Craig Colson became news director and anchor at WVII ABC 7 and WFVX Fox Bangor in December of 2012. He began his career in broadcasting in 1985 while working as a news photographer at another Bangor television station. Craig worked his way up through the ranks and became the main anchor for the nightly newscasts before leaving in 2009. At that point, he became news director for four local radio stations and delivered the morning news before taking on his current position.
Craig grew up in a "news family" and followed in the footsteps of his father who was also a news director and anchor. His brother is also a news photographer at a Boston television station.
Craig's career has brought him all over-reporting from everywhere from Washington D.C. to Red Square in Moscow, Russia. When he isn't reporting the news, Craig can be found taking on new adventures with his two daughters or exploring the coast of Maine in his kayak. His other passion is making furniture in his shop or just about anything involving the outdoors.
AUGUSTA - Secretary of State Matt Dunlap has filed a lawsuit seeking information on correspondence concerning the Presidents Advisory Commission on Election Integrity.
ROCKLAND - The Knox County Sheriff's Office continues to investigate the disappearance of a local fisherman.
AUGUSTA - Governor LePage has vetoed a bill that would create regulations for Maine's new marijuana industry.
BANGOR-The Red Cross has set up several shelters around the state to give people a warm place to sleep tonight.
BANGOR - Utility crews hope to make a lot of progress today in the effort to restore electricity to thousands of Mainer's.
- NYC terror attack: Halloween horror would have been much worse without top notch NYPD
- NYC terror suspect Sayfullo Saipov: Who is he?
- Democratic group pulls ad targeting Virginia governor hopeful Ed Gillespie's supporters
- Kaepernick attends 'Unthanksgiving Day' event on Alcatraz
- Stop talking about the need for computer science and start teaching it
- Michael Flynn, Trump's ex-National Security Adviser, focus of Russia investigation: What to know
- Pope decries fomenting fear of migrants for political gain
- 3 UN peacekeepers, Malian soldier killed in jihadist attack
- Afghan airstrike kills Taliban commander: official
- The Latest: State news says 54 killed in Egypt mosque attack
- Holiday party leftovers: What to keep and what to toss
- Ashley Graham gets candid on Miss Universe, being a sex symbol as a plus-size model
- 8 things grocery shoppers should do as soon as they get home
- North Korea may have replaced its entire border security team after defection
- Britain's May steps up efforts to broaden Brexit talks
- Celebrities call for release of woman convicted of first-degree murder
- Zimbabweans preparing to greet country's new leader
- Kaepernick participates in 'Unthanksgiving Day' on Alcatraz
- Rashida Jones Reveals Why She Quit 'Toy Story 4' After Pixar Co-Founder Takes Leave
- Jordan Fisher Crowned 'Dancing with the Stars' Alongside Partner Lindsay Arnold
- 'The Partridge Family' Star David Cassidy Dies At 67
- Drew Scott Lost How Much Weight From Being On 'Dancing With the Stars'?
- Bella Hadid Is 'Grateful' & 'Happy' Following Her Second Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- Did Kris Jenner Just Confirm Khloe & Kylie's Pregnancies On Instagram?
- Armie Hammer Calls Out Casey Affleck's Oscar Win As A Double Standard Against Nate Parker
- Pink Releases Her Music Video For 'Beautiful Trauma' Co-Starring Channing Tatum
- Kathy Griffin Says She Faces A 'Hollywood Blacklist' After Trump Photo Controversy
- Taylor Swift's 'Reputation' Sells 1.22 Million Albums In First Week
- Jenna Dewan Tatum Rocks Super Sexy Look At The 2017 American Music Awards
- Kelly Clarkson's Daughters, River Rose and Savannah, Stole Nicole Kidman & Pink's Hearts At The 2017 AMAs
- Pay up: Jaguars DBs hold each other accountable by 'taxing' mistakes
- Mississippi State QB Nick Fitzgerald leaves rivalry game with gruesome injury
- Blues recall Sammy Blais from AHL's Rampage
- Bjugstad, Panthers defeat Maple Leafs in shootout
- QB Smith taking heat for Chiefs' extended malaise
- Ohtani may be posted next week after MLB and NPB make deal
- Injuries will be the story as Redskins and Giants play on Thanksgiving
- Chargers and Cowboys head into Thanksgiving game with a lot on the line
- San Diego State offensive coordinator calls Penny's snub "a joke"
- Maria Sharapova being investigated by Indian police in housing fraud case
- NBA star Ray Allen says he was 'catfished,' asks court to throw out stalking case
- Olympic gymnast Gabby Douglas says she was abused, as disgraced doctor pleads guilty to sex charges