Craig Colson became news director and anchor at WVII ABC 7 and WFVX Fox Bangor in December of 2012. He began his career in broadcasting in 1985 while working as a news photographer at another Bangor television station. Craig worked his way up through the ranks and became the main anchor for the nightly newscasts before leaving in 2009. At that point, he became news director for four local radio stations and delivered the morning news before taking on his current position.
Craig grew up in a "news family" and followed in the footsteps of his father who was also a news director and anchor. His brother is also a news photographer at a Boston television station.
Craig's career has brought him all over-reporting from everywhere from Washington D.C. to Red Square in Moscow, Russia. When he isn't reporting the news, Craig can be found taking on new adventures with his two daughters or exploring the coast of Maine in his kayak. His other passion is making furniture in his shop or just about anything involving the outdoors.
BANGOR - It's almost time again for people to fill their suits with raw eggs for a messy snowmobile ride.
BANGOR-Eastern Maine Medical Center is missing a hard drive that includes information about some patients.
CORINTH - A Corinth man has been charged with arson and attempted murder following a fire at his home.
AUGUSTA - The combination of warmer weather and the arrival of rain has prompted the Maine Emergency Management Agency to send out a warning.
NORRIDGEWOCK - A search is underway in the Norridgewock area following a bank robbery on Main Street.
AUGUSTA - Governor LePage has signed another emergency proclamation to help keep the fuel delivery trucks on the road.
- Israel strikes Hamas targets in Gaza after soldiers wounded
- Trump slams FBI over 'missed signals' on Florida shooting, asserts Russia was distraction
- Iraqi victories remain fragile as US reduces troops
- Kentucky bill would motivate jobless to find work, proponents say
- NY archbishop celebrates funeral for US soldier from Ghana
- Lou Holtz teams with Ben Carson for a great cause
- Billboards inspired by Oscar contender challenge Rubio on Florida shooting and gun reforms
- American International Toy Fair 2018: The coolest toys
- Funeral held for Chicago officer who made 'the ultimate sacrifice'
- School walkouts, sit-ins planned after Florida shooting
- The Journal Editorial Report - Saturday, February 17
- Tyler Reddick wins closest NASCAR race ever at Xfinity Series Daytona race
- Romney, seeking US Senate seat, calls for action against mass shootings
- Girl, 4, fatally shot inside car; suspect arrested
- 5 ways to combat package theft
- Trump pushes back against 'Fake News Media' coverage of Russian meddling
- Mueller team alleges Manafort 'bank fraud,' in new court filings
- Kelly under fire for handling of Porter abuse allegations
- Jimmy Kimmel Calls On Congress, Trump To Take Action Against School Shootings: 'Children Are Being Murdered'
- Janelle Monae's Album Trailer Will Air Before 'Black Panther' In Theaters
- Chadwick Boseman, Tiffany Haddish, Greta Gerwig Named 2018 Oscar Presenters
- 'Bachelor In Paradise' Stars Evan Bass and Carly Waddell Welcome Baby Girl, Isabella!
- Prince Harry Has An Absolute Blast With Kiddos As He Serves Food At Their School
- Jennifer Aniston & Justin Theroux Separate After 2 Years Of Marriage
- 'Riverdale's Camila Mendes Shares Her Condolences With Her Hometown Parkland & Victims Of The Mass Shooting There
- Christina Aguilera Poses Nude For Sexy & Soapy Instagram Pics
- Amy Schumer Tells Fans She's Not Pregnant After Surprise Wedding
- Bode Miller Apologizes After Joke Suggesting Marriage Caused Skier's Downfall
- Nicole Kidman, Lupita Nyong'o, Michael B. Jordan & More Stars Pack The Front Row At Calvin Klein At NYFW
- Hugh Jackman Share's A Super Sweet Wedding Picture With Wife Deb In Honor Of Valentine's Day
- Four NHL hockey fans kicked out over racist comments toward player
- Lindsey Vonn responds to Twitter trolls after failing to medal at Olympics
- Be like Michael Jordan? Not at Air Force Academy
- US Olympic skier Gus Kenworthy quips broken thumb means he won't be able to shake Pence's hand
- Cubs' Anthony Rizzo returns home to Parkland, FL after shooting
- Massachusetts hockey coach accused of sexually abusing 8 children, including 6-year-old
- German figure skating pair sets record in gold medal win
- American Mikaela Shiffrin charges to gold in giant slalom
- Barstool Sports co-host Patrick Connor fired by KNBR after calling Olympian a 'hot piece'
- Shaun White drags American flag on ground after winning gold medal, gets lit up on social media
- Shaun White wins US its 100th Winter Olympics gold with epic halfpipe performance
- Team USA hockey goalies can keep Statue of Liberty on helmets at Olympics, despite reports