Craig Colson became news director and anchor at WVII ABC 7 and WFVX Fox Bangor in December of 2012. He began his career in broadcasting in 1985 while working as a news photographer at another Bangor television station. Craig worked his way up through the ranks and became the main anchor for the nightly newscasts before leaving in 2009. At that point, he became news director for four local radio stations and delivered the morning news before taking on his current position.
Craig grew up in a "news family" and followed in the footsteps of his father who was also a news director and anchor. His brother is also a news photographer at a Boston television station.
Craig's career has brought him all over-reporting from everywhere from Washington D.C. to Red Square in Moscow, Russia. When he isn't reporting the news, Craig can be found taking on new adventures with his two daughters or exploring the coast of Maine in his kayak. His other passion is making furniture in his shop or just about anything involving the outdoors.
BANGOR-The American Folk Festival has always been a family event, but this year they are making some changes to make it even more kid friendly...
AMHERST- A woman was seriously injured this morning following a terrible crash in Amherst.
Emergency crews were called to Smith Road late this morning after the woman went off the roadway and into some trees.
Police say the vehicle was so badly damaged the 68 year old woman was trapped inside and had to be pried free.
She was airlifted to Bangor for treatment.
Police believe she was driving too fast and lost control.
WASHINGTON D.C.-Steve Bannon has resigned from his role as White House chief strategist, ABC News has learned.
- Nikolas Cruz showed no warning signs before Florida school shooting, say couple who took him in
- Russia church shooting leaves 5 dead after gunman opens fire on people leaving service
- Woman buys fish from Costco, finds live worm inside
- Iranian commercial plane crashes, killing all 65 people aboard, airline says
- Russia church shooting leaves 4 dead after gunman opens fire at festival
- Florida school massacre sparks church sign: 'When will they love their kids more than their guns'
- Florida school shooting survivors plan march demanding end to gun violence
- Sessions firm on recusing himself from Russia probe, uncertain about Senate fixing DACA
- Trump says Russians 'laughing their a---s off' over US collusion probes
- Iranian commercial plane crashes, killing all 66 people aboard, airline says
- 10 incredibly useful online sites you didn't know about until now
- Head of Latvian Central Bank is detained for questioning
- Son of George Soros donated $650G to Dem campaigns, groups last year, data show
- Egypt accepts delay of Ethiopia dam meeting as protests rage
- Israeli PM: Iran becoming increasingly aggressive in region
- Poland tries to frame PM's Holocaust remarks as frank debate
- Longtime Republican donor calls for new gun laws, vows to withhold cash
- Israel strikes Hamas targets in Gaza after soldiers wounded
- Jimmy Kimmel Calls On Congress, Trump To Take Action Against School Shootings: 'Children Are Being Murdered'
- Janelle Monae's Album Trailer Will Air Before 'Black Panther' In Theaters
- Chadwick Boseman, Tiffany Haddish, Greta Gerwig Named 2018 Oscar Presenters
- 'Bachelor In Paradise' Stars Evan Bass and Carly Waddell Welcome Baby Girl, Isabella!
- Prince Harry Has An Absolute Blast With Kiddos As He Serves Food At Their School
- Jennifer Aniston & Justin Theroux Separate After 2 Years Of Marriage
- 'Riverdale's Camila Mendes Shares Her Condolences With Her Hometown Parkland & Victims Of The Mass Shooting There
- Christina Aguilera Poses Nude For Sexy & Soapy Instagram Pics
- Amy Schumer Tells Fans She's Not Pregnant After Surprise Wedding
- Bode Miller Apologizes After Joke Suggesting Marriage Caused Skier's Downfall
- Nicole Kidman, Lupita Nyong'o, Michael B. Jordan & More Stars Pack The Front Row At Calvin Klein At NYFW
- Hugh Jackman Share's A Super Sweet Wedding Picture With Wife Deb In Honor Of Valentine's Day
- Wallace tops Daytona 500 speed chart in final practice
- Auburn player Anfernee McLemore suffers gruesome leg injury
- Four NHL hockey fans kicked out over racist comments toward player
- Lindsey Vonn responds to Twitter trolls after failing to medal at Olympics
- Be like Michael Jordan? Not at Air Force Academy
- US Olympic skier Gus Kenworthy quips broken thumb means he won't be able to shake Pence's hand
- Cubs' Anthony Rizzo returns home to Parkland, FL after shooting
- Massachusetts hockey coach accused of sexually abusing 8 children, including 6-year-old
- German figure skating pair sets record in gold medal win
- American Mikaela Shiffrin charges to gold in giant slalom
- Barstool Sports co-host Patrick Connor fired by KNBR after calling Olympian a 'hot piece'
- Shaun White drags American flag on ground after winning gold medal, gets lit up on social media