The bill would delay the implementation of the new law until February of 2018 to give the state more time to prepare. Maine voters approved a referendum that will allow for retail shops and social clubs to sell marijuana. It would also allow people to use the drug for personal use. The proposed moratorium would give the state more time to draft regulations that sell legal pot. There's also a concern that law enforcement needs more tools to handle people who operate vehicles while under the influence of pot. The bill will be refered to the Veterans and Legal Affairs Committee for consideration.
Lawmakers agree on marijuana moratorium FeaturedWritten by Craig Colson
AUGUSTA - Legislative leaders have agreed on a moratorium on legalized marijuana.
Craig Colson became news director and anchor at WVII ABC 7 and WFVX Fox Bangor in December of 2012. He began his career in broadcasting in 1985 while working as a news photographer at another Bangor television station. Craig worked his way up through the ranks and became the main anchor for the nightly newscasts before leaving in 2009. At that point, he became news director for four local radio stations and delivered the morning news before taking on his current position.
Craig grew up in a "news family" and followed in the footsteps of his father who was also a news director and anchor. His brother is also a news photographer at a Boston television station.
Craig's career has brought him all over-reporting from everywhere from Washington D.C. to Red Square in Moscow, Russia. When he isn't reporting the news, Craig can be found taking on new adventures with his two daughters or exploring the coast of Maine in his kayak. His other passion is making furniture in his shop or just about anything involving the outdoors.
- Rafting company teams up with Boys & Girls Club to clean up river
- Pride march stopped by police blocked for third year in a row
- Schoonerfest was deemed a great success
- Early morning plane crash injures pilot
- UPDATED: Arrest made in connection with Sanford mill fire
- Divers recover last drowning victim in Aroostook County
- Strawberry Celebrations show impact of berry on indigenous cultures
- Cottontail Cottage holds open house Sunday
- Senator Collins talks about healthcare bill on ABC's "This Week"
- "Cops on Top" honors fallen police officer in hike
- Rider dies in Orono motorcycle crash
- Car collides with ambulance headed to emergency
- Taking care of Maine lakes
- Car show donates motorcycle to disabled veterans
- Bangor Symphony moves to new home
- Fairfield PD warns of car break-ins
- Syria could be planning chemical attack, White House says
- Hannity: Russia allegations 'boomeranging back' on Democrats
- Georgia man charged in teen girl's rape avoids prison
- Substitute teacher, 24, accused of sex in two counties with her 17-year-old boy student
- Utah wildfire grows to largest active fire in US
- Mongolia's presidential election tightens, runoff likely
- Charred body identified as missing Mexican journalist
- Senate health bill would lower deficit, increase number of uninsured, estimate says
- Substitute teacher, 24, accused of sex in two counties with 17-year-old boy student
- Arizona woman convicted in 2011 death of young cousin
- Chilling confessions of UK's youngest double killers, Kim Edwards and Lucas Markham, revealed
- Rabbi, several others arrested in public benefits fraud case
- Police: Girl's actions caused her to fall from NY park ride
- Arkansas inmate on lam for 32 years visiting mom when caught
- Supreme Court decision shifts momentum in Trump travel ban case
- Trump travel ban partly reinstated; fall court arguments set
- Flint airport officer stabbed during attack out of hospital
- Man convicted of 2nd-degree murder in killing of Baby Doe
- Oscar Winner Daniel Day-Lewis Is Retiring From Acting
- Prodigy Of Hip-Hop Duo Mobb Deep Dies At 42
- 'Bachelor In Paradise' Review Declares No Evidence Of Misconduct, Show Will Resume Production
- Dave Chappelle Will Host Rihanna's Diamond Ball; Kendrick Lamar To Perform
- 'Jumanji' Sequel Stars Jack Black & Nick Jonas Pay Tribute To Robin Williams
- John Legend Postpones Concert Dates Due To Illness: 'I Will Get Healthy'
- Miles Teller Released After Being Arrested On Suspicion Of Public Intoxication
- Adele Visits London Firefighters Following Grenfell Tower Fire
- Paris Jackson Stuns On Vogue Australia Cover
- Carrie Fisher Autopsy Report Reveals Late Actress Had Multiple Drugs In Her System
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Gets Premiere Date
- 'American Ninja Warrior': Watch Kacy Catanzaro's Qualifier Run (Exclusive Sneak Peek)
- Berrios fans 7, but Twins fall 4-1 to Red Sox
- Vikings' Floyd gets 1 day in jail for flunking alcohol test
- Serena Williams shrugs off John McEnroe claim she'd struggle against men
- Cardinals win makeup game, beat Reds for first time in last six
- Rays acquire shortstop Adeiny Hechavarria from Marlins
- Hockey Hall of Fame: Teemu Selanne, Paul Kariya, Mark Recchi headline 2017 class
- Lightning great Dave Andreychuk to be inducted into Hockey Hall of Fame
- Ahman Green, former Green Bay Packers running back, arrested in child abuse case
- NHRA champion John Force to throw out first pitch at Cubs vs. Rays
- Kevin Harvick on Sonoma: 'Winning makes everything better'
- Rays fall to Orioles in the ninth inning, drop series
- Indians get swept at home;fall out of first place