Department of Professional and Financial Regulation Offers Resources to Help Families, Small Business Owners, Veterans and those in the Military to Save and Invest Safely
HALLOWELL - The Hallowell Lyceum Series is calling for storytellers to participate in The Hook Story Hour on May 8, 2015 at Hallowell City Hall Auditorium. Based on the popular radio show "The Moth Radio Hour" heard on MPBN, The Hook Story Hour will be an evening of stories based on real life experiences in the Kennebec Valley told live in front of a supportive audience. The Hook is an old name for an area in the city of Hallowell.
BANGOR – The City of Bangor’s Commission on Cultural Development will host a public forum to discuss arts and culture in Bangor, Maine on Wednesday, March 11, 2015 from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in the auditorium at John Bapst Memorial High School.
ORRINGTON – The Curran Homestead Living History Farm and Museum at 372 Field's Pond Road, Orrington will offer a basic 6-week introductory blacksmithing course Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 6:00 to 9pm limited to six participants beginning Tuesday evening, March 24.
PITTSFIELD - Sebasticook Valley Health (SVH) announces that diabetes educator Amanda Poulin, RD, LD, from Novo Nordisk will be the featured speaker at the March 12th SVH Diabetes Support Group meeting (snow date March 19th). Ms. Poulin will provide information about diabetes medications.
VASSALBORO - School is canceled today, Monday February 23, due to a fire at Vassalboro Community School.
Friday's Trivia answer was The Honey Bee, only 33% had gotten the correct answer. 55% guessed Black Fly. Can you get today's answer right?
CALAIS - Daniel Maia, an alleged fugitive, who is wanted in Connecticut on an assault charge, is being held in Washing County Jail according to Calais police Chief David Randall on Thursday.
- Congo police fire tear gas to disperse demonstrators
- Khe Sanh veterans recall Vietnam battle's start 50 years ago Sunday
- Pakistan police officer fired over killings is shot dead
- German Social Democrats debate coalition talks with Merkel
- The Latest: Jordan king tells Pence US must 'rebuild trust'
- Death toll in Prague hotel fire increases to 3
- France, Germany pledge closer ties with new bilateral treaty
- Taliban claim responsibility for deadly attack at Kabul hotel
- The Latest: Turkey says troops enter Syrian Kurdish enclave
- The NFL desperately needs to hire more women -- Here's why
- Government shutdown to prevent US troops overseas from watching NFL playoff games
- Nassar scandal has Michigan State president facing call to resign
- California mudslides death toll rises after woman's body is found
- Second day of global female empowerment marches scheduled
- Lebanese women look for greater role in parliament elections
- Pence defends Trump's shift in Israeli policies
- Kabul hotel attack leaves at least 5 civilians dead
- Pope wrapping up contentious, restive trip to Latin America
- Katie Couric Will Co-Host The Opening Ceremony Of The 2018 Winter Olympics
- London Zoo Honors Prince Harry's Fiancee By Naming Newborn Okapi 'Meghan"
- Eric Church, Maren Morris and Brothers Osborne Will Perform Grammy Tribute For Route 91 Harvest Festival Victims
- Mila Kunis Named Woman Of The Year By Harvard University's Hasty Pudding Theatricals
- Shawn Mendes Adorably Congratulates Camila Cabello On Debut Album
- BTS Fanboys Over Ansel Elgort's New Song 'Supernova'
- Is Zayn Malik’s New Tattoo A Tribute To Girlfriend Gigi Hadid?
- Jamie-Lynn Sigler Welcomes Her Second Child With Husband Cutter Dykstra
- Timothee Chalamet To Donate Salary From Upcoming Woody Allen Film To Charity
- Dolores O'Riordan Death Is Not Being Treated As Suspicious According To British Police
- 49th NAACP Image Awards: All The Moments You May Have Missed
- 49th NAACP Image Awards: Complete List Of Winners
- Tom Brady's playing status unclear ahead of Sunday's AFC title game
- RECAP: Clippers 'just didn't have it' in loss to Jazz
- Florida rallies down the stretch, upsets Kentucky on the road
- Lightning upended by Wild to begin long road trip as losing streak grows to 3
- Panthers lose tough road matchup to Predators
- Heat reel off 6 unanswered points in waning seconds to cap comeback win over Hornets
- No Garden party: Coffey returns, but Gophers fall to Ohio State
- Jaguars CB Jalen Ramsey eager to match up against Rob Gronkowski
- FSU's Willie Taggart announces 5 new hires to fill out coaching staff
- Aaron Ekblad nets game-winner in OT as Panthers take down Golden Knights
- Heat go cold in 2nd half, fall on road to Nets
- Brady staying tight-lipped on hand injury