The bill would delay the implementation of the new law until February of 2018 to give the state more time to prepare. Maine voters approved a referendum that will allow for retail shops and social clubs to sell marijuana. It would also allow people to use the drug for personal use. The proposed moratorium would give the state more time to draft regulations that sell legal pot. There's also a concern that law enforcement needs more tools to handle people who operate vehicles while under the influence of pot. The bill will be refered to the Veterans and Legal Affairs Committee for consideration.
Lawmakers agree on marijuana moratorium FeaturedWritten by Craig Colson
AUGUSTA - Legislative leaders have agreed on a moratorium on legalized marijuana.
Craig Colson became news director and anchor at WVII ABC 7 and WFVX Fox Bangor in December of 2012. He began his career in broadcasting in 1985 while working as a news photographer at another Bangor television station. Craig worked his way up through the ranks and became the main anchor for the nightly newscasts before leaving in 2009. At that point, he became news director for four local radio stations and delivered the morning news before taking on his current position.
Craig grew up in a "news family" and followed in the footsteps of his father who was also a news director and anchor. His brother is also a news photographer at a Boston television station.
Craig's career has brought him all over-reporting from everywhere from Washington D.C. to Red Square in Moscow, Russia. When he isn't reporting the news, Craig can be found taking on new adventures with his two daughters or exploring the coast of Maine in his kayak. His other passion is making furniture in his shop or just about anything involving the outdoors.
- People boogie for a cause in Old Town
- Easter coming early to downtown
- Learning through LEGOS
- Batman brings Comic Con to Bar Harbor
- 5K runners get astronaut training
- Jonesboro woman pleads guilty to multiple charges
- Scallop distributor reacts to Gulf of Maine closure
- Bangor Drive-In will start the season May 4
- Bangor PD asking for help in locating a man involved in an attack
- New low-cost airline offering flights from California to Spain
- Man shot after forcing his way into a home is now behind bars
- Augusta Sears employees mourn the closing of the store
- Senators Collins and King talk about the London attack
- The 5K that makes you feel like an astronaut
- Veteran forum Saturday to discuss criminal justice system
- Governor fighting Katahdin Woods and Water National Monument
- Man arrested again for stealing power
- Yemen raid yields data on Al Qaeda explosives, official says
- Former Kentucky gov blasts Trump, GOP over ObamaCare claims in Dem rebuttal
- Nicaraguan woman thrown into fire during exorcism, dies
- Watch live: Trump's speech to Congress to tackle ObamaCare, immigration, jobs
- Gold coin in Guinness Book of Records stolen, worth as much as $4.5M
- Val Kilmer can't stop tweeting about Cate Blanchett
- How to wipe your hard drive
- Supervisor: Eurozone bank profits still weak, mergers needed
- China lifts ban on Brazilian beef
- Get a great butt workout with these 5 simple moves
- What's 'invisible baldness'? 6 warning signs you may be at risk
- British, Scottish leaders to meet amid independence dispute
- 22 people killed in 2 road accidents in India
- Morning brief: Kushner to lead White House office of American Innovation
- Expat Turks begin voting in referendum on president's powers
- Poland questions legality of Tusk's EU re-election
- Bulgaria near final results give pro-EU party clear victory
- Rule Britannia: firms bet on British allure to get by Brexit
- 'Mean Girls' Musical Sets World Premiere Dates
- George Clooney Pays Surprise Visit To UK Fan
- Penelope Cruz To Play Donatella Versace In 'American Crime Story'
- 'Wonder Woman' Star Gal Gadot Welcomes Baby No. 2
- 'Big Bang Theory' Renewed For 2 More Seasons
- President Trump's Son Eric To Become A First-Time Father
- Kim Kardashian West Opens Up About Being Robbed In Paris On 'Keeping Up With The Kardashians'
- Katy Perry Talks About Her Sexuality At The Human Rights Campaign 2017 Gala Dinner
- 'Modern Family's' Rico Rodriguez Mourns The Loss Of His Father
- Bella Hadid Vacations In Jamaica: See The Photos
- 'Beauty And The Beast' Tops The Box Office With $170 Million Debut
- Jake Gyllenhaal & Ryan Reynolds On The Friendship They Formed While Filming 'Life'
- March Madness: Men's college basketball Final Four set
- Ducks soar in 6-3 win over Rangers, returning Lundqvist
- Flyers score 4 goals in third, beat Penguins 6-2
- Hutchinson, Lowry lift Jets over Canucks 2-1
- Seguin OT goal keeps Dallas alive in the playoff chase
- Johnson wins Match Play to sweep World Golf Championships
- Germany, England, Poland stay on course in WCup qualifying
- Defoe makes scoring return as England beats Lithuania 2-0
- Johnson, Rahm win to set up powerful title match
- Lewis Hamilton says Mercedes have a fight on with Ferrari in F1 2017
- Gonzaga's national title chance a breakthrough moment
- Rangers remain road warriors with 3-0 win at Kings