Jon Alba joined ABC 7 and FOX 22 in September of 2015 to serve as sports director and anchor. He is a graduate of Quinnipiac University, where he served as general manager of the school's television station Q30 Television for two years.
During his tenure, Q30 was named "College Television Station of the Year" by the College Media Association in 2014, and picked up additional national award recognition as well. Jon has been acknowledged by the Society of Professional Journalists for his commitment to sports journalism, including his investigative work while covering Quinnipiac Athletics.
Prior to moving to Maine, Jon was a lifelong resident of New Jersey. There, he formed a passion for covering sports, knowing since age 5 he wanted to tell stories for a living.
In the past, Jon has worked at MLB Network, alongside MLB Advanced Media. Additionally, his work has been featured on AOL Sports. He can be contacted at [email protected] or on Twitter @JonAlba.
ORONO - The Red Riots of Orono are in the midst of a tumultuous six games in nine days stretch, but managed to stay hot against Foxcroft Academy Tuesday.
Orono pulled away in the fourth quarter from the Ponies, earning a 55-38 win on home court.
BANGOR - The tournament is in sight for many high school basketball teams, and those looking to punch their ticket will need to pick up crucial division wins. Edward Little was able to do just that against Bangor girls basketball Tuesday night.
The Red Eddies led out of the gate and didn't look back, downing the Rams 49-31.
OLD TOWN - The Orono girls basketball team trailed rival Old Town 12-3 in the second quarter, but earned a big comeback win on the road.
A 10-4 run helped position the Red Riots back in the game, ultimately dropping the Coyotes 31-30.
ORONO - The Presque Isle Wildcats traveled four hours in tough conditions to get to Orono to take on the Red Riots boys basketball team, and they left with a gratifying win.
The Wildcats took down the Red Riots 68-64, getting 35 points from Griffin Guerrette. Orono's Connor Robertson added 36 of his own in the loss.
WATERVILLE - It's the beginning of a new era in at Colby College, where Jack Cosgrove was formally introduced as head football coach Monday afternoon.
ORONO - Just days coming off of his run with the United States Junior National hockey team, Jeremy Swayman earned another accolade for the Maine Black Bears on the ice.
BANGOR - Husson women's basketball etched her name in the history books Saturday, scoring her 1,000th career point while in the midst of her junior season. The accolade helped produce other accolades in turn on Monday.
ORONO - Hockey is back in Orono, and the University of Maine is standing tall on a national stage once again.
ORLANDO, Florida - Foxcroft Academy's Luis Ayala was named U.S. Cellular's Most Valuable Coach in America last fall, and he was officially honored for it this week.
Ayala had a chance to take the field at the Under Armour All-America Football Game in Orlando Thursday night, receiving his award on national television.
ORONO - Jamil Demby anchored one of the top offensive lines in all of the Colonial Athletic Association this past season, and now he is being invited to showcase his skills in front of the NFL's top eyes.
- US Embassy in Montenegro attacked with grenade, prompting security scare
- Los Angeles sheriff's deputy accused of forcing inmates to engage in sex acts
- Swingers club in Florida being sued in connection with fatal crash
- Retired NYC sanitation worker makes $285K a year from pension
- Woman who cared for Florida gunman reportedly wants to control his inheritance
- Kansas woman reportedly sued by bank after ATM dished out $100 bills instead of $5s
- Woman in affair that brought down ex-GOP Rep. Murphy announces House run
- Teacher arrested after police say they found seven pounds of date rape drug in his apartment
- Pennsylvania GOP leaders ask Supreme Court to block redrawn congressional map
- Pat Boone: Instead of prayer in schools, there is violence
- Sarah Palin: Billy Graham understood God is the only answer
- Reports suggest GOP House hopeful got racy texts from aide
- Google removes Iranian-backed app over cyber-spying concerns
- Trump hopes to fast-track infrastructure projects
- At least one new charge filed in Manafort case
- Florida state rep talks meeting with students about safety
- Texas school district threatens to suspend students who protest gun violence during school hours
- Blue whale carcass carved into, stomped on by tourists taking selfies on top of the creature
- Kate Middleton Rubs Shoulders With Anna Winter & Stella McCartney At Fashion Event
- R. Kelly Has Been Evicted From Two Atlanta Homes Over $30K In Unpaid Rent
- Katherine Heigl Shows Off Post-Baby Body 14 Months After Giving Birth To Son Joshua
- Ciara Shares Sweet First Father-Daughter Photo Of Russell Wilson & Baby Sienna
- 'Saturday Night Live' Alum Colin Quinn Shares Update After Valentine's Day Heart Attack
- Kourtney Kardashian Reveals She Outweighs Her Son Mason By Just 36 Pounds
- Hilary Duff Mourns Her Beloved Dog In Heartbreaking Goodbye Post
- Fergie Speaks Out Following Her NBA All-Star Game Performance: I 'Honestly Tried My Best'
- Jennifer Lawrence Stuns In Dior At The 'Red Sparrow' European Premiere
- Aaron Rodgers & Danica Patrick Share A Kiss At Daytona 500
- Cardi B Dances To Her Hit 'Bartier Cardi' While Snacking At The NBC All-Stars Game
- Ansel Elgort Is An Uncle: See The Sweet Photo Of Him & His Niece
- North Korean cheerleader accidentally claps for the Americans, report says
- Russian curler caught doping to return Olympic bronze medal
- Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban fined $600G for tanking comments
- Rick Pitino says Louisville should sue NCAA over vacated wins, title
- US figure skaters suffer rough falls during women's short program in Winter Olympics
- Canadian skier Chris Del Bosco suffers possible pelvis injury after serious crash at Winter Olympics
- Mark Cuban under fire following expose alleging rampant sexual misconduct in Dallas Mavericks workplace
- Team USA men's hockey eliminated in shootout in Olympic quarterfinals
- Lindsey Vonn earns bronze in likely last Olympic downhill
- North Korean skater disqualified after falling in Olympic pre-heat; some onlookers claim dirty play
- Louisville to vacate 2013 basketball title as sex scandal punishment
- Russian curler Alexander Krushelnitsky tested positive for Winter Olympics doping, ROC says