BANGOR - A longtime public servant says he's stepping down at year's end. Penobscot County Sheriff Glenn Ross will not run for a fourth term in November. Jared Pliner sat down with him.
SHERIFF ROSS SAYS HE'S LOOKING FORWARD TO SPENDING TIME WITH HIS WIFE OF 30 YEARS -- AND CONTINUING HIS PASSION OF LANDSCAPING AND GARDENING.
The "Alexander Report" -- estimating the cost of Medicaid expansion in Maine -- is under attack. This week, a national health policy analyst indicated that the report's cost figures are potentially overstated ... by a lot. Jared Pliner reports.
AUGUSTA -- The state house was again bustling after Monday's federal holiday. Lawmakers were back in committee rooms, holding public hearings. Two measures received that treatment, Tuesday -- both billed as attempts to make Maine more sustainable. Jared Pliner explains.
ORONO -- Monday marked the nation's 28th observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, celebrating the birth of the civil rights hero. Though it wasn't until the year 2000 that all fifty states recognized the occasion. Jared Pliner reports on how the University of Maine remembered Dr. King.
IRVING, TEXAS -- Maine is receiving high marks for its overall emergency medical care.
AUGUSTA -- Some startling new statistics out on drug abuse, and drug-related deaths, in Maine. The attorney general's office has released data, showing a number of trends.
BREWER -- Mike Openshaw has terminal cancer. For years, Mike, his wife and his three daughters have greeted scores of people to their home around Christmas. Visitors admire their spectacular lights display, but more importantly, donate to the charitable hot cocoa stand. It's a stand that's raised over $20,000 for cancer research. Now -- Machias Savings Bank is stepping up. Jared Pliner reports.
A single story dominated news out of Augusta, one day before lawmakers are set to open the next legislative session. On Tuesday, Gov. Paul LePage's office released statistics purporting to show abuse within Maine's EBT benefit program.
BANGOR INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT -- Municipal officials confirmed to FOX 22/ABC 7, Wednesday, that a number of part-time employees at Bangor International Airport, spanning multiple departments, have received word their positions are being eliminated.
- Maine filmmakers release romantic comedy
- Sen. King to host opiate discussion in Bangor on Friday
- New business to be geared towards outdoor activities
- Two Maine companies are giving back
- Seven people arrested for dealing heroin and cocaine
- Candidates turn their focus to the next primary in South Carolina
- Attack in Hollis ends in one arrest
- The presidential race has made its way to Maine
- Sanders campaign breaks fundraising efforts as donations average $34
- Body found under frozen lake
- Director of Houlton Shelter Resigns, Police Investigating
- Man arrested for sexual assault, his victim is 11 year old girl
- Bangor Historical Society invites you to make Valentines
- Maine Discovery Museum host February vacation camp
- Maine Audubon is putting on exciting camps for students during February vacation
- Connecticut State Trooper has been shot and killed by a Maine man
- Maine corporation charged with growing marijuana is ordered to pay fine
- Cats abandoned at shelter over night
- Love and Zombies on Valentine's Day
- Belfast Bay Inn voted one of the most romantic
- Winter Beach Ball to be held in Bangor
- Two in Sanford arrested for heroin trafficking
- Final Oregon refuge occupier turns himself in
- 'House of Cards': It's Frank vs. Claire in the Season 4 trailer
- Meryl Streep responds to questions about diversity: 'We’re all Africans really'
- Final Oregon refuge occupier delays turning himself in
- 8 top tactical Valentine's Day gifts for men
- Police: Cop killed wife, son, torched home then shot himself
- Criminal charges brought against 'Star Wars' producers over Harrison Ford accident
- ISIS relying on child soldiers, drugged fighters as grip on Mosul slips
- Scientists find evidence of gravitational waves predicted by Einstein
