It has been confirmed WABI-TV in Bangor has been sold to the Gray Broadcasting Company. It's purchasing it from the station's parent company, Diversified Communications, for $85 million dollars. As part of the deal, Gray Broadcasting will own both WABI and its sister station WCJB in Gainesville, Florida. WABI was Maine's first television station. It has been owned by the Hildreth family since going on the air in 1953. It's unclear what changes people can expect under the new ownership. The deal is expected to be finalized in the coming weeks.
BREAKING: WABI is sold to Gray Broadcasting Co. FeaturedWritten by Craig Colson
BREAKING: Bangor-Maine's oldest television station has a new owner.
Craig Colson became news director and anchor at WVII ABC 7 and WFVX Fox Bangor in December of 2012. He began his career in broadcasting in 1985 while working as a news photographer at another Bangor television station. Craig worked his way up through the ranks and became the main anchor for the nightly newscasts before leaving in 2009. At that point, he became news director for four local radio stations and delivered the morning news before taking on his current position.
Craig grew up in a "news family" and followed in the footsteps of his father who was also a news director and anchor. His brother is also a news photographer at a Boston television station.
Craig's career has brought him all over-reporting from everywhere from Washington D.C. to Red Square in Moscow, Russia. When he isn't reporting the news, Craig can be found taking on new adventures with his two daughters or exploring the coast of Maine in his kayak. His other passion is making furniture in his shop or just about anything involving the outdoors.
- Sen. King opposes new EPA leader
- Etna man dead in snowmobile crash
- "Fuel Your Love" campaign suprising customers with free fuel
- Three Bangor individuals charged with kidnapping
- No charges after police respond to local Walmart
- Woodland Pulp Mill employees treated for gas exposure
- UPDATED: Mass chemical exposure incident at Baileyville Mill
- Washington County arrest of two in drug charges
- Bill seeking to change referendum signature process
- Senators King and Collins speak out about Russian influence on election
- Protect your heart while shoveling snow
- Snowblower sales and repairs up
- BREAKING: WABI is sold to Gray Broadcasting Co.
- Fairfield fire destroys home
- Atrium leaking at Bangor Public Library preventing further add ons
- Bangor discusses moving Community Connector hub
- Cities argue cuts to revenue sharing
- Residents say the Emmaus Center is more than a home
- Ted Cruz reportedly says nuclear option is on table in Supreme Court pick
- Japan spokesman: Trump criticism of currency policy off base
- Celebrities, pundits react to Trump's Supreme Court nominee
- Union-backed Ronald Vitiello named to lead Border Patrol
- Senator: Army Corp told to approve Dakota pipeline easement
- Owner, charity liable in building collapse that killed 6
- Up to 6 inches of rain to inundate Northern California into Tuesday
- Trump to meet with 4 possible candidates for national security adviser
- McCain defends the media in NBC interview
- Pakistani police say 5 militants killed in counter-terrorism raid
- Police: Man shot by officer after opening fire near zoo dies
- Southern California rain eases; north facing renewed storm
- Montana officials alarmed as they fight surge in meth use
- Trump returns to campaign mode, rallying supporters, attacking foes, promising a greater America
- Milo Yiannopoulos, Larry Wilmore go head-to-head on 'Maher'
- Firefighters knock down blaze at California oil refinery
- Amid Russia concerns, Comey's closed-door Hill visit results in uncanny silence among lawmakers
- States in US West mark 75th anniversary of internment order
- Kate Upton Lands Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue Cover
- Katy Perry, Ed Sheeran To Play iHeartRadio Music Awards
- Ricki Lake Reveals Ex-Husband Christian Evans Has Died: 'He Is Finally At Peace'
- Harrison Ford Has Jet Run-In At California Airport (Report)
- Valentine's Day: Romantic, Touching & Adorable Posts From P!nk, Reese, The Obamas & More
- Hugh Jackman Shows Off Bandaged Nose After Cancer Treatment
- Rachel Lindsay Named 'The Bachelorette'
- Amber Rose Breaks Silence On Val Chmerkovskiy Split & That Wiz Khalifa Kiss
- Camila Cabello On Why She Left Fifth Harmony & Getting 'Boy Advice' From Taylor Swift
- Princess Diana Documentary Miniseries On The Way In August
- 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Honors Beyoncé In Season 3 Teaser
- Laverne Cox Apologizes To Metallica For Leaving Their Name Out While Introducing Their Performance With Gaga
- Meyers Taylor edges Humphries for gold at bobsled worlds
- Uncertainty over Vikings stadium leadership after dustup
- Tsonga beats Berdych to reach World Tennis Tournament final
- Massimino, Webber among Hall of Fame finalists
- Olympic biathlon champ Russia wins men's relay world title
- Olympic biathlon champion Russia wins relay world title
- Friedrich leads Kripps at halfway stage of bobsled worlds
- Mihara wins Four Continents with strong free skate
- Uncertain future for Vikings stadium after suite dustup
- Lincoln 1st non-league team in FA Cup last 8 since 1914
- Danish badminton great Kops dies at age 80
- Rumford leads heading into match play at Super 6 in Perth