Craig Colson became news director and anchor at WVII ABC 7 and WFVX Fox Bangor in December of 2012. He began his career in broadcasting in 1985 while working as a news photographer at another Bangor television station. Craig worked his way up through the ranks and became the main anchor for the nightly newscasts before leaving in 2009. At that point, he became news director for four local radio stations and delivered the morning news before taking on his current position.
Craig grew up in a "news family" and followed in the footsteps of his father who was also a news director and anchor. His brother is also a news photographer at a Boston television station.
Craig's career has brought him all over-reporting from everywhere from Washington D.C. to Red Square in Moscow, Russia. When he isn't reporting the news, Craig can be found taking on new adventures with his two daughters or exploring the coast of Maine in his kayak. His other passion is making furniture in his shop or just about anything involving the outdoors.
DOVER FOXCROFT - Police say a drunk driver caused a crash in Dover Foxcroft that left a home badly damaged.
MADISON - More legal trouble for a Garland man who was arrested this week for breaking into a home and trying to flee from police.
- NRA defends itself after corporations pull away
- CDC employee's disappearance prompts $10G reward offer
- US, Britain in cybersecurity divide over Chinese tech firm Huawei
- Condoleezza Rice says US needs to consider Second Amendment's place in 'modern world'
- Man used hunting knife in brutal slaying at Massachusetts library, authorities say
- Mother, daughter thwart armed robbery attempt at Oklahoma liquor store
- Trump talks Dems' memo, guns and border wall in exclusive interview with Fox News
- Closing in on the Olympics 2018 closing ceremony
- Gutfeld: Media grab contentious issue under guise of concern
- Gutfeld: Trump is having a ball and maybe so should you
- Sridevi, Bollywood leading lady of '80s and '90s, dies at 54
- Scott Pruitt talks changes to the EPA under Trump
- Trump: Democratic memo verifies the Nunes FISA memo
- US sailor at Camp Pendleton dies after being struck by helicopter blade
- Oklahoma employee defends liquor store from thief, report says
- Cambodia's ruling party has sure lock on Senate election
- China will deal 'seriously' with N. Korea sanctions breaches
- Democrats' FISA memo rebuttal: What's under those black bars?
- Orlando Bloom Takes His 7-Year-Old Son Flynn On An Adorable Date
- 'Notting Hill' Star Emma Chambers Dies At 53 — See Hugh Jackman & More Stars' Reactions
- Curling Champions! U.S. Men's Curling Team Wins First Ever Team USA Gold In Huge Upset
- Emily Ratajkowski Got Married In A $200 Suit From Zara
- Amal Clooney Applauds Parkland Student Survivors For Their Bravery In Powerful Talk
- Vanessa Hudgens Shows Off Her Wintry Wood Chopping Skills On The Set Of 'Polar'
- Chevy Chase Got Kicked In The Shoulder In A Road Rage Fight On New York Roadway
- Al Pacino Will Star As Penn State's Joe Paterno In HBO Biopic On April 7
- James Van Der Beek & Wife Kimberly Have Baby No. 5 On The Way
- Tom Holland & Zendaya Cause Social Media Frenzy Over Adorable Snapchat Vids
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race' Reveals The 14 Sickening Queens Competing In Season 10 Of The Hit Show
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Adorable Home Video Of Twins Max & Emme On Their 10th Birthday
- US men's curling team accidentally given women's gold medals
- Canadian skier arrested at Pyeongchang Olympics for stealing car while intoxicated, police say
- Payments to top college basketball players listed in FBI documents: report
- Ex-NFL player, reportedly held by police for disturbing gun picture, 'no longer in police custody'
- Ex-NFL player detained by police for disturbing gun picture
- Another Russian athlete tests positive for doping a day before IOC Russian doping decision
- Canadian hockey player who took off silver medal regrets move
- Twitter attacks German figure skater for performing to 'Schindler's List' score
- Dutch speed skater Jan Blokhuijsen ignites backlash after telling South Koreans to 'please treat dogs better'
- Canadian women's hockey player immediately removes silver medal after loss
- American Mikaela Shiffrin wins silver in Olympic Alpine combined
- North Korean cheerleader accidentally claps for the Americans, report says