Blake Lipton joined the ABC 7 and Fox 22 news team in January of 2016 and is excited to start his career in television as a morning anchor at our station!
He is a recent graduate of the University of South Carolina and has previously interned with the ESPNU/SEC Network, Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic and the WOLO sports department in Columbia, South Carolina during his time in school.
Blake also worked with the Weather Channel to help cover the historic South Carolina floods in the fall of 2015.
While most of his experience is in sports, Blake is thrilled for the opportunity to host the morning show at Fox ABC Maine and become a more well-rounded journalist and storyteller.
When he is not anchoring or reporting, Blake enjoys hiking, reading and talking anything football. He is also a fan of coffee and hip-hop music.
Feel free to reach out to him with story ideas at [email protected] or follow him on Twitter at @Blake_Lipton for the latest updates on everything Maine!
STATEWIDE - We have explored a number of reasons why Maine has one of the lowest populations of people attending worship services on a regular basis.
Individualism, abandonment of the Gospel, diminishing appeal to young people and a general view that worship service is not needed were all explanations in the first part of our series, "Unchurched."
"I kind of have to see it like Charles Dickens' 'The Tale of Two Cities,'" says Kirk Winters, senior pastor at The Rock Church in Bangor. "It is the best of times, it is the worst of times."
STATEWIDE - Maine is known for its beautiful landscapes, abundance of wildlife and its small town living.
Whether the product of creation or the work of a constantly evolving world, inside those tiny towns, one would be hard pressed not to find a chapel or a church adorning the New England landscape.
It might be more difficult, however, to find someone sitting in the seats or pews they hold.
BURLINGTON - The State Fire Marshal's office is investigating a fire that destroyed a home in Burlington Monday morning.
AUGUSTA - Members of the Maine Spirit of America Foundation joined Blake Lipton on ABC 7 News at Noon to discuss the group's mission and to preview an upcoming event in Guilford.
MOUNT DESERT - The MDI Trojans are headed back to the Class C North regional championship game after taking down the Oceanside Mariners 51-14.
STATEWIDE - Oceanside edged out Hermon in the Class C North Quarterfinals Friday night, while MDI picked up a big win over John Bapst.
HEALTHY ME - Dr. Sarah Sinclair, an oncologist with Eastern Maine Medical Center Cancer Care, joined us for this week's segment as we continue to discuss breast cancer topics during the month of October.
STATEWIDE - Slot machines, tables games and a large casino are ultimately on the line when voters head to the polls this November to vote on Question 1.
STATEWIDE - Bucksport and Ellsworth headline our Week 8 Class D North football highlights.
Ellsworth clinched a playoff berth with a big win over Washington Academy and Bucksport had another solid showing against Stearns.
- NYC terror attack: Halloween horror would have been much worse without top notch NYPD
- NYC terror suspect Sayfullo Saipov: Who is he?
- Democratic group pulls ad targeting Virginia governor hopeful Ed Gillespie's supporters
- Kaepernick attends 'Unthanksgiving Day' event on Alcatraz
- Stop talking about the need for computer science and start teaching it
- Michael Flynn, Trump's ex-National Security Adviser, focus of Russia investigation: What to know
- Pope decries fomenting fear of migrants for political gain
- 3 UN peacekeepers, Malian soldier killed in jihadist attack
- Afghan airstrike kills Taliban commander: official
- The Latest: State news says 54 killed in Egypt mosque attack
- Holiday party leftovers: What to keep and what to toss
- Ashley Graham gets candid on Miss Universe, being a sex symbol as a plus-size model
- 8 things grocery shoppers should do as soon as they get home
- North Korea may have replaced its entire border security team after defection
- Britain's May steps up efforts to broaden Brexit talks
- Celebrities call for release of woman convicted of first-degree murder
- Zimbabweans preparing to greet country's new leader
- Kaepernick participates in 'Unthanksgiving Day' on Alcatraz
- Rashida Jones Reveals Why She Quit 'Toy Story 4' After Pixar Co-Founder Takes Leave
- Jordan Fisher Crowned 'Dancing with the Stars' Alongside Partner Lindsay Arnold
- 'The Partridge Family' Star David Cassidy Dies At 67
- Drew Scott Lost How Much Weight From Being On 'Dancing With the Stars'?
- Bella Hadid Is 'Grateful' & 'Happy' Following Her Second Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- Did Kris Jenner Just Confirm Khloe & Kylie's Pregnancies On Instagram?
- Armie Hammer Calls Out Casey Affleck's Oscar Win As A Double Standard Against Nate Parker
- Pink Releases Her Music Video For 'Beautiful Trauma' Co-Starring Channing Tatum
- Kathy Griffin Says She Faces A 'Hollywood Blacklist' After Trump Photo Controversy
- Taylor Swift's 'Reputation' Sells 1.22 Million Albums In First Week
- Jenna Dewan Tatum Rocks Super Sexy Look At The 2017 American Music Awards
- Kelly Clarkson's Daughters, River Rose and Savannah, Stole Nicole Kidman & Pink's Hearts At The 2017 AMAs
- Pay up: Jaguars DBs hold each other accountable by 'taxing' mistakes
- Mississippi State QB Nick Fitzgerald leaves rivalry game with gruesome injury
- Blues recall Sammy Blais from AHL's Rampage
- Bjugstad, Panthers defeat Maple Leafs in shootout
- QB Smith taking heat for Chiefs' extended malaise
- Ohtani may be posted next week after MLB and NPB make deal
- Injuries will be the story as Redskins and Giants play on Thanksgiving
- Chargers and Cowboys head into Thanksgiving game with a lot on the line
- San Diego State offensive coordinator calls Penny's snub "a joke"
- Maria Sharapova being investigated by Indian police in housing fraud case
- NBA star Ray Allen says he was 'catfished,' asks court to throw out stalking case
- Olympic gymnast Gabby Douglas says she was abused, as disgraced doctor pleads guilty to sex charges