The bill would delay the implementation of the new law until February of 2018 to give the state more time to prepare. Maine voters approved a referendum that will allow for retail shops and social clubs to sell marijuana. It would also allow people to use the drug for personal use. The proposed moratorium would give the state more time to draft regulations that sell legal pot. There's also a concern that law enforcement needs more tools to handle people who operate vehicles while under the influence of pot. The bill will be refered to the Veterans and Legal Affairs Committee for consideration.
Lawmakers agree on marijuana moratorium FeaturedWritten by Craig Colson
AUGUSTA - Legislative leaders have agreed on a moratorium on legalized marijuana.
Craig Colson became news director and anchor at WVII ABC 7 and WFVX Fox Bangor in December of 2012. He began his career in broadcasting in 1985 while working as a news photographer at another Bangor television station. Craig worked his way up through the ranks and became the main anchor for the nightly newscasts before leaving in 2009. At that point, he became news director for four local radio stations and delivered the morning news before taking on his current position.
Craig grew up in a "news family" and followed in the footsteps of his father who was also a news director and anchor. His brother is also a news photographer at a Boston television station.
Craig's career has brought him all over-reporting from everywhere from Washington D.C. to Red Square in Moscow, Russia. When he isn't reporting the news, Craig can be found taking on new adventures with his two daughters or exploring the coast of Maine in his kayak. His other passion is making furniture in his shop or just about anything involving the outdoors.
- Man is LifeFlighted after fiery crash in Knox
- Baring home destroyed in fire Monday evening
- Boy Scouts earn badge by viewing eclipse
- Ellsworth town meeting discusses public safety building
- Cause of Winterport fire unknown
- South Carolina man arrested in Bangor stabbing incident
- Belgrade man pleads guilty to multiple charges including sexual assault
- Fatal motorcycle accident puts numbers above last year
- Victim of Searsmont crash was China Fire Chief
- Pittsfield gearing up for Bike Maine event
- Sedgwick to vote on permanent ban on marijuana sales
- Elm Street Block Party celebrates its 8th year
- Car vs. golf cart sends two to the hospital
- Hit and run on I-95 leaves wrecks in both north and south bound lanes
- Kidnapped woman gets away after abductors can't operate stick shift
- Sam Hunt makes history, explains origin of single 'Body Like a Back Road'
- Missing skinny dipper's body found by off-duty lifeguard
- DeMario Jackson reportedly in talks to join 'Dancing With the Stars' Season 25
- Suspect who was subject of manhunt charged with murder
- South Africa cannibalism case leads to 5 arrests
- Virginia officials renaming Jefferson David Highway, asking internet for ideas
- Experts plan world's biggest sailing cargo ship
- Google may take on Surface and MacBook laptops with the Chromebook Pixel
- Parents arrested after teacher smells pot on boy's backpack
- Drunk driver smashed into 17 cars while trying to park: cops
- The Latest: Spain: Police find bomb belt in attacks workshop
- Downpours to persist in Florida as tropical system lingers near southeastern US coast
- Yemen officials: Saudi-led coalition strikes hotel, many die
- 'Time for Jews to leave Europe?' Is Barcelona's chief rabbi right?
- Saudi police arrest teenage boy for dancing in the street
- Mongolian lawmakers call on prime minister to resign
- Powerball Jackpot-Top 10 largest US Jackpots
- Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi & Jenni 'JWoww' Farley Headed To VH1
- Morgan Freeman To Receive SAG Life Achievement Award
- Forbes Top 10 Highest-Paid Actors Include Mark Wahlberg & Adam Sandler
- George Clooney & Amal Clooney Donate $1M To Fight Hate Groups
- Taylor Swift Returns To Social Media With Mysterious Video
- 'The Hitman's Bodyguard' Tops The Box Office
- Comedy Legend Jerry Lewis Dies At 91 In Las Vegas
- Comedian & Civil Rights Activist Dick Gregory Has Died At 84
- Tina Fey Returns Returns To 'Weekend Update,' Blasts Trump Over Charlottesville
- Robin Thicke's Girlfriend Announces Pregnancy
- Katy Perry Pushes Back Tour Dates Due To 'Unavoidable Production Delays'
- Barack Obama's Charlottesville Response Is The Most-Liked Tweet In History
- Corbin dominates -- again -- and Martinez homers for D-backs
- Rays hold on in the 9th to secure W over Blue Jays
- Salvy's back, 'Sonic Slam' Cam returns to Omaha
- Packers safety Clinton-Dix looks to make off-field impact
- Badgers TE Fumagalli named to preseason All-America second team
- Cleveland Browns players kneel in prayer during national anthem, largest anthem protest in NFL history
- Preview: Rays and Jays back at it again, this time at The Trop
- Aguilar homers twice as Anderson, Brewers beat Rockies 8-4 (Aug 20, 2017)
- Bucks: Player reported knee pain while training in Greece
- LB Chris Orr comes full circle for Wisconsin after injury
- Twins put Sano on DL with shin injury, recall Vargas
- Leonard Fournette among Jaguars who won't play in third preseason game