Craig Colson became news director and anchor at WVII ABC 7 and WFVX Fox Bangor in December of 2012. He began his career in broadcasting in 1985 while working as a news photographer at another Bangor television station. Craig worked his way up through the ranks and became the main anchor for the nightly newscasts before leaving in 2009. At that point, he became news director for four local radio stations and delivered the morning news before taking on his current position.
Craig grew up in a "news family" and followed in the footsteps of his father who was also a news director and anchor. His brother is also a news photographer at a Boston television station.
Craig's career has brought him all over-reporting from everywhere from Washington D.C. to Red Square in Moscow, Russia. When he isn't reporting the news, Craig can be found taking on new adventures with his two daughters or exploring the coast of Maine in his kayak. His other passion is making furniture in his shop or just about anything involving the outdoors.
BELMONT-The Waldo County Sheriff's Office is investigating a stabbing that happened during Thursday's storm in Belmont.
MACHIAS - The latest person to be arrested following a shooting in Calais appeared before a judge today in Machias.
OLD TOWN - The White House has decided to disband the President's controversial advisory Commission on Election Integrity.
WASHINGTON D.C. - Maine will be getting help covering the cost of the massive windstorm that ripped through the state in October.
WATERVILLE - Residents of a Waterville home can thank their family dog for alerting them about a growing fire.
- US Embassy in Montenegro attacked with grenade, prompting security scare
- Los Angeles sheriff's deputy accused of forcing inmates to engage in sex acts
- Swingers club in Florida being sued in connection with fatal crash
- Retired NYC sanitation worker makes $285K a year from pension
- Woman who cared for Florida gunman reportedly wants to control his inheritance
- Kansas woman reportedly sued by bank after ATM dished out $100 bills instead of $5s
- Woman in affair that brought down ex-GOP Rep. Murphy announces House run
- Teacher arrested after police say they found seven pounds of date rape drug in his apartment
- Pennsylvania GOP leaders ask Supreme Court to block redrawn congressional map
- Pat Boone: Instead of prayer in schools, there is violence
- Sarah Palin: Billy Graham understood God is the only answer
- Reports suggest GOP House hopeful got racy texts from aide
- Google removes Iranian-backed app over cyber-spying concerns
- Trump hopes to fast-track infrastructure projects
- At least one new charge filed in Manafort case
- Florida state rep talks meeting with students about safety
- Texas school district threatens to suspend students who protest gun violence during school hours
- Blue whale carcass carved into, stomped on by tourists taking selfies on top of the creature
- Kate Middleton Rubs Shoulders With Anna Winter & Stella McCartney At Fashion Event
- R. Kelly Has Been Evicted From Two Atlanta Homes Over $30K In Unpaid Rent
- Katherine Heigl Shows Off Post-Baby Body 14 Months After Giving Birth To Son Joshua
- Ciara Shares Sweet First Father-Daughter Photo Of Russell Wilson & Baby Sienna
- 'Saturday Night Live' Alum Colin Quinn Shares Update After Valentine's Day Heart Attack
- Kourtney Kardashian Reveals She Outweighs Her Son Mason By Just 36 Pounds
- Hilary Duff Mourns Her Beloved Dog In Heartbreaking Goodbye Post
- Fergie Speaks Out Following Her NBA All-Star Game Performance: I 'Honestly Tried My Best'
- Jennifer Lawrence Stuns In Dior At The 'Red Sparrow' European Premiere
- Aaron Rodgers & Danica Patrick Share A Kiss At Daytona 500
- Cardi B Dances To Her Hit 'Bartier Cardi' While Snacking At The NBC All-Stars Game
- Ansel Elgort Is An Uncle: See The Sweet Photo Of Him & His Niece
- North Korean cheerleader accidentally claps for the Americans, report says
- Russian curler caught doping to return Olympic bronze medal
- Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban fined $600G for tanking comments
- Rick Pitino says Louisville should sue NCAA over vacated wins, title
- US figure skaters suffer rough falls during women's short program in Winter Olympics
- Canadian skier Chris Del Bosco suffers possible pelvis injury after serious crash at Winter Olympics
- Mark Cuban under fire following expose alleging rampant sexual misconduct in Dallas Mavericks workplace
- Team USA men's hockey eliminated in shootout in Olympic quarterfinals
- Lindsey Vonn earns bronze in likely last Olympic downhill
- North Korean skater disqualified after falling in Olympic pre-heat; some onlookers claim dirty play
- Louisville to vacate 2013 basketball title as sex scandal punishment
- Russian curler Alexander Krushelnitsky tested positive for Winter Olympics doping, ROC says