Jon Alba joined ABC 7 and FOX 22 in September of 2015 to serve as sports director and anchor. He is a graduate of Quinnipiac University, where he served as general manager of the school's television station Q30 Television for two years.
During his tenure, Q30 was named "College Television Station of the Year" by the College Media Association in 2014, and picked up additional national award recognition as well. Jon has been acknowledged by the Society of Professional Journalists for his commitment to sports journalism, including his investigative work while covering Quinnipiac Athletics.
Prior to moving to Maine, Jon was a lifelong resident of New Jersey. There, he formed a passion for covering sports, knowing since age 5 he wanted to tell stories for a living.
In the past, Jon has worked at MLB Network, alongside MLB Advanced Media. Additionally, his work has been featured on AOL Sports. He can be contacted at [email protected] or on Twitter @JonAlba.
HAMPDEN - Major HealPoints were on the line in Class A North for girls basketball, as Hampden Academy hosted Brewer.
BANGOR - The final unbeaten team in Class B North girls basketball has fallen, as Ellsworth came out and dominated at Cross Insurance Center Friday night.
The Eagles beat the John Bapst Crusaders 43-34, handing Bapst its first loss. The Crusaders sit just a couple of HealPoints ahead of Hermon for the lead in the class.
BANGOR - The Husson women's basketball team made its first signing of 2018 official Thursday, bringing in a star guard from Westchester, New York.
BANGOR - Maine men's basketball is in a position where it needs as many wins as it can possibly get to stay relevant in the early goings of America East play, but a fast start was undone by a sloppy second half against Hartford.
HAMPDEN - Hampden Academy has become a go-to destination for high school sports in the north region of Maine. Despite this, the school and RSU 22 are on the hunt to secure funding for a renovated turf field on its main facility.
ORONO - On the heels of losing a fair amount of talent on the offensive line and one of its biggest weapons in now-transferred running back Josh Mack, the University of Maine football team is set to attempt to restock its arsenal.
BANGOR - Husson and Bowdoin have one of the best Division III basketball rivalries on the East Coast, and Tuesday's outing went down to the wire.
Husson's Raheem Anderson couldn't put the Bears away after having two opportunities from beyond the arc, with Bowdoin taking home a 90-87 win.
ORONO - It had been 45 days since Maine men's hockey last laced up at Alfond Arena, and it was a welcome return to the homeland Tuesday night.
After a rough weekend series with No. 10 Northeastern, Maine bounced back with a 3-1 win over UMass, led by 34 saves from freshman goalie Jeremy Swayman.
BANGOR - The John Bapst Crusaders girls basketball team entered Friday night's game with Old Town undefeated, and despite a scare, walked out untouched.
The Crusaders battled back from being down at the half, and earned a 43-32 win.
HERMON - The Hermon Hawks are keeping pace in Class B North after a successful night against Oceanside.
The boys team rallied in the second half to down the Mariners 63-41. The girls meanwhile trailed Oceanside at the half, but managed to pull away in the final minutes of the fourth quarter to earn a 44-40 win.
- NRA defends itself after corporations pull away
- CDC employee's disappearance prompts $10G reward offer
- US, Britain in cybersecurity divide over Chinese tech firm Huawei
- Condoleezza Rice says US needs to consider Second Amendment's place in 'modern world'
- Man used hunting knife in brutal slaying at Massachusetts library, authorities say
- Mother, daughter thwart armed robbery attempt at Oklahoma liquor store
- Trump talks Dems' memo, guns and border wall in exclusive interview with Fox News
- Closing in on the Olympics 2018 closing ceremony
- Gutfeld: Media grab contentious issue under guise of concern
- Gutfeld: Trump is having a ball and maybe so should you
- Sridevi, Bollywood leading lady of '80s and '90s, dies at 54
- Scott Pruitt talks changes to the EPA under Trump
- Trump: Democratic memo verifies the Nunes FISA memo
- US sailor at Camp Pendleton dies after being struck by helicopter blade
- Oklahoma employee defends liquor store from thief, report says
- Cambodia's ruling party has sure lock on Senate election
- China will deal 'seriously' with N. Korea sanctions breaches
- Democrats' FISA memo rebuttal: What's under those black bars?
- Orlando Bloom Takes His 7-Year-Old Son Flynn On An Adorable Date
- 'Notting Hill' Star Emma Chambers Dies At 53 — See Hugh Jackman & More Stars' Reactions
- Curling Champions! U.S. Men's Curling Team Wins First Ever Team USA Gold In Huge Upset
- Emily Ratajkowski Got Married In A $200 Suit From Zara
- Amal Clooney Applauds Parkland Student Survivors For Their Bravery In Powerful Talk
- Vanessa Hudgens Shows Off Her Wintry Wood Chopping Skills On The Set Of 'Polar'
- Chevy Chase Got Kicked In The Shoulder In A Road Rage Fight On New York Roadway
- Al Pacino Will Star As Penn State's Joe Paterno In HBO Biopic On April 7
- James Van Der Beek & Wife Kimberly Have Baby No. 5 On The Way
- Tom Holland & Zendaya Cause Social Media Frenzy Over Adorable Snapchat Vids
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race' Reveals The 14 Sickening Queens Competing In Season 10 Of The Hit Show
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Adorable Home Video Of Twins Max & Emme On Their 10th Birthday
- US men's curling team accidentally given women's gold medals
- Canadian skier arrested at Pyeongchang Olympics for stealing car while intoxicated, police say
- Payments to top college basketball players listed in FBI documents: report
- Ex-NFL player, reportedly held by police for disturbing gun picture, 'no longer in police custody'
- Ex-NFL player detained by police for disturbing gun picture
- Another Russian athlete tests positive for doping a day before IOC Russian doping decision
- Canadian hockey player who took off silver medal regrets move
- Twitter attacks German figure skater for performing to 'Schindler's List' score
- Dutch speed skater Jan Blokhuijsen ignites backlash after telling South Koreans to 'please treat dogs better'
- Canadian women's hockey player immediately removes silver medal after loss
- American Mikaela Shiffrin wins silver in Olympic Alpine combined
- North Korean cheerleader accidentally claps for the Americans, report says