Craig Colson became news director and anchor at WVII ABC 7 and WFVX Fox Bangor in December of 2012. He began his career in broadcasting in 1985 while working as a news photographer at another Bangor television station. Craig worked his way up through the ranks and became the main anchor for the nightly newscasts before leaving in 2009. At that point, he became news director for four local radio stations and delivered the morning news before taking on his current position.
Craig grew up in a "news family" and followed in the footsteps of his father who was also a news director and anchor. His brother is also a news photographer at a Boston television station.
Craig's career has brought him all over-reporting from everywhere from Washington D.C. to Red Square in Moscow, Russia. When he isn't reporting the news, Craig can be found taking on new adventures with his two daughters or exploring the coast of Maine in his kayak. His other passion is making furniture in his shop or just about anything involving the outdoors.
BANGOR - Utility crews hope to make a lot of progress today in the effort to restore electricity to thousands of Mainer's.
UPDATE: Police stand off on Union Street has ended. One person has been taken into custody for mental evaluation.
BANGOR-The Bucksport man accused of shooting and wounding another man Wednesday night remains in the Hancock County Jail Tonight.
CHINA - Emergency crews have spent much of the day investigating and clearing debris from a terrible crash in the town of China.
NEW VINEYARD - Residents of New Vineyard are raising money to help the family of a little boy who lost his leg in an accident.
ELLSWORTH - Three Ellsworth High School students are facing charges following an alleged assault on another student.
AUGUSTA - State Police are once again turning to the public for help in identifying a man whose body was found off the coast of Maine 27 years ago.
- NRA defends itself after corporations pull away
- Grieving father and Parkland student push for school safety
- UN peacekeepers in South Sudan accused of paying for sex
- Border Patrol's checkpoints overlooked in debate over wall
- Gov. Rick Scott outlines proposal to improve school safety
- North Korea willing to hold talks with US, ex-spy chief says
- Justice With Judge Jeanine - Saturday, February 24
- Watters World - Saturday, February 24
- California Democratic Party doesn't endorse Feinstein re-election bid
- Thousands march in memory of slain Russian opposition leader
- Tourist infected with measles went to New York art museum, area hotels, health officials say
- Pakistan: Blasphemy suspect who jumped off building healing
- Coffee and alcohol: The keys to a long life?
- House candidate apologizes for 'crusty old Marine' remark
- Sec. Shulkin faces criticism over progress on VA reforms
- 12 texting tips you didn't know the iPhone could do
- CDC employee's disappearance prompts $10G reward offer
- US, Britain in cybersecurity divide over Chinese tech firm Huawei
- Orlando Bloom Takes His 7-Year-Old Son Flynn On An Adorable Date
- 'Notting Hill' Star Emma Chambers Dies At 53 — See Hugh Jackman & More Stars' Reactions
- Curling Champions! U.S. Men's Curling Team Wins First Ever Team USA Gold In Huge Upset
- Emily Ratajkowski Got Married In A $200 Suit From Zara
- Amal Clooney Applauds Parkland Student Survivors For Their Bravery In Powerful Talk
- Vanessa Hudgens Shows Off Her Wintry Wood Chopping Skills On The Set Of 'Polar'
- Chevy Chase Got Kicked In The Shoulder In A Road Rage Fight On New York Roadway
- Al Pacino Will Star As Penn State's Joe Paterno In HBO Biopic On April 7
- James Van Der Beek & Wife Kimberly Have Baby No. 5 On The Way
- Tom Holland & Zendaya Cause Social Media Frenzy Over Adorable Snapchat Vids
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race' Reveals The 14 Sickening Queens Competing In Season 10 Of The Hit Show
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Adorable Home Video Of Twins Max & Emme On Their 10th Birthday
- US men's curling team accidentally given women's gold medals
- Canadian skier arrested at Pyeongchang Olympics for stealing car while intoxicated, police say
- Payments to top college basketball players listed in FBI documents: report
- Ex-NFL player, reportedly held by police for disturbing gun picture, 'no longer in police custody'
- Ex-NFL player detained by police for disturbing gun picture
- Another Russian athlete tests positive for doping a day before IOC Russian doping decision
- Canadian hockey player who took off silver medal regrets move
- Twitter attacks German figure skater for performing to 'Schindler's List' score
- Dutch speed skater Jan Blokhuijsen ignites backlash after telling South Koreans to 'please treat dogs better'
- Canadian women's hockey player immediately removes silver medal after loss
- American Mikaela Shiffrin wins silver in Olympic Alpine combined
- North Korean cheerleader accidentally claps for the Americans, report says