The bill would delay the implementation of the new law until February of 2018 to give the state more time to prepare. Maine voters approved a referendum that will allow for retail shops and social clubs to sell marijuana. It would also allow people to use the drug for personal use. The proposed moratorium would give the state more time to draft regulations that sell legal pot. There's also a concern that law enforcement needs more tools to handle people who operate vehicles while under the influence of pot. The bill will be refered to the Veterans and Legal Affairs Committee for consideration.
Lawmakers agree on marijuana moratorium FeaturedWritten by Craig Colson
AUGUSTA - Legislative leaders have agreed on a moratorium on legalized marijuana.
Craig Colson became news director and anchor at WVII ABC 7 and WFVX Fox Bangor in December of 2012. He began his career in broadcasting in 1985 while working as a news photographer at another Bangor television station. Craig worked his way up through the ranks and became the main anchor for the nightly newscasts before leaving in 2009. At that point, he became news director for four local radio stations and delivered the morning news before taking on his current position.
Craig grew up in a "news family" and followed in the footsteps of his father who was also a news director and anchor. His brother is also a news photographer at a Boston television station.
Craig's career has brought him all over-reporting from everywhere from Washington D.C. to Red Square in Moscow, Russia. When he isn't reporting the news, Craig can be found taking on new adventures with his two daughters or exploring the coast of Maine in his kayak. His other passion is making furniture in his shop or just about anything involving the outdoors.
- Maine's drought declared over
- Anah Shriners to hold screening clinics
- Legislation hopes to cure Maines broadband woes
- Legislation to fight against mosquito aims to combat spread of Zika
- Hampden chase suspect indicted by grand jury
- Machais home destoyed over night by fire
- Truck fire closes down I-95
- Man arrested on drug charges has been on officials "radar"
- Money raised for Mount Desert Island Hospital matched by the Manton Foundation
- Maine's monument not on the list of President Trump's monument review
- Convicted killer Sally Schofield is released from prison
- High court upholds murder conviction
- Late night incident in Old Town still under investigation
- Morning fire destroys home in Greenbush
- Mercedes Schlapp on Michael Flynn asking for immunity
- Russia investigation: Adam Schiff releases statement after viewing docs shown to Nunes
- Anti-allergy medicine EpiPen recall expands to US
- Company linked to Trump-Russian dossier has its own Kremlin connection, US senator says
- Kushner retains scores of real estate holdings while in WH
- Lauren Green reveals her 'Lighthouse Faith'
- Berkeley protests: Hundreds rally after Coulter talk canceled, at least 6 arrested
- Are Dems overreaching with Russian conspiracies?
- Haley accuses Russia of allowing Syria to deny needed aid
- London anti-terror raids: Woman shot, 4 arrested, police say
- Woman reported man was abused at home for mentally disabled
- Berkeley protests: Hundreds rally after Coulter talk canceled, at least 4 arrested
- Senate confirms Alexander Acosta to head Labor Department
- Flynn records reveal information on foreign payment advisory
- Fox News Poll: 53 percent favor military action to stop North Korea nukes program
- Lawyer: 'Infowars' host Jones often acts like 'cult leader'
- Canadian sent to US prison for smuggling immigrants in 1999
- Woman convicted in mom's death; case tied to found remains
- 'Star Wars: Episode IX' Sets Release Date
- Tom Cavanagh Talks Directing 'The Flash'
- Beyoncé Marks 'Lemonade' Anniversary With Launch Of New Scholarship Program
- Drake To Host First-Ever NBA Awards
- Scott Baio Clarifies Comments About Late 'Happy Days' Co-Star Erin Moran After Backlash
- Former 'Bachelor' Chris Soules Arrested, Charged With Leaving The Scene Of An Accident Where There Was A Death
- Faye Dunaway Talks Oscars Best Picture Mix-Up
- Elton John Cancels Multiple Concerts After 'Rare & Potentially Deadly' Infection
- 'Chicago P.D.': Exclusive Sneak Peek
- Serena Williams Pens Heartfelt Message To Her Unborn Child: 'I Can't Wait To Meet You'
- Access Hollywood Wants To Send You To Universal Orlando Resort™
- 'iZombie's' Rahul Kohli Talks 'Supergirl' Role
- The Chiefs bet against history by picking Patrick Mahomes
- NFL Draft: Garrett 1st to Browns, Bears trade up for QB Trubisky
- NFL Draft: Cleveland Browns take Myles Garrett with No. 1 pick
- Spieth and Palmer share lead at team event in New Orleans
- Phillies slip by Marlins to take two-game series
- GM McPhee weighs hopes of Vegas hitting NHL lottery jackpot
- Padres look to split series with Diamondbacks Thursday
- Schimpf's homer sparks Padres' 8-5 comeback win over D-backs
- Predators' Fiala out of playoffs after breaking leg
- Levy shoots 63 to take 1-stroke lead at China Open
- Larsson leads Oilers past Ducks 5-3 in wild series opener
- PGA stars: New format in New Orleans boosts fun quotient