The bill would delay the implementation of the new law until February of 2018 to give the state more time to prepare. Maine voters approved a referendum that will allow for retail shops and social clubs to sell marijuana. It would also allow people to use the drug for personal use. The proposed moratorium would give the state more time to draft regulations that sell legal pot. There's also a concern that law enforcement needs more tools to handle people who operate vehicles while under the influence of pot. The bill will be refered to the Veterans and Legal Affairs Committee for consideration.
Lawmakers agree on marijuana moratorium FeaturedWritten by Craig Colson
AUGUSTA - Legislative leaders have agreed on a moratorium on legalized marijuana.
Craig Colson became news director and anchor at WVII ABC 7 and WFVX Fox Bangor in December of 2012. He began his career in broadcasting in 1985 while working as a news photographer at another Bangor television station. Craig worked his way up through the ranks and became the main anchor for the nightly newscasts before leaving in 2009. At that point, he became news director for four local radio stations and delivered the morning news before taking on his current position.
Craig grew up in a "news family" and followed in the footsteps of his father who was also a news director and anchor. His brother is also a news photographer at a Boston television station.
Craig's career has brought him all over-reporting from everywhere from Washington D.C. to Red Square in Moscow, Russia. When he isn't reporting the news, Craig can be found taking on new adventures with his two daughters or exploring the coast of Maine in his kayak. His other passion is making furniture in his shop or just about anything involving the outdoors.
- Poliquin holds veteran advisory panel
- State of Maine to receive settlement from GM
- Day eight of Anthony Sanborn ends
- Man leads police on high speed chase
- Extended foliage season peeks this weekend
- Legislator recommends pot moratorium extension
- Engineering job fair held at UMaine Wednesday
- Bangor Humane Society waiving adoption fees this weekend
- Judge dismisses Governor LePage's lawsuit against Attorney General Mills
- Fire crews save building in Ellsworth
- Crews battle wildfire in Burlington
- Police investigating child's death in Bucksport
- Guilford seeing an economic uptick
- Reports: Marilyn Manson injured during New York concert
- Your brain knows when you've just died, researchers say
- Badger sneaks into home, naps on cat bed
- Shell Nigeria lifts force majeure on Bonny Light exports
- Report: Police informant may have incited Berlin attacker
- Florida man had arsenal, note promising 'bloody revenge'
- Las Vegas shooting details still murky as Mandalay Bay ordered to keep evidence
- Russia hands over fighter jets to Serbia
- Backyard chicken coop trend linked to spike in salmonella cases
- Clinton pitbull, media attack Kelly after Gold Star general defends Trump condolence call
- Europe's easy money taps to be tightened _ very slightly
- Trump: Media 'going crazy' with Wilson's 'total lie' about call to widow
- Google's artificial intelligence computer 'no longer constrained by limits of human knowledge'
- Lynyrd Skynyrd plane crash recalled 40 years later
- Europe's Joey Tempest looks back at 'The Final Countdown' and strangest encounters with fans
- Uncle drowned 6-year-old nephew in bathtub, authorities say
- Coach dismissed after allegedly commanding players to taunt
- Special Report With Bret Baier - Thursday, October 19
- Crikey! Steve Irwin's Family To Return To Animal Planet 11 Years After His Death
- Usher Sings Karaoke With Ludacris & Stevie Wonder At His 39th Birthday Party
- Julianne Hough & Brooks Laich Share Sweet Wedding Snaps From Their Ceremony
- Paul Wesley and Phoebe Tonkin Break Up After Four Years of Dating
- 'DWTS' Disney Week Is Rocked By Shocking Elimination
- Elton John Will End His Caesars Palace Residency Next Year
- Mel B Flaunts Her Fabulous Abs While On A Tropical Vacation – See The Pics!
- Molly Sims Shares Delicious Recipes From Her New Book 'Everyday Chic: My Secrets For Entertaining, Organizing, and Decorating at Home'
- Louis Tomlinson’s Son Freddie Looks Just Like Him — Check Out The Fan Reactions!
- Sources Say 'Suits' Star Meghan Markle Has Not Quit The Show Yet
- Ed Sheeran Wears a Cast After He Gets Hurt In London Bike Accident
- Nick Jonas & Demi Lovato Congratulate Joe Jonas On Engagement
- Dodgers beat Chicago Cubs , advance to World Series
- As Mark Richt elevates Miami, his old school is thriving as well
- Conor McGregor a future WWE superstar? Jim Ross tells Colin Cowherd 'McGregor will earn a massive check from Vince McMahon someday'
- Aaron Hernandez had 'horrendous existence' due to CTE, lawyers say
- Trubisky will try to avoid Peppers as Bears host Panthers
- Bengals-Steelers square up in AFC North matchup
- Jets look to sweep the Dolphins
- Packers' Brett Hundley ready for his shot
- Big Ten increases conference schedule, Happ makes preseason all-Big Ten team
- Antetokounmpo drops 37 in opener, leads Bucks past Boston
- Magic withstand massive game from Hassan Whiteside, beat Heat in season opener
- Aztec hoops preview