- Wife of man accused of leaving child in hot car to die files for divorce
- At least 52 inmates dead after riot, fire at Mexico prison
- Remaining Oregon refuge occupiers say they'll turn themselves in
- Worker fired for carrying gun on company property given job back
- Peyton Manning thought Justin Timberlake worked at a bowling alley
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Katharine McPhee's divorce finalized, obligated to pay spousal support
- Health, age could become campaign trail issue for 2016 candidates
- Oklahoma man arrested in decapitation of his grandmother, her husband
- Fargo police officer shot during standoff has 'non-survivable' wound, chief says
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy arrested by FBI in Oregon
- West Point cadets go online, undercover to fight ISIS
- Passengers on storm-battered cruise ship recount traumatic experience
- Remaining Oregon militia members say they'll turn themselves in
- US Navy rips Iran after new footage shows captured sailor crying
- [EXCLUSIVE] Bethenny Frankel Confirms She is Returning to 'RHONY'
- 'Legends Of Tomorrow': Marc Guggenheim On Ray & Snart’s Latest Mission, Training Kendra & The Omega Protocol
- Adam Levine Reacts To Taraji P. Henson’s Coldplay/Maroon 5 Mix-Up
- 'The 100 Q&A: Brenda Strong On Playing Ice Nation Queen Nia
- 'Outlander' Season 2 Premiere Date Announced
- 'Outlander' Season 2 Premiere Date Announced, New Trailer Drops
- Stars Step Out For Saint Laurent Hollywood Show
- 'Gilmore Girls' Revival Welcomes More Familiar Faces
- Gwen Stefani Teaming With Target For Live Grammy Video
- Adele Announces Surprise Pre-Grammy Concert
- 'Arrow': Katrina Law Previews 'Epic' Fight, 'Beautiful' Nyssa/Laurel Scene
- Eagles Band Members To Honor Glenn Frey At Grammys
- Johnny Depp Stars As Donald Trump In Funny Or Die Spoof
- Medical Examiner Rules Michael Cavallari's Death Accidental
- 'Frozen' Musical To Make Broadway Debut In 2018
- DMX Has Recovered After Being Resuscitated By Police, Attorney Says
- Kelly Clarkson Releasing Children's Book Named For Daughter River Rose
- Megan Fox Is New 'New Girl,' Filling In For Zooey Deschanel
- Bryan Fuller Named Co-Creator, Showrunner Of CBS' 'Star Trek'
- Ken Watanabe Battling Stomach Cancer, Delays Broadway Return
- First 'Fuller House' Trailer Debuts: 'Damn, We All Still Look Good!'
- 'The Flash': Danielle Panabaker Talks Killer Frost, Deathstorm & Zoom
- Taylor Swift Leads iHeartRadio Award Nominations
- Michael Douglas Among Those Honored By AARP
- Tom Brady boasts that he is not one of the best QBs ever
- Peyton Manning's mom explains why it's time for her son to retire
- Report: Off-duty cops hospitalized after alleged altercation involving LeSean McCoy
- Advanced stats will probably love Michigan in 2016
- Audi tearjerker, 'Puppymonkeybaby' among Super Bowl winners
- Offbeat humor and upbeat messages dominate Super Bowl ads
- Breaking news: NASCAR to announce new 'charter' system for teams
- 2nd-seeded Cilic and Dodig advance to 2nd round in Rotterdam
- Jordan Spieth honors Peyton Manning with classic forehead joke after Super Bowl win
- Mets give cap-tip to fellow runner-up Panthers after Super Bowl loss
- Cam Newton's authenticity is highly questionable
- 2016 New York Mets Preview & Fantasy Baseball Draft Prep
- All-Star Bobblehead Series among Marlins promotions in 2016
- Broncos offseason to-do list, starting with moving on from Manning
- Cam Newton's image took the biggest hit of all during the Super Bowl
- Dodgers' Pederson had a great view of Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show
- Paul George says he'll try to score 82 points in final game vs. Kobe
- From behind the lens at Super Bowl 50, Durant captures the other side
- DeMarcus Ware's son stole Deion Sanders' microphone after the Super Bowl
- Comfort wins: Stroman, Blue Jays watch Super Bowl 50 in onesies
- Parker to play with France despite wife's pregnancy
- Ronaldo open to leaving Real Madrid when contract expires
- Tyronn Lue on recent criticism: 'Look, they ridiculed Jesus Christ'
- Bryce Harper shared a laugh with Stephen Curry at Super Bowl 50