTV VMAs 2017: Kendrick Lamar, Katy Perry, The Weeknd & More Among Top Nominees
- Disney Parts Ways With YouTube Star Jake Paul
- Justin Bieber Cancels The Rest Of His Purpose World Tour Over 'Unforeseen Circumstances'
- Linkin Park Issues Statement On Chester Bennington's Death: 'Our Hearts Are Broken'
- 'Dunkirk' & 'Girls Trip' Win At The Box Office
- Michael Phelps Loses To Simulated Shark In 'Shark Week'
- 'Stranger Things' Creators Drop Surprise Trailer Season 2 At Comic-Con
- John Heard Has Died At Age 72
- Justin Bieber Won't Be Invited To Perform In Beijing
- Princess Diana Honored At Buckingham Palace Exhibit 20 Years After Her Death
- Linkin Park Singer Chester Bennington Has Died In His Home Near Los Angeles
- Vikings' Bridgewater to talk to media following move to PUP list
- Dolphins safety Reshad Jones will start camp on active-non-football injury list
- Jaguars defensive end Dante Fowler Jr. apologizes following arrest
- Experiment with shorter inning breaks does little to speed up Cards-Rockies game
- Cobb stifles Orioles as Rays finish off homestand with series win
- Cardinals recall RHP Mayers to replace Waino on 25-man roster
- Cespedes leads Mets past Padres 6-5
- Double-switch delay, Dodgers derail Twins in 6-2 loss
- Brewers hit trio of homers to back Davies' strong start
- Royals get pitchers Cahill, Maurer, Buchter from Padres
- Lucky Whitehead has shoplifting charges dropped after police acknowledge mistake
- DeGrom wins 8th straight start, Mets hold off Padres 5-